BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

25 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

No. You would

13 minutes ago, Raya4espania said:

Maybe Jal and Mercer could go and prop up a bar somewhere, give us all a break.

What and leave this message board to the fraudsters ?

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What exclusives?????

Haha

Mowbray is very happy here. Loves the club and the fans are very happy with him. 

We are the Rovers

we hate fraudsters !

The actual full interview itself is very positive:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6868591-rovers-head-coach-tony-mowbray-is-back-from-india-following-a-meeting-with-the-club-owners-venkys

Sounds like there’s budget to do a reasonable amount (within reason) to me. Nicko making up some guff once again by the sound of it.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

This interview is very positive for me:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6868591-rovers-head-coach-tony-mowbray-is-back-from-india-following-a-meeting-with-the-club-owners-venkys

Sounds like there’s budget to do a reasonable amount to me.

Good to hear. That's as much as we'll get to know I would have thought.

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The actual full interview itself is very positive:

Sounds like there’s budget to do a reasonable amount (within reason) to me. Nicko making up some guff once again by the sound of it.

He mentions 'substantial enough for quality buys' even if kept within the club's wage structure.

Also got a feeling Arma will be a loan again  rather than a buy. Hunch.

• Like 1

Sounds to me like they’ve offered him exactly what he wanted. That they may even have intimated the possibility of heavier investment which he declined in favour of more organic growth. 

Mercer and Jal have to be on the wind up. After the season we’ve just had and the positive vibe around the club I genuinely don’t know where they find this constant pessimism. There’s nothing reasonable or logical about the negativity imo.

Now i I can relax....

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 3

What a top bloke. He says the right things and on the pitch he has got it right so far. 

Genuienly excited to see who we sign and how the team shapes up this summer. 

Imo without any recruits our squad would finish 15th or higher, so with some decent signings and a little luck, top 10 is doable.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Sounds to me like they’ve offered him exactly what he wanted. That they may even have intimated the possibility of heavier investment which he declined in favour of more organic growth. 

Mercer and Jal have to be on the wind up. After the season we’ve just had and the positive vibe around the club I genuinely don’t know where they find this constant pessimism. There’s nothing reasonable or logical about the negativity imo.

Now i I can relax....

29 minutes ago, Mike E said:

He mentions 'substantial enough for quality buys' even if kept within the club's wage structure.

Also got a feeling Arma will be a loan again  rather than a buy. Hunch.

What's the point of a wage structure when you employ the likes of Samuel for instance.

Just now, imy9 said:

What a top bloke. He says the right things and on the pitch he has got it right so far. 

Genuienly excited to see who we sign and how the team shapes up this summer. 

Imo without any recruits our squad would finish 15th or higher, so with some decent signings and a little luck, top 10 is doable.

Top 10 is doable ? Wow ..absolutely Wow ....a chumpchip top ten... from Imy.

You Venky bastards get out of our club !

Edited by JAL

Just now, JAL said:

You feeling okay JAL you big dingle?

Just now, JAL said:

If you constantly compare us directly to the currently Burnley set up, you are going to be frustrated for a long while yet.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Didnt Mowbray reject an Ipswich approach? 

Don't think they made an approach for Mowbray to reject, there was a slight interest but nothing more.

51 minutes ago, Raya4espania said:

I could be cynical in that a manager would favour an 'organic growth' as that keeps immediate pressure off him. 

Tbf he explains why he favours organic growth. The group trusts him and works for him. He knows the sum of the parts has to outweigh the individuals in order for Rovers to succeed. He said he didn’t want to be disloyal to them and in the circumstances, I agree...

i absolutely trust TM. Anyone who actually knows anything about The Venkys knows they are not frightened to pay the bill. In the past, this nature has been abused and they have been naive. Now they have a manager who genuinely has the clubs best interest at heart. No attempts to feather his own nest and no political persuasion. They’re right to trust TM imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scotchrover said:

Really? Imagine you’re a manger that’s hardly done anything for years. Then, after a great first full season in charge, with your own squad, owners that are ready to spend again, and an adoring crowd, you’re asking to move on? Really? 

For anyone who says Mowbray won’t have any money- I disagree completely. Every manager under Venky’s has had money to spend.  

Net money? Or are you forgetting the sales?

2 hours ago, Raya4espania said:

Sorry Mate, I'm not trying to do that. Just there's pages full of their stuff.

There's pages of Chaddy's stuff as well---more probably than the two you've picked on.. But I don't care because its a MESSAGE BOARD!

24 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Tbf he explains why he favours organic growth. The group trusts him and works for him. He knows the sum of the parts has to outweigh the individuals in order for Rovers to succeed. He said he didn’t want to be disloyal to them and in the circumstances, I agree...

i absolutely trust TM. Anyone who actually knows anything about The Venkys knows they are not frightened to pay the bill. In the past, this nature has been abused and they have been naive. Now they have a manager who genuinely has the clubs best interest at heart. No attempts to feather his own nest and no political persuasion. They’re right to trust TM imo.

I did say 'if' I was being cynical. I'm generally not and trust TM.

I think he's just being smart, keeping expectations realistic. If we were to do what Millwall and Sheff Utd have this past season, all the better.