BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

has no-one even said that Dack attract interest from other clubs? I don't see any club paying what we would want. 3 out of 4 clubs that don't get promotion are going to have cutbacks happening. Do I see Stoke, Swansea or WBA coming in for him, not really but depends who the managers are of the 2 clubs who are after a new manager. 

Sunderland? really? massive mess there, ownership takeover still not sorted, no manager in either. could be playing catch up again there again like last season when Grayson was appointed late in the summer. Sheff Utd manager Wilder the current bookies favourite but I think he would be daft to move there. good manager and would be a good appointment for Swansea if he fits what they want

Money doesn't just talk in football Chaddy, it shouts very loudly. They are now in a much better financial position than we are. I'd swap league and financial situations with Sunderland tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Depends on what you class as the 'food chain'. Premier League clubs yes, and I'd have no problem with departures to those, but which Championship clubs are we considering as 'higher up the food chain'? 

In my view none of them should be. Yes some are armed with parachute money but that doesn't inevitably mean we will lose our best players to them. I worry we're getting into a 'them and us' mindset of us being smaller fry and others as 'bigger fish' who can come along and pluck our best players.

Of course it all comes from what approach our owners take, if they want us to be a selling club who loses better players to rivals then that's their decision, the alternative is we fight tooth and nail to compete with these clubs and don't entertain approaches from them for our players.

The evidence of recent years with Rhodes, Cairney, Marshall, Hanley and Duffy is that they will entertain such attention, but i don't accept it is inevitable or unavoidable. Plenty of non-parachute clubs fight to keep their talent and succeed in doing so.

Sunderland aren't higher up the food chain and if people running this club believe that to be so then we're in trouble.

Recent history tells me we are definitely a selling club. Nothing Venkies have done suggests otherwise.

Sunderland will have the financial resources we can only dream about now Short has cleared all their debts.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Money doesn't just talk in football Chaddy, it shouts very loudly. They are now in a much better financial position than we are. I'd swap league and financial situations with Sunderland tomorrow.

No deal finalised and confirm I wouldnt ahead of yourself. 

Football league havent confirm the deal yet

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Don't think I would. The problems run deep at Sunderland and although potentially debt free they have a lot of clearing out and restructuring to do. 

Oh and if Dack going just let it be soon enough to sort out the rest of the squad. We can't afford to be selling him after the season starts

Edited by gumboots

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mercer, I'm sorry to say this but I dont believe you at all. You kept posting Rhodes was leaving or being sold, Venkys will be selling and none of it was true. 

And you think by posting that Dack is going and his head will be turn then it will come true(for once). 

I have faith in Mowbray and he will keep his best players. Venkys are meeting Mowbray face to face and they only do that to people they trust and believe in. 

Chaddy, whether you 'believe' me or not will not give me sleepless nights.

I've said many times before, a huge proportion of stuff about football that you read in the press etc doesn't happen - in fact I'd say only about 5% does.  It's the nature of the industry where events are so fluid and unpredictable and if you had ever had any involvement in a football club then you would realise that.

Interesting you mention Rhodes and Venky's.  Just remind me who first posted on here the deal for Rhodes to join Rovers had been finalised at least two to three hours before any press/media had a sniff of it and who also first posted on here about a potential part change in Rovers' ownership (Seneca - although I didn't name them for obvious reasons) before press/media had a sniff of it.

Unfortunately, in the course of work/life, you have many face to face meetings and it is surprising just how many of those people you would not 'trust and believe' in!

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Recent history tells me we are definitely a selling club. Nothing Venkies have done suggests otherwise.

Sunderland will have the financial resources we can only dream about now Short has cleared all their debts.

Yet they are in the 3rd division and are a shambles. Having parachute money got them nowhere last season. So definitely not higher up the food chain.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

only Duffy has achieve success at other club since leaving here. 

Marshall, Hanley, Gestede careers have gone no where. and Rhodes has done nothing since leaving here and barely played this last season

Hmmm. Hanley was part of a Newcastle squad that won the league the season after leaving us and has since become a regular at Norwich (mid-table side). Marshall last seen at play-off chasing Millwall where he earned rave reviews. Cairney has become captain and most important player at Fulham who have been in promotion contention for 2 years. 

Rovers have suffered a lot more than those players we sold who have at least remained mid-table Championship players if not improved.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Mercer said:

Chaddy, whether you 'believe' me or not will not give me sleepless nights.

I've said many times before, a huge proportion of stuff about football that you read in the press etc doesn't happen - in fact I'd say only about 5% does.  It's the nature of the industry where events are so fluid and unpredictable and if you had ever had any involvement in a football club then you would realise that.

Interesting you mention Rhodes and Venky's.  Just remind me who first posted on here the deal for Rhodes to join Rovers had been finalised at least two to three hours before any press/media had a sniff of it and who also first posted on here about a potential part change in Rovers' ownership (Seneca - although I didn't name them for obvious reasons) before press/media had a sniff of it.

Unfortunately, in the course of work/life, you have many face to face meetings and it is surprising just how many of those people you would not 'trust and believe' in!

