BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Kevin Moran joined us when he was 34 years old and stayed until he was 38 years old playing some 150 games - an inspirational and influential talisman.

Tony Gale joined Rovers at the age of 35 and was a key figure in the team that won the PL.

Craig Short joined us at 31 years old and we got 6 excellent seasons out of him.

Your thinking seems very muddled and naïve at times.

Nothing naive at all. Just dont want another Danny Murphy situation.

I would be looking at young(21-26) players to sign this summer. Plenty of good players available

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

If we spend £1.5 million on PLAYERS this summer then I'll be amazed!!!

Another loads of BS Mercer. Another prediction that will never come true. No inside info. 

2 hours ago, JayDee said:

I agree we shouldnt be signing Collins or Huth. Too injury prone for me but I'm not against signing a defender in their 30s as there are many out there playing at a higher level than we will be. And yet Chaddy you want us to offer 33yr old spring chicken Conway a new deal, who plays a position where younger legs are certainly required. I swear you make things up as you go along and forget what you've previously posted. 

Conway can use his experience and knowledge. Plus he can play defensive winger. 

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Please do elaborate

It was quote from Rich Sharpe. 

1 hour ago, Raya4espania said:

Thanks for your updates on here chaddy. I'm always grateful for them.

Thanks

The person who said McNulty may be onto something. I've seen him twice, and whilst he is not the sort who can take on a team on his own, he might do well with better players around him. He was good against Wycombe just before Christmas, but the later game against Accrington Stanley he was poor as the rest of the team were completely abject and could not pass or create chances at all.

So I think he'd be a player that needs a good in form team to really get the best out of him.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rich Sharpe

have been trying but nothing as yet - hopefully something tomorrow and then more later in the week. Noises I’m hearing are positive though.

Is it the way I have read that or does Rich Sharpe contradict himself?

Possibly he’s heard from ‘sources’, but nowt from the horse’s mouth as yet?

Though I may be giving the modern day LT too much credit in assuming they have sources that aren’t rovers.co.uk articles!

Edited by Mattyblue

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nothing naive at all. Just dont want another Danny Murphy situation.

I would be looking at young(21-26) players to sign this summer. Plenty of good players available

Another loads of BS Mercer. Another prediction that will never come true. No inside info. 

Conway can use his experience and knowledge. Plus he can play defensive winger. 

It was quote from Rich Sharpe. 

Thanks

Can a 30yrs plus defender not use his knowledge and experience Chaddy. 

It's kind of funny. If Rich Sharpe said things he heard weren't positive it would be seen as gospel on here and panic stations. He says he hears positive things and  it's like "oh well, we can't believe the LT, he didn't speak directly to Mowbray etc etc" 

Tony has madam wrapped around his little finger,  she is also a big fan of Dacky and loves a good Bennett fist pump, ye heard it here first :)

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's kind of funny. If Rich Sharpe said things he heard weren't positive it would be seen as gospel on here and panic stations. He says he hears positive things and  it's like "oh well, we can't believe the LT, he didn't speak directly to Mowbray etc etc" 

Tony has madam wrapped around his little finger,  she is also a big fan of Dacky and loves a good Bennett fist pump, ye heard it here first :)

Some days she just fancies a bit of Smallwood! 

Telegraph always adopt the non-committal approach of avoiding saying anything unless the club has first authorised it. Hence Rich Sharpe and his predecessors regularly coming out with the 'let me check that one' or 'understood not to be on the radar at the moment' or 'probably not within the budget' etc.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Telegraph always adopt the non-committal approach of avoiding saying anything unless the club has first authorised it. Hence Rich Sharpe and his predecessors regularly coming out with the 'let me check that one' or 'understood not to be on the radar at the moment' or 'probably not within the budget' etc.

Just now, Mercer said:

Sadly, where the LT is concerned, I think informed and intelligent journalism went out of the window years ago. 

So you think when Sharpe says he has heard "positive things" he is lying? 

Madame probably only got to know Rovers were promoted a couple of days ago when a minion alerted her to an English bloke called Tony at the gate  buzzing the intercom saying he was a friend of a friend of Balaji's ?

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Loves Bennetts fist pump, oh my I’ll never heal the scars caused by that mental picture. 

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So you think when Sharpe says he has heard "positive things" he is lying? 

It's all about spin.

How do you define 'positive news'.  The positive news may well be that Mowbray has a neutral transfer budget - in other words, he can spend what he realises.  That could be construed as positive, though I imagine it would disappoint most fans (especially Chaddy)  given Venky's have 'lost' some £150million to date .

1 hour ago, robbojohnno said:

Diego Forlan on a free anyone? 39 now but would be a marquee signing and might fancy one last farewell in England? Maybe this sun has gone to my head.

That would have been a goer when a certain mob were trying their best to tie up the parachute money.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It's all about spin.

How do you define 'positive news'.  The positive news may well be that Mowbray has a neutral transfer budget - in other words, he can spend what he realises.  That could be construed as positive, though I imagine it would disappoint most fans (especially Chaddy)  given Venky's have 'lost' some £150million to date .

Well let's just wait and see what positive is. It won't be enough for some no matter what it is

Are you the same Mercer who predicts we will win every match 4-1? 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

It's all about spin.

why don't we wait and see what Mowbray says first publicly. 

we all know about your predictions don't why? it never happens

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well let's just wait and see what positive is. It won't be enough for some no matter what it is

Are you the same Mercer who predicts we will win every match 4-1? 

also prediction that Rhodes would be sold about 4 times. including to teams like Bolton and Wigan. also Venkys would sell up. that was about 4 years ago. 

look at his comments about Dack recently. tell you everything you need to know about Mercer