BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fifa? Blimey havent played the game in years. Being 33 years old, I'm abit too old for playing computer games and spent my spare time watching Rovers and football plus spending time with my missus, kids, family and friends. 

I would be happy with Lenihan and Mulgrew as the back 2 or part back 3. We didnt go dowm cos of those 2 but of a certain manager and his crap tactics. 

I would look at Liam Linsday from Barnsley. Good centre back who fits Mowbray comments the age bracket he looking at

Fair enough. Thanks for that.

Can you explain what you like so much about him? 

Shame but good luck to him if he gets his move. 

Liam Lindsay is a cracking shout, player of the year at Barnsley since signing from Partick last summer, but did you not say after the Motherwell game to @Dryhorse you didn’t want any SPL/Scottish players?

• Like 1

Rovers want to move quickly with summer recruitment drive

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16256269.Rovers_want_to_move_quickly_with_summer_recruitment_drive/

From the article above

Rovers have been linked with Nottingham Forest midfielder Ben Osborn and out-of-contract Walsall man Erhun Oztumer but neither players is on the club’s radar at this stage.

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Liam Lindsay is a cracking shout, player of the year at Barnsley since signing from Partick last summer, but did you not say after the Motherwell game to @Dryhorse you didn’t want any SPL/Scottish players?

Said most Scottish players arent good enough for championship standard of football. And stand by that. 

But yes you find a good player and that will develop into a very good player. 

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

His legs have gone, get over it. Certain players can play on when they hit the wall because they have other strings to their bow. He relied on mobility, now that's gone he's just a passenger.

He relied on mobility? Cutting analysis there. He is the definition of a player who who relied on "other strings in his bow" to succeed. 

His legs were fine at Cardiff, so what, they just went the minute he signed his contract here? 

Anyway, let's leave it at that. Actions speak louder than words, so let's see how things go. 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fifa? Blimey havent played the game in years. Being 33 years old, I'm abit too old for playing computer games and spent my spare time watching Rovers and football plus spending time with my missus, kids, family and friends. 

I would be happy with Lenihan and Mulgrew as the back 2 or part back 3. We didnt go dowm cos of those 2 but of a certain manager and his crap tactics. 

I would look at Liam Linsday from Barnsley. Good centre back who fits Mowbray comments the age bracket he looking at

Fair enough. Thanks for that.

Can you explain what you like so much about him? 

Shame but good luck to him if he gets his move. 

I remember being a big unit good feet dominated Smallwood (haven't said that many times this year) got around the pitch ,  and the fact that he stood out in a team that we beat 4-1 tells me he's was better than those around him , course I could be wrong and that might have been his only good game last year ... The next Herald Goulon 

Edited by AJW

49 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He relied on mobility? Cutting analysis there. He is the definition of a player who who relied on "other strings in his bow" to succeed. 

His legs were fine at Cardiff, so what, they just went the minute he signed his contract here? 

Anyway, let's leave it at that. Actions speak louder than words, so let's see how things go. 

That's what happens to some players, when you get to that age.  It can happen really quickly. You find instead of moving smoothly onto the ball you're sort of reaching out for it and the automatic control of the ball becomes much more difficult. That was my experience anyway.

I was reading the autobiography of an ex - England international a year or two back and he reckoned he hit that wall over a period of a few weeks when he was in his thirties. One week he was his old self and the next week he'd lost it at the level he was playing at.

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

was reading the autobiography of an ex - England international a year or two back and he reckoned he hit that wall over a period of a few weeks when he was in his thirties. One week he was his old self and the next week he'd lost it at the level he was playing at.

I would think to deteriorate at that rate alot of it would have to be mental but I've never been in that position so wouldn't know

15 hours ago, LDRover said:

And he's a rovers fan believe it or not.

That;s the main reason I brought it up to be honest!

15 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How many positions do you think he can play in then ?  He can't play out wide or up front because he's not quick enough. He wasn't quick enough when he was here in the first place that's why we let him go. He may be great in goal but I can't see him playing in any other position other than the one he plays for Preston. A play maker. We'd need to regrass the centre circle because he'd wear it out. If he wasn't a Blackburn lad we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Leave well alone.

I was thinking as a number 10, or depending on the system deeper in midfield like he did at Ewood a couple of years back. Agree that his days as an out and out striker are well behind him, but could still do a job out wide if needed, right or left.

I'm not saying we should go out and break the bank for him or make him integral to the side, but he'd still be a useful and pretty versatile squad player imo.

33 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16256237.Where_will_Rovers_look_to_strengthen_in_the_transfer_window_/?ref=mac

A keeper, CM, wingers and a striker...and pace. Edwards and Fielding mentioned.

*Repeat linking of the above link is a criminal offence.

Careful blueboy. I think Chaddy feels its his right to post links. Ok 'pal' ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's what happens to some players, when you get to that age.  It can happen really quickly. You find instead of moving smoothly onto the ball you're sort of reaching out for it and the automatic control of the ball becomes much more difficult. That was my experience anyway.

I was reading the autobiography of an ex - England international a year or two back and he reckoned he hit that wall over a period of a few weeks when he was in his thirties. One week he was his old self and the next week he'd lost it at the level he was playing at.

I remember returning for pre-season training when I was 28. All of sudden, my legs had lost their "spring" and although the speed as a winger was still there, taking on full backs and getting past defenders was so much more difficult. I changed my game in my late 20s and early 30s, moved inside more as a No 10, and enjoyed it alot more (and scored more goals). I also learnt how to play with my back to goal. Conway still plays as an out-and-out winger at 32-33, which is hard, although Ribery at Bayern is playing better than ever at 35 and has lost none of his pace. He was the best player on the field against Real Madrid in the CL semis.  I don't know how he does it to be honest. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He just needs to train harder! 

Ah no, I take your points, but I read Gary Mcallisters autobiography and he said when he joined Liverpool at 36 he got into the best shape of his career almost. Times have changed, but decline at 33 isn't inevitable. Personally , I have noticed my 5 a side game improve drastically ;)

Or in Nicko land

"One of the following 10 clubs i'm going to link him with this summer might sign this lad, but they might not because he might go somewhere else or stay where he is' ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

QPR, Blackburn, Charlton, Bradford, Burton and Fleetwood eye Stevenage striker Danny Newton. #StevenageFC #QPR #Rovers #cafc #bcafc #bafc #FTFC https://t.co/Z59qvPHOWy

I live in Tamworth now and this lad was playing for them 12 months ago in the 6th tier of English football. Avoid. By the way PAL back on form posting the inks first.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Or in Nicko land

"One of the following 10 clubs i'm going to link him with this summer might sign this lad, but they might not because he might go somewhere else or stay where he is' ?

This player may go to your club. To find out the player and the club, click here. You sucker! 

34 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah the old 6 club rule :) When the 3 club rule simply won't fool enough fans into clicking on your link

Firstly not my info. 

Source Pete O'Rourke who got alot of our transfers links/info right last summer/winter. 

Just now, JayDee said:

I live in Tamworth now and this lad was playing for them 12 months ago in the 6th tier of English football. Avoid. By the way PAL back on form posting the inks first.

Do you rate him? Can you tell me what type of striker he is? Target man or a pacey striker?

Thanks in advance

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly not my info. 

Source Pete O'Rourke who got alot of our transfers links/info right last summer/winter. 

Do you rate him? Can you tell me what type of striker he is? Target man or a pacey striker?

Thanks in advance

The link you posted was to the HITC website by a "journalist" called John August

Edited by Bigdoggsteel