Glen Mullan

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

has no-one even said that Dack attract interest from other clubs? I don't see any club paying what we would want. 3 out of 4 clubs that don't get promotion are going to have cutbacks happening. Do I see Stoke, Swansea or WBA coming in for him, not really but depends who the managers are of the 2 clubs who are after a new manager. 

Sunderland? really? massive mess there, ownership takeover still not sorted, no manager in either. could be playing catch up again there again like last season when Grayson was appointed late in the summer. Sheff Utd manager Wilder the current bookies favourite but I think he would be daft to move there. good manager and would be a good appointment for Swansea if he fits what they want

Largely irrelevant.  If Dack wants offski he will go and for nowhere near what you would like.  It is not wise for any football club to keep a dissatisfied asset - it becomes a case of getting the best deal you can and that best deal is only what some other club is prepared to pay. 

Just now, Mercer said:

Largely irrelevant.  If Dack wants offski he will go and for nowhere near what you would like.  It is not wise for any football club to keep a dissatisfied asset - it becomes a case of getting the best deal you can and that best deal is only what some other club is prepared to pay. 

Again not strictly true. Numerous clubs in the Championship have had players attracting Premier League interest, for whatever reason it doesn't materialise, and the player then knuckles down and gets on with it.

One example off the top of my head - Hugill at PNE - went as far as submitting a transfer request last summer but PNE stood firm as they weren't prepared to let him go and so he stayed until January and played for them - then West Ham came in and he was sold for good money in a deal that suited everyone (rather than selling him to a rival for less).

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

only Duffy has achieve success at other club since leaving here. 

Marshall, Hanley, Gestede careers have gone no where. and Rhodes has done nothing since leaving here and barely played this last season

Josh King and Tom Cairney? :blink:

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I agree to a large extent. Leicester held on to Mahrez, what did he do this season ? Played when he felt like it and now he'll be off this summer.

37 minutes ago, Mercer said:

There has been absolutely no speculation that Dack does want offski.

You do this every season and anything you say never comes true.The papers might only get 5% of things right like you say, but it is 5% more than you.

Whilst I don't share Chaddy's optimism that Dack will definitely not be sold, I do find it somewhat distasteful that, whilst most of us are still basking in a promotion achieved without recourse to the playoffs, Mercer returns to tell us he will be.  Surely we can let the dust settle on this season and allow Mowbray and his players a week or 2 respite before the players who are leaving thread starts.  Talk about deliberately trying to rain on our parade!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

There has been absolutely no speculation that Dack does want offski.

You do this every season and anything you say never comes true.The papers might only get 5% of things right like you say, but it is 5% more than you.

You obviously didn't read my earlier post.

Edited by Mercer

Just now, gumboots said:

Whilst I don't share Chaddy's optimism that Dack will definitely not be sold, I do find it somewhat distasteful that, whilst most of us are still basking in a promotion achieved without recourse to the playoffs, Mercer returns to tell us he will be.  Surely we can let the dust settle on this season and allow Mowbray and his players a week or 2 respite before the players who are leaving thread starts.  Talk about deliberately trying to rain on our parade!

Sorry, think you've got it wrong.  Please show me where I've said he will definitely be gone.

Lets get back on topic we have no reason to think Dack is leaving apart from some guy who every window tells us our best player at what ever time is leaving during the window we had Samba is 99% certain to join Newcastle United. to Jordan Rhodes to a new club every window. 

I'd imagine if I could be arsed to look back he was telling us Lenihan was as good as gone at start of the season. 

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You obviously didn't read my earlier post.

Which post?If it's the Jordan Rhodes on it was Glen Mullan who broke that story on here. 

As for the Seneca story, if I remember correctly you said the Venkys where selling the club?

What about Rhodes to Bolton?Then Wigan?

Raya to a premier league club for a pittance a couple of seasons ago?

It does feel like you come on here at times and post things which would be bad news for us just to get a reaction and then play the lime "in my line of work I hear things " bla bla bla.

Nothing against you personally but find it funny you very rarely ever here any positive rumours concerning Rovers from your "contacts"

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Dack isn't going anywhere unless a crazy bid comes in

On Rhodes, I would take him as another option upfront. Whatever has happened since leaving here, the guy scores goals in a rovers shirt 

If we are playing one up front then would be a waste bringing in Rhodes on the wages he would be on and he will want to playing every week.Id be against Rhodes coming back 

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

If we are playing one up front then would be a waste bringing in Rhodes on the wages he would be on and he will want to playing every week.Id be against Rhodes coming back 

Would he want to play be playing every week? I don't see how he would be in any position to play make such demands. If he was, then don't sign him, but I dont think he is the type to be make waves or demands. 

As an impact sub, great signing. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would he want to play be playing every week? I don't see how he would be in any position to play make such demands. If he was, then don't sign him, but I dont think he is the type to be make waves or demands. 

As an impact sub, great signing. 

An impact sub on 40 grand a week?Even if Sheff weds let him go for half his salary that's still 20k a week for someone who wouldn't be a starter 

• Like 1