BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

12 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I'd rather be on a rovers bench with something to prove than stay at Walsall that's for sure. Depends who else is in for him I suppose

Yeah that's true. Interested to see where he ends up. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nottingham Forest, Hull City and Sunderland are among a number of clubs lining up a move for Scunthorpe United's highly-rated winger Hakeeb Adelakun. #NFFC #hcafc #safc #scunthorpeunitedfc https://t.co/1M0TcB279c

Has HITC sport ever got anything right? Thought it was fake news central myself. 

• Like 2

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Out of hull Forrest us and Sunderland and without the bias surley rovers is the better option that's if we are in for him at All

Davenport seems to be picking up legs though seen his name around Facebook and Twitter since Tom mentioned him 

Whoever pays the highest wage and signing on fee is the better option to a footballer with no emotional ties. Especially at this level

• Like 3

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Out of hull Forrest us and Sunderland and without the bias surley rovers is the better option that's if we are in for him at All

Davenport seems to be picking up legs though seen his name around Facebook and Twitter since Tom mentioned him 

That’s because it will have been lifted directly from here and posted onto Facebook/Twitter to start the rumour off. 

18 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Otzumer was poor in both games against us to be honest, don't get the hype at all 

But made team of the year - we just dealt with him. A diamond in a sea of sand.

2 hours ago, Butty said:

Very technically gifted and for me if utilised properly behind the striker in a number 10 role he'd be more than good enough to play at championship level. Saying that, we've got Dack so would Oztumer want to come and play second fiddle? Probably not. 

I think he can play left as well behind the three - so not necessarily second fiddle.

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Whoever pays the highest wage and signing on fee is the better option to a footballer with no emotional ties. Especially at this level

Too right ...they who pays wins.

Mowbray during his Radio Lancs interview he mentions that he wants 4 or 5 signings this summer. Whether that permanent signings with loans players on top I dont know. Going to listening to the interview again

He also mention about giving the current squad a chance this season. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

I think he can play left as well behind the three - so not necessarily second fiddle.

I think he would have to be played centrally to get the best out of him, especially with the step up to championship football. If we are looking for wingers I'd personally like someone who out and out plays out there rather than someone who "can play" there especially seen as our budget won't be massive this summer. That lad from Scunthorpe looks decent, if Rotherham don't go up I'd be all over Jon Taylor. Similar style of player to Chapman. 

4 minutes ago, JAL said:

Good grief !

What on earth would you know. 

Help !

Don't think Chaddy said much wrong there JAL. Grabban it has been reported is on fortunes, there's no chance we'd afford his wages. Unsure on McNair though so can't say much on him. Armstrong did enough to earn a perm deal, provided it won't cost us to much. Sacko and the Scunthorpe lad are pacy and would give us something different so cut the guy a bit of slack? By all means call him out when he says something ridiculous but there's no need to be such an arse when he's not said anything wrong there. Grow up Dingle.

• Like 2

Just now, Butty said:

I think he would have to be played centrally to get the best out of him, especially with the step up to championship football. If we are looking for wingers I'd personally like someone who out and out plays out there rather than someone who "can play" there especially seen as our budget won't be massive this summer. That lad from Scunthorpe looks decent, if Rotherham don't go up I'd be all over Jon Taylor. Similar style of player to Chapman. 

If your going to give them a several year contract can they play premiership football or at least good enough to play premiership football.

13 minutes ago, JAL said:

If your going to give them a several year contract can they play premiership football or at least good enough to play premiership football.

Jesus lower your expectations man. We are a championship club with limited resources. Be realistic. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAL said:

Historically promoted clubs don't find it too difficult to sell on the players that got them promoted. Hell, we bought a few (Evans etc.) on the grounds of 'they know how to win promotion' - so it doesn't really matter. We're in the championship for the moment, if they're good enough to win at this level then great, but if it turns out they're not up to premiership standards then flog em and replace em when we get there.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16248729.Steve_Waggott_provides_updates_on_Rovers_contract_talks/

Im REALLY interested to see how some will put a negative slant on this...?

That wouldn’t be too difficult seeing as a lot of people would rather not waste any money on Conway....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Im REALLY interested to see how some will put a negative slant on this...?

Really? We’re reigning world champions at it! With good reason in recent times and all that. I’d be amazed if the club release any statement at all and someone doesn’t find a negative. 

Slightly off topic. What was it that the late Jimmy Armfield once said? Something like “They don’t have a support - they have a jury” 

9 hours ago, Butty said:

I think “wide forwards” is the more modern way of at looking at it, the out and out winger has been a little old hat for a while.

It’s how we played last season, and how Man City and Liverpool have been so effective.

That said the players ideally need pace and trickery which we do lack.

7 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I think “wide forwards” is the more modern way of at looking at it, the out and out winger has been a little old hat for a while.

It’s how we played last season, and how Man City and Liverpool have been so effective.

Who would you rather have - Armstrong ( a wide forward ?  ) or a fully fit Chapman ( an out and out winger ) ?   I know who I'd chose out of those two.  There's a lot of rubbish talked about modern football , the game hasn't changed that much over the years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom said:

That wouldn’t be too difficult seeing as a lot of people would rather not waste any money on Conway....

We dont know how much hes on or what type of contract it is?

31 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Conway shouldn’t be signing a new contract full stop. It would a be a purely sentimental decision which is never a good idea.

What sentimental?

Conway has loads of championship experience and knowledge. Why would you let go? 

25 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Very true there. Cant disagree there. 

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Who would you rather have - Armstrong ( a wide forward ?  ) or a fully fit Chapman ( an out and out winger ) ?   I know who I'd chose out of those two.  There's a lot of rubbish talked about modern football , the game hasn't changed that much over the years.

The game hasnt change much? Really. 

It change from tactics, formation, fitness, tackling, defending,