BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Totally agree and the feel good factor of this season is clouding many a judgement. We are in for a long hard season and anything above staying up is a bonus imo

Depends on the summer activity. A bit of strengthening that adds to the feel good factor could get us mid-table. Millwall and Sheff Utd for example. Do a Bolton and sell your best player and not bring much in of note - then ill be worried (still they just about survived).

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well it is important to be fit for lady season ? relying on autocorrect to the heavy lifting :D

When does fit lady season start? Might do a Dacky and lurk in the corner.

• Like 2

Just now, RV Blue said:

I thought that the standard was incredibly poor for two of the best teams in the Championship and that we have absolutely nothing to fear.

Really?

Thought some of Fulham's football was sublime.  Hope they win the final - football in this country needs more of their style. 

Just now, Mercer said:

Really?

Thought some of Fulham's football was sublime.  Hope they win the final - football in this country needs more of their style. 

Makes our sale of Cairney that even worse seeing him now. Fantastic left foot and close control. Only downside was that my missus fancied him rotten.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Depends on the summer activity. A bit of strengthening that adds to the feel good factor could get us mid-table. Millwall and Sheff Utd for example. Do a Bolton and sell your best player and not bring much in of note - then ill be worried (still they just about survived).

The key to survival is strengthening because that team would struggle to stay up but the current squad has no chance. The depth just isn't there. An injury to dack and I seriously don't know where the goals are coming from. He carried that team at times and the bench was extremely weak especially for the league we are going into. We need some serious competition for places. Players playing out of position and crazy tactics will be punished that much I'm sure of

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If we had released him you would have said that it was the correct decision anyway.

Stop making stuff up pal. 

I was open and honest about Conway and about him staying. If you dont like my answer thats aint my problem 

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

He missed the point completely. The point is that we don’t need to shuffle the pack to cover during the close season. We can buy round pegs for round holes. (Not actual pegs, Chaddy, players).

Unbelievable that others think that Caddis, Gladwin, Downing and Leutwiler, and even Samuel have any place in a Championship squad. Some people really haven’t been paying attention.

We need major improvement. ‘Our best players’ need to become ‘amongst our best players, and our worst players touted to other club. Relegation next season is a distinct possibility without reinforcements. Just ask Bolton. And they had Armstrong - one of our best L1 players - for half a season.

Stop with the talking down to me Stuart and treat people with respect. Like same way you want to treat. 

We need 6 or 7 new players in. Nothing more. In the positions ive listed below. 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes, but you said Caddis, Bennett and Travis should be next in line when someone suggested signing a right back 

All 3 can play there so what the problem then. 

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Why do we know investment is unlikely. The loons backed him last season and he is going over for talks.

Not talking about “replacing back up players”. We need to upgrade or we will almost certainly struggle against relegation.

Unlike you to be confused. :rolleyes:

Mowbray off to India tomorrow. The LT has an interview With Mowbray in tomorrow and Wednesday paper. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think our main targets need to be in attack, we need id say 4 attacking players, a central midfielder and then maybe a right back.

@Stuart is right in that, in the main, they need to be players who should be improving us rather than adding depth.

We need at least 2 out and out wingers, they need to be of the calibre to be starting games from game 1, not ones who can come on when Conway/Bennett or a striker playing out of position gets tired.

We need a striker, yes we might struggle to get one of the quality of Graham but we need to aim to solely based on Grahams age. Then maybe another attacking midfielder who can push Dack, ideally with the versatility to also play wide/elsewhere.

We need a central midfielder who can play alongside and compliment Smallwood or Evans, not one to cover them, and a right back who can come in and at least equal Nyambe, not another Caddis.

Dont understand the clamour for a big thug at centre back, Mulgrew and Lenihan are a quality partnership.

Like I said before we need 6 or 7 players. Mostly in attacking positions. We need centre midfielder, centre back, 2 wingers, Armstrong back either as loan or buy, target man striker 

2 hours ago, Biz said:

I agree on that but I’d like to see 4 natural centrebacks at the club. I know Williams is a good cover, but I think we’d be screwed with Downing as our only option elsewhere. Not a single one is a “route one” defender.

Maybe Wharton is the answer? 

I agree we need a centre back in. 

1 hour ago, Tormund said:

I think some people here will be surprised who we will sign. Let’s be honest nobody knows who will come in. Let’s wait and see. We bought some good players at the start of the last season so no reason why we can’t find another few gems.

I agree. Got to trust Mowbray and our scouting network to find the right players.

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Nah chaddy reckons he's to old and we shouldn't be signing anyone of that age regardless so I will have to bow to his wisdom and pass

Huth is 33 years old and hasnt played a league game all season. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

We are chronically short pace - our best three players (Mulgrew, Dack & Graham) have none.

Surely this is where the youngsters come into the equation. Mixture of youth and experience.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stop with the talking down to me Stuart and treat people with respect. Like same way you want to treat. 

You really are overly sensitive at times. You jumped down my throat about the window not being open this minute when the point was that we are entering the recruitment period. I.e. you missed the point. That isn’t talking down to you.

Your statement that “we need 6 or 7 players nothing more” is preposterous. That’s one-third of the squad that needs replacing. Pretty significant. “In the positions I’ve listed below” You don’t seem to notice your own arrogance at times.

But you don’t seem to notice issues like our right back problem. And when specific players are mentioned you start pontificating.

Put it this way, you say we need 6 or 7 players. Which current players (not just positions) do you therefor feel aren’t good enough for the Championship?

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

You really are overly sensitive at times. You jumped down my throat about the window not being open this minute when the point was that we are entering the recruitment period. I.e. you missed the point. That isn’t talking down to you.

Your statement that “we need 6 or 7 players nothing more” is preposterous. That’s one-third of the squad that needs replacing. Pretty significant. “In the positions I’ve listed below” You don’t seem to notice your own arrogance at times.

But you don’t seem to notice issues like our right back problem. And when specific players are mentioned you start pontificating.

Put it this way, you say we need 6 or 7 players. Which current players (not just positions) do you therefor feel aren’t good enough for the Championship?

I have asked the same of him before.Never got a reply to it though

He wants to sign 6 or 7 players, give the youth a chance, keep the like's of Gladwin, give another contract to Conway etc

I'm sure he wants us to have a 40 man squad

9 hours ago, islander200 said:

I have asked the same of him before.Never got a reply to it though

He wants to sign 6 or 7 players, give the youth a chance, keep the like's of Gladwin, give another contract to Conway etc

I'm sure he wants us to have a 40 man squad

Never said I wanted 40 man squad. 

The current squad:-

Keepers- Raya Luetwiler Fisher

Defenders- Nyambe Caddis Lenihan Mulgrew Downing Williams Bell

Midfielders- Bennett Smallwood Travis Evans(would sell if we got a decent offer) Conway(when he signed a new contract) Gladwin Dack

Strikers- Graham (when he signed a new contract) Samuel Nuttall

Thats 19 players above. So signing 6 players would give us 25 man squad which is what we need. 

Players to rid of Whittingham, Wharton, Hart. Loan Tomlinson out

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

Where did I jump down your throat? Complete over the top comment again Stuart. 

I dont see right back as a problem position like you. Thats my opinion. 

No arrogance but just repeating what I already said. 

Wharton, Whittingham, Hart possibly Evans if we got a decent offer plus Chapman, Armstrong, Antonsson and Payne have returned to their clubs following the loan deal. Plus loan Tomlinson out. There are 6 or 7 empty spots. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never said I wanted 40 man squad. 

The current squad:-

Keepers- Raya Luetwiler Fisher

Defenders- Nyambe Caddis Lenihan Mulgrew Downing Williams Bell

Midfielders- Bennett Smallwood Travis Evans(would sell if we got a decent offer) Conway(when he signed a new contract) Gladwin

Strikers- Graham (when he signed a new contract) Samuel Nuttall

Thats 19 players above. So signing 6 players would give us 25 man squad which is what we need. 

Players to rid of Whittingham, Wharton, Hart. Loan Tomlinson out

Where did I jump down your throat? Complete over the top comment again Stuart. 

I dont see right back as a problem position like you. Thats my opinion. 

No arrogance but just repeating what I already said. 

Wharton, Whittingham, Hart possibly Evans if we got a decent offer plus Chapman, Armstrong, Antonsson and Payne have returned to their clubs following the loan deal. Plus loan Tomlinson out. There are 6 or 7 empty spots. 

Why do you want to sell Wharton?Can't say iv seen enough of him to make a judgement on him either way but thought he was highly rated by the club and was given a new contract?

Why so keen to keep Gladwin he has a decent season a few years ago that earned him a move to Qpr since then he has done absolutely nothing.

And Caddis why on earth do you want us to continue paying him a wage he isn't fit enough 

Edited by islander200

I think he’ll play 352 next season...

imo we need a quality CB, CM and CF and to re-sign (permenant or loan) Armstrong, Chapman and Payne. I’d be happy with that.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Armstrong started off very strong but for whatever reason faded away just as quickly after his initial nine goal surge.

Payne never really impressed and it doesn't sound like the manager rates him much either. Would be an underwhelming signing even as back up imo. 

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Why do you want to sell Wharton?Can't say iv seen enough of him to make a judgement on him either way but thought he was highly rated by the club and was given a new contract?

Why so keen to keep Gladwin he has a decent season a few years ago that earned him a move to Qpr since then he has done absolutely nothing.

And Caddis why on earth do you want us to continue paying him a wage he isn't fit enough 

I dont him playing much and I would sell him so he can play 1st team football.

I already explain why I would Gladwin so I aint going over again. 

Caddis is a back up player..isnt fit? Match fit or injuries? Bare in mind that people om here want us to sign Huth who hasnt played a league game all season. Was injured for the 1st half of the season

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not sure about either of Armstrong or Payne. Neither of them shone in the positions we played them in. Chapman, I'd need to see him play again first.

I like the look of Wharton, I wouldn't sell him. Maybe another loan deal.

Armstrong scored goals from left wing. Hes a finisher and someone who this league. 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stop making stuff up pal. 

I was open and honest about Conway and about him staying. If you dont like my answer thats aint my problem 

All 3 can play there so what the problem then. 

Mowbray off to India tomorrow. The LT has an interview With Mowbray in tomorrow and Wednesday paper. 

Like I said before we need 6 or 7 players. Mostly in attacking positions. We need centre midfielder, centre back, 2 wingers, Armstrong back either as loan or buy, target man striker 

I agree we need a centre back in. 

I agree. Got to trust Mowbray and our scouting network to find the right players.

Huth is 33 years old and hasnt played a league game all season. 

The problem is Caddis wasn't good enough this season and playing Bennett or Travis there means we are playing them out of position. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Armstrong started off very strong but for whatever reason faded away just as quickly after his initial nine goal surge.

Payne never really impressed and it doesn't sound like the manager rates him much either. Would be an underwhelming signing even as back up imo. 

Question marks over both but it would help if they were played in their best positions. Armstrong is best down the middle and Payne is best with a free role in midfield. Payne gave us all sorts of problems in the match at Oxford and although I haven't seen him hit that form for us yet the potential is there. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Question marks over both but it would help if they were played in their best positions. Armstrong is best down the middle and Payne is best with a free role in midfield. Payne gave us all sorts of problems in the match at Oxford and although I haven't seen him hit that form for us yet the potential is there. 

I agree on them needing to play in their best positions to be most effective. Armstrong's impressive start here showed that there's a player there, so I wouldn't be averse to him returning to play a more central position as either a partner to DG or a different option if the target man plan isn't working. 

I'm just not sure about Payne, and Mowbray's comments on him last week made me think another season in L1 would probably be best for the lad. If TM doesn't see him as a regular starter in L1 then is he even good enough as backup in the Championship? Seems like it'd be a risk and there may be better options out there (depending on our budget, obviously). 

• Backroom

Wonder if the stumbling block re: Graham could be an attempt to reduce his wages as the intention is to start Armstrong up top, with DG as backup?

It's a way I was thinking we'd start playing when Armstrong came in but then DG really hit a run of form so couldn't really be dropped.

It sounds like Wharton's been impressing with Lincoln City. He apparently went down with an injury at the end of the first leg of Lincoln's playoff, so hope he's okay.

I'm struggling to find the link now, but I saw in an aggregation of ratings submitted by fans each game, Wharton was in their top 3 for the games he's played and it seems they're well aware he's a step above League 2.

I suppose the question is do we keep him around as a backup CB or perhaps loan him to a League 1 club next year. The latter may make sense, particularly if we do sign another CB. Otherwise, he'll still likely be behind Mulgrew, Lenihan, and Downing, and Williams can serve as cover after that.

edit: Found the player ratings link: https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/april-player-ratings-momentum-mid-rhondda-and-a-moment-in-time/

3rd highest rating for April and 2nd highest for March.

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont him playing much and I would sell him so he can play 1st team football.

I already explain why I would Gladwin so I aint going over again. 

Caddis is a back up player..isnt fit? Match fit or injuries? Bare in mind that people om here want us to sign Huth who hasnt played a league game all season. Was injured for the 1st half of the season

Armstrong scored goals from left wing. Hes a finisher and someone who this league. 

Caddis looks like someone who plays Sunday league football Chaddy.Not good enough for league 1 certainly not good enough for championship. Released by Birmingham and failed to win a contract at Bury.Not good enough. 

Yeah you did explain about Gladwin , that he had a good season at Swindon.Sorry didn't realise you used to watch Swindon on a regular basis.

• Like 1