BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

23 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Him and Andreas Bjelland the danish centre half from Brentford are both out of contract.

Would also look at Onuachu from F.C. Midjelland if Brentford don’t get in their first, 6ft 7 target man.

Bjelland played 34 games last season for Brentford. 

Who is Onuachu? 

I dont see us signing alot of foriegn players. Think he keep looking at British players

Edited by chaddyrovers

12 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

The why does it matter comment was solely aimed at the squabbling over what position Travis plays, as opposed to whether or not we need to bring in a new RB. 

I think it's a bit premature to say that Mowbray doesn't trust Travis to play RB. I think it's more indicative of the trust he has in Nyambe at RB, that he hasn't tried to blood Travis into the role when he was missing.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Nyambe, so I would look to bring in a new RB in the summer. Although I do appreciate his strengths and that he is highly rated by some, he has no final ball when he gets forward.

Unfortunately his "final ball" is normally a pass back to the centre half thus negating any chance of a quick breakaway.

1 hour ago, Al said:

Unfortunately his "final ball" is normally a pass back to the centre half thus negating any chance of a quick breakaway.

Totally agree. Either that or when he does actually get forward he pulls it back to someone for a cross. 

Hoilett is not the type we should be looking at even IF we had a chance of taking him on. Turned into a billy big balls after a few decent performance for us in the top division and thought he made it. Admittedly, been performing better at Cardiff but a fragile attitude like that I would avoid. Young, hungry and a step up remember.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Hoilett and Andreas Bjelland the danish centre half from Brentford are both out of contract.

Bjelland is one of the best names I've seen for a while..! 

On Hoilett I was a huge fan of his, think he has loads of quality and should really be playing at a higher level. Exactly the sort of player (quick, creative) we need. 

However surely his wage demands are massive, and his mentality is deeply suspect. Plus when has a player coming back to us (or any other club) really worked? Can't see it happening. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Bjelland is one of the best names I've seen for a while..! 

On Hoilett I was a huge fan of his, think he has loads of quality and should really be playing at a higher level. Exactly the sort of player (quick, creative) we need. 

However surely his wage demands are massive, and his mentality is deeply suspect. Plus when has a player coming back to us (or any other club) really worked? Can't see it happening. 

Colin Hendry but I wouldn't go for Hoilett

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Hoilett is not the type we should be looking at even IF we had a chance of taking him on. Turned into a billy big balls after a few decent performance for us in the top division and thought he made it. Admittedly, been performing better at Cardiff but a fragile attitude like that I would avoid. Young, hungry and a step up remember.

In fairness, when Hoilett was here, we didn't have a manager or coach to make the best of him and his pace.  Same can be said of King and possibly Barrow.  If we had those now, it may be a very different story?

FC Copenhagen is apparently very keen on getting Andreas Bjelland. It is reported that he wants to stay abroad though and play at a higher level than Brentford, so its probably safe to say we won't be signing him.

Edited by DanielMB

Just now, DanielMB said:

FC Copenhagen is apparently very keen on getting Andreas Bjelland. It is reported that he wants to stay abroad and play at a higher level than Brentford, so its probably safe to say we won't be signing him.

I heard he is a bit of a Bjelland so best we stay clear of him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

James Collins released by west ham. I'm all for young hungry players, but I think he would be a great addition in defence 

Good call.

The learning for Lenihan would be incredible (even though we class him as a 'youngster' at 24!) and would free up Charlie for the holding midfield role bringing class, know how and stability.

Edited by Mercer

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

James Collins released by west ham. I'm all for young hungry players, but I think he would be a great addition in defence 

Isnt he 34 years old? Doesnt strike me as Mowbray type player tbh

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Good call.

The learning for Lenihan would be incredible (even though we class him as a 'youngster' at 24!) and would free up Charlie for the holding midfield role bringing class, know how and stability.

Mulgrew doesnt have the fitness for the holding midfielder role. Dont know ppl keep mention it for. 

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Isnt he 34 years old? Doesnt strike me as Mowbray type player tbh

Mulgrew doesnt have the fitness for the holding midfielder role. Dont know ppl keep mention it for. 

Mowbray cant afford to only look at players within a specific age range, he needs to be more open minded than that.

That said, I dont think he will be so narrow minded, his first signing was Peter Whittingham, he also signed Paul Caddis and he is desperate to offer Danny Graham and Craig Conway (wrongly) new contracts.

James Collins isnt a realistic signing anyway, and agreed on Mulgrew being a centre back, not a midfielder.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray cant afford to only look at players within a specific age range, he needs to be more open minded than that.

That said, I dont think he will be so narrow minded, his first signing was Peter Whittingham, he also signed Paul Caddis and he is desperate to offer Danny Graham and Craig Conway (wrongly) new contracts.

James Collins isnt a realistic signing anyway, and agreed on Mulgrew being a centre back, not a midfielder.

I agree on your Collins point.