BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This player may go to your club. To find out the player and the club, click here. You sucker! 

Thanks for clicking, it appears you're a Blackburn Rovers supporter therefore you are now blocked !

regards

A . Nixon

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He just needs to train harder! 

Speaking from experience, training harder as you get older is not the solution and is more likely to lead to injury. In order to sustain a playing career at any level it is important to train better, avoiding the hard, heavy stuff that just makes you legs feel like lead, and concentrating more on quality of training. A good diet is vital too; you don;t get away with eating badly in your 30s like you did when you were 21. Lots of rest too, not always easy when you have a young family. Kenny Dalglish's daughter said her dad's routine after a morning's training would be to go bed in afternoon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ruggles1995 said:

I REALLY hope not. Hes dog Sh!!!!!!!te

He can’t be been that bad, can he? He spent most of last season in a decent Bristol City side, who were in the top 6 for a lot of it. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly not my info. 

Source Pete O'Rourke who got alot of our transfers links/info right last summer/winter. 

Do you rate him? Can you tell me what type of striker he is? Target man or a pacey striker?

Thanks in advance

Honestly no I can't tell you much about him. I can tell you Tamworth are awful so that says a lot imo

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Cant see him coming to be back up, he starts where he is, so where would this leave Raya?

Maybe we are worried about a bid coming in for Raya and need proper cover and not just an international day off card.

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cant see him coming to be back up, he starts where he is, so where would this leave Raya?

But dont Bristol City want to overhaul the goalkeeper department according to media reports? Plus also supposedly his missus/family want to move back to North West area? 

Honestly I don't think Raya is up to championship standard yet

He is very good at reflex saves but in my opinion his decision making is poor and requires improvement, which you would expect from a keeper his age.  He is also short for a goalkeeper and struggles to dominate the box and his kicking is quite frankly a liability; although again this could improve with time.

Leutwiler was obviously only brought in to ensure we didn’t play on international weekends.

Fielding is an established Championship keeper and it keeps a talented, yet still a little raw keeper on his toes -  a Blackburner too!

Would be a canny signing.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

I wouldn't object to this per se, though GK changes would not be a priority for me so the finances would need to make sense, esp if he's our first signing of the summer. Don't want a sizeable chunk of our budget squandered on a non-priority signing. I guess if it happened Leutweiler would be listed & Fisher sent on loan to L2. Everyone would think they could win, with Raya & Fielding confident of ousting each other, Leut moving somewhere he's more appreciated & Fisher getting valuable first team experience.

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Leutwiler was obviously only brought in to ensure we didn’t play on international weekends.

Fielding is an established Championship keeper and it keeps a talented, yet still a little raw keeper on his toes -  a Blackburner too!

Would be a canny signing.

This - said all along this was so we did not have to play without Mulgrew..and in a small part...Evans.

Quite smart in the end from TM, why should we without a key member of our squad, especially in a position so important?

1 hour ago, iSeeRed said:

Honestly I don't think Raya is up to championship standard yet

He is very good at reflex saves but in my opinion his decision making is poor and requires improvement, which you would expect from a keeper his age.  He is also short for a goalkeeper and struggles to dominate the box and his kicking is quite frankly a liability; although again this could improve with time.

I understand why you would say that but he's at that point in his career now with the experience he has where he simply has to play. It's sink or swim time for David . It's going to be a defining season for him with rovers next year. He's either got it or he ain't. After an early wobble he certