BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

I would definitely take Nsiala as a 3rd choice CB 2nd choice RB. Sadler and Beckles look dodgy as, yet he was rock solid anyway. Plus he is 6ft 3" and 26 years old with 1 year to go on his contract, perhaps a bid in the £400-800k range would get him???

Is he younger and better than Ward? Yes.

Is he younger and better than Caddis? Yes.

Is he younger and better than Downing? Yes. (IMO)

Does he have a cool sounding name? Yes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not for me. Doubt we sign Nolan aswell if we sign Davenport permanently. 

Who knows Tyrone. 

Mowbray on holiday this week I believe. So dont expect any signings in the next 10 days. He already said he spoken to some agents and players. 

I dont expect Wolves type spending but sensible spending and signings. Players who fit into the squad both talent wise, money wise and attitude wise. 

That wish list added up to £6.5 million. I'd be amazed if we have half of that to spend half.

22 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I would definitely take Nsiala as a 3rd choice CB 2nd choice RB. Sadler and Beckles look dodgy as, yet he was rock solid anyway. Plus he is 6ft 3" and 26 years old with 1 year to go on his contract, perhaps a bid in the £400-800k range would get him???

Is he younger and better than Ward? Yes.

Is he younger and better than Caddis? Yes.

Is he younger and better than Downing? Yes. (IMO)

Does he have a cool sounding name? Yes.

I would agree with Nsaia but not Nolan ,,,,

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That wish list added up to £6.5 million. I'd be amazed if we have half of that to spend half.

That will be middle of the pack championship spending this transfer window, which is the impression I got from Mowbrays and Wagotts post trip comments. Slightly ambitious but the right age of these players cost money, Mowbray will have sold them on resell value, whilst also giving us a shot at top half/playoffs.

If they are only planning on spending 1-2m, expect another relegation battle I’m afraid.

The Venkys have been pouring money into the club for a long time, by all accounts the finances have leveled off, and we have cleaned house. Maybe just maybe they could stretch a meager “speculate to accumulate” transfer budget of 6.5m. 

I’m aware this type of optimism/hope is discouraged on the this forum.

Edited by Fraserkirky

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Bristol papers. Rovers, Bolton and Wigan linked with Frank Fielding . The rovers ex goalie. 

I'd be ok with that I think although whenever I see Rovers, Bolton and Wigan linked with the same player it troubles me.

He was a good little keeper though but was way down the pecking order when last here, had a decent career though so he'd be very useful if he's still fit.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Is that not an example of the infamous agent planted story -  the ‘rule of 3’ ?

That's what i'm thinking when I see the names Blackburn, Wigan, Bolton.

I also know which mobs i'm thinking of ?

Whilst I like the idea of competition for raya I'd rather it come from someone coming to the end of his career who can also help him as well. Think he's the hottest prospect at the club and I don't want him to lose his place and confidence. I personally wouldn't swap him for karius. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It doesnt matter how much we spend as long they are quality signings. 

I trust Mowbray to make the right signings  

8 hours ago, mrssusan said:

Whilst I like the idea of competition for raya I'd rather it come from someone coming to the end of his career who can also help him as well. Think he's the hottest prospect at the club and I don't want him to lose his place and confidence. I personally wouldn't swap him for karius. 

Fielding is 30 so while possibly not too close to the end of his career, he could still pass on something to Raya I feel.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It doesnt matter how much we spend as long they are quality signings. 

I trust Mowbray to make the right signings  

So it doesn't matter if Mowbray has a pound to spend or a 100 million?

Of course it matters how much we have to spend...much more likely to bring in quality with money than shopping in the bargain bin

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Of course it matters how much we have to spend...much more likely to bring in quality with money than shopping in the bargain bin

I believe Mowbray will bring in quality players regarding of how much he got to spend. He knows his stuff and I back him 100% to do the right thing

Bargain bin? how we even shop in that bin under Mowbray. Mowbray sounds from his interviews that he is very happy with the budget and happy to work within that. He already met some players and agents. 

Just now, Biz said:

Nsiala constantly looks on the brink of a red card for me, certainly think he looks a good prospect but I think he is very raw.

not impressed by him yesterday and doesn't strike me as a Mowbray type of player. 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Madame: How much do you need, Tony love, to give it a right good go next season.

Tony: Doesn't matter to me, pet

Madame: Excellent. Goodbye.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray sounds from his interviews that he is very happy with the budget

Exactly, so it does matter how much he has to spend. If he isn't happy he hasn't been given enough. Ergo, it matters how much he has to spend. You know this though. You just like to Troll. Very sad.

10 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I remember watching Bell play for Fleetwood against Leicester before he signed for us, and he was the worst player on the pitch - constantly giving the ball away, looking lethargic, etc. From the cameo appearances Bell has made since joining us, he looks the part, so there's a little lesson to be learned from that. If our scouts have seen Nsiala enough times to think he's worth signing, then there must be something about him.

Is there anything to suggest Mowbray is interest in Nsiala?

Asked if anyone at Stoke mentioning Lenihan now that Rowett's gone there. Not yet but of course he's only just taken the job. I guess it depends because what his former club needed isn't essentially what Stoke might need.

Edited by Vinjay17