BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

There is a shocker. 

5 apps for first team in league. All in midfield..

The Villa under 23's game Travis was in centre midfield with Tomlinson and Hardcastle. Buckley and Evans were wing backs. I attend that game ?.

Every game with the exception of the villa game I saw he played rb

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think that game you are refer to was Oldham at home game. 

We were 2 nil down at half time. We went 3 at the back second half we scored 2 and draw the game 2-2. 

Bennett had a good game on the wing back and Travis in centre mid. 

A draw at home to Oldham isn't a good result. Travis like Bennett can do a job in midfield or on the right of midfield or defense. It's up to mowbray to get the best out of him and utilise his talents. Can we just agree he's a utility player and can play several positions.

Are their any welsh lads on here who can recommend bangors creative midfielders or the colwyn bay right back whose had a good season and deserves a contract at rovers before Barcelona snap him up

Edited by Oldgregg86

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

A draw at home to Oldham isn't a good result. Travis like Bennett can do a job in midfield or on the right of midfield or defense. It's up to mowbray to get the best out of him and utilise his talents. Can we just agree he's a utility player and can play several positions.

I will agree to that oldgregg86 

Never said a draw to Oldham is a good result

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Is there no well lads on here who can recommend bangors creative midfielders or the colwyn bay right back whose had a good season and deserves a contract at rovers before Barcelona snap him up

Nah but Oldham have a world class RB we should certainly be looking at. 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

There is a shocker. 

The Villa under 23's game Travis was in centre midfield with Tomlinson and Hardcastle. Buckley and Evans were wing backs. I attend that game ?.

Chaddy mate, throughout his youth he has played as right back. FACT. Only recently has he been moved to CM due to the recognition of his versatility. Please don't put people down just because he's played only 5 games and all at CM for the first team. For the youth he's played 80% of the time as a right back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Why does it matter?

Do we need to sign a ‘proper’ right back or not?

Or should we plan to have utility players who can play in a few positions?

I prefer defenders to be defenders and be drilled and form an understanding with their fellow defenders but it’s not use people saying that Travis can play there (which, of course he can as that’s his position) when Mowbray doesn’t trust him there and would rather play Bennett - a big player in midfield there. Seems daft not to just go and buy a right back - or simply play Travis is the position where he played very successfully season - barring a game at Ewood (which we lost!).

The why does it matter comment was solely aimed at the squabbling over what position Travis plays, as opposed to whether or not we need to bring in a new RB. 

I think it's a bit premature to say that Mowbray doesn't trust Travis to play RB. I think it's more indicative of the trust he has in Nyambe at RB, that he hasn't tried to blood Travis into the role when he was missing.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Nyambe, so I would look to bring in a new RB in the summer. Although I do appreciate his strengths and that he is highly rated by some, he has no final ball when he gets forward.

11 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

The why does it matter comment was solely aimed at the squabbling over what position Travis plays, as opposed to whether or not we need to bring in a new RB. 

I think it's a bit premature to say that Mowbray doesn't trust Travis to play RB. I think it's more indicative of the trust he has in Nyambe at RB, that he hasn't tried to blood Travis into the role when he was missing.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Nyambe, so I would look to bring in a new RB in the summer. Although I do appreciate his strengths and that he is highly rated by some, he has no final ball when he gets forward.

Nyambe was injured for a couple of months and he played Bennett there instead of the club’s other two right backs. I’d call that a trust issue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Nyambe was injured for a couple of months and he played Bennett there instead of the club’s other two right backs. I’d call that a trust issue.

Travis has only just started to break into the first team last season, so I can understand why he would be hesitant to start him for a significant spell of games. I wouldn't say that's a trust issue. It just seems to be the way Mowbray handles his younger players. He was similarly hesitant with Chapman and Nuttall.

Too many people seem to think playing Bennett at RB is playing him out of position. When he was on loan at Bristol City before joining us, he was regularly playing RB.

38 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Jack Baldwin a sensible target?

Hasnt he been transfer listed by Peterborough after a poor season? Need much better than that.

33 minutes ago, Stuart said:

To be fair, it was relying on experience at a crucial time, it was vindicated both in results and by the form of Bennett overlapping at right back and Evans who was probably our best player in the last month of the season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

There is a shocker. 

Aaaaargh chaddy i honestly dont think you attend any games!!!

Everytime you have done a match report or discussed your point on a match it has been based on or similar to what others have said on twitter 

FACT ?

Your a fraud

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SoldierMo said:

Aaaaargh chaddy i honestly dont think you attend any games!!!

Everytime you have done a match report or discussed your point on a match it has been based on or similar to what others have said on twitter 

FACT ?

Your a fraud

so funny lad. Your post is full of lies after lies

was there all last season without missing a single home league game. 

so don't start making accusations when you don't have a clue. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wonder if Mowbray will look at Hoilett from Cardiff. Out of contract this summer I believe. 

Him and Andreas Bjelland the danish centre half from Brentford are both out of contract.

would also look at Sidy Sarr and Marco Hoger (F.C. koln just got relegated, excellent box to box player like Jermaine Jones and a spare right back.

Sidy Sarr is like a young mo Diame 6ft 6.

Would also look at Onuachu from F.C. Midjelland if Brentford don’t get in their first, 6ft 7 target man.

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 1

Saw 6 or 7 of the U-23 matches up at Leyland last season and, for the majority of those games, Travis played out on the ride hand side (if memory serves, he may have even played on the left in one game). This wasn't as a RB because Rovers play a three at the back formation at U-23. They are quite rigid in sticking to this. It was more as a wing-back. Johnson and Dunn clearly utilise his ability to get up and down the pitch. There's no doubt in my mind that he is a midfielder though - he's played in a midfield three alongside Tomlinson and Hardcastle before. That said, I'm not a football manager though, so what do I know ?  

Edited by Andy Kennedys Hairdo