BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why don't we wait and see what Mowbray says first publicly. 

we all know about your predictions don't why? it never happens

also prediction that Rhodes would be sold about 4 times. including to teams like Bolton and Wigan. also Venkys would sell up. that was about 4 years ago. 

look at his comments about Dack recently. tell you everything you need to know about Mercer

It's funny how he goes from wild positivity in his score predictions to the depths of negativity in his outlook on other things 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So you think when Sharpe says he has heard "positive things" he is lying? 

I'm not suggesting anyone is lying, only that 'hearing' things are 'positive' doesn't mean very much in the scheme of things.

The Telegraph will always adopt a non-committal approach, it has been their routine for years.

'Understood not to be at this stage', 'possibly outside of the budget', 'positive talks' - all can be interpreted as one thing or another but actually don't mean anything concrete.

Just now, JHRover said:

I'm not suggesting anyone is lying, only that 'hearing' things are 'positive' doesn't mean very much in the scheme of things.

The Telegraph will always adopt a non-committal approach, it has been their routine for years.

'Understood not to be at this stage', 'possibly outside of the budget', 'positive talks' - all can be interpreted as one thing or another but actually don't mean anything concrete.

"Positive talks" sounds more concrete to me than the other two examples you give. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

also prediction that Rhodes would be sold about 4 times. including to teams like Bolton and Wigan. also Venkys would sell up. that was about 4 years ago. 

look at his comments about Dack recently. tell you everything you need to know about Mercer

Its irrelevant what he says, its what he does that matters.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's kind of funny. If Rich Sharpe said things he heard weren't positive it would be seen as gospel on here and panic stations. He says he hears positive things and  it's like "oh well, we can't believe the LT, he didn't speak directly to Mowbray etc etc" 

Tony has madam wrapped around his little finger,  she is also a big fan of Dacky and loves a good Bennett fist pump, ye heard it here first :)

Did Mowbray and Waggott (if latter is married) take their wifes with them? The budget could depend on whether "Madame" takes a liking to them or not. Also have either been spotted with a cat?

On 21/05/2018 at 18:55, Mercer said:

Kevin Moran joined us when he was 34 years old and stayed until he was 38 years old playing some 150 games - an inspirational and influential talisman.

Tony Gale joined Rovers at the age of 35 and was a key figure in the team that won the PL.

Craig Short joined us at 31 years old and we got 6 excellent seasons out of him.

Your thinking seems very muddled and naïve at times.

Short was signed just after relegation and Gale was considered backup. Moran was already at the club before the takeover. Jack quite logically didn't like signing players over/approaching 30 (as Dalglish found out being so petty about Geoff Thomas) but given Gale was a free transfer an exception was made. Berg was signed back for a fee after Jack died but he was a title winner here PLUS Rovers were trying to get promoted. I absolutely believe Jack only sold him to United because he was approaching 30 (and how many other clubs were offering 5 million with Arsenal having an established back 4 and Chelsea paying a lot for Le Saux) and Henchoz was a younger replacement that made sense. Liverpool and Newcastle were not exactly associated with good defending in 97-98 and probably didn't make a bid.

I remember shortly after Jack died that Souness said the club couldn't afford Berg. When the transfer went ahead I assumed it was some ploy to reduce the fee so put my initial worry aside. Of course compared to the later warning signs that was nothing in comparison.

Edited by Vinjay17

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It gets under your skin Chaddy !

You need to chill and relax - whatever you say / post on this MB, no matter how many times you say it, wont make it come true!

You conveniently ignore some of the big stuff I've got right and put that down to wild guessing!

Tell you what - if Rovers spend more than £1.5m net on transfer fees this window, I will donate £100 to a charity PROVIDED you do the same if  Rovers don't spend more £1.5m net on transfer fees this window

If you want the same £100 charity 'bet' on Dack being a Rovers' player when the season kicks off then I'll take it.

Either put up or shut up.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It gets under your skin Chaddy !

You need to chill and relax - whatever you say / post on this MB, no matter how many times you say it, wont make it come true!

You conveniently ignore some of the big stuff I've got right and put that down to wild guessing!

Firstly, im very chill out and relax. Looking forward to the start of the season and Mowbray's signings. 

What stuff have you got right? Please list these. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pomster said:

Chaddy are you taking Mercer up on the £100? we're all waiting. at least it would give LET something to write about

Nope. Not betting with him at all. 

He has no solid on Dack leaving or transfer budget..just more make up rumours by him. He had alot of info and most not true. 

Like how many times has he said Rhodes is leaving. I lost count. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nope. Not betting with him at all. 

He has no solid on Dack leaving or transfer budget..just more make up rumours by him. He had alot of info and most not true. 

Like how many times has he said Rhodes is leaving. I lost count. 

Rhodes did leave though.

He'd be a fool to do that.

I don't know if there is a way he can give a verbal message to satisfy us without showing his hand to potential sellers.

Maybe, we will have to reserve judgement until we see action. I wonder whether there will be enough "action" before the early bird deadline on 16 June..

Won't get fooled again.......well maybe not...

On 21/05/2018 at 18:31, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree with that. If we aren't planning to play Armstrong up front in partnership with another striker anything over £750,000 is a waste of money. He's never going to be a winger in a million years.

No way will Venkys fund transfers to gain us promotion or even get us in the hunt. If TM was asking for that he'd have been sacked already!

He's said he wants us to strengthen here and there, to sign young players from lower leagues with the potential to develop,( like Bell I assume) and for us to get better bit by bit, season by season.

It makes sense on 2 fronts---its the only way forward Venkys will support, and, in the case of Burnley, it has been shown to work.

Whether the fans are willing to hang on and age further while we go through this process I'm not sure!

I'm guessing 1.5 million might well be it. It just sounds right.

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

No way will Venkys fund transfers to gain us promotion or even get us in the hunt. If TM was asking for that he'd have been sacked already!

He's said he wants us to strengthen here and there, to sign young players from lower leagues with the potential to develop,( like Bell I assume) and for us to get better bit by bit, season by season.

It makes sense on 2 fronts---its the only way forward Venkys will support, and, in the case of Burnley, it has been shown to work.

Whether the fans are willing to hang on and age further while we go through this process I'm not sure!

I'm guessing 1.5 million might well be it. It just sounds right.

How much would they need to fund us to gain promotion or get in the hunt do you reckon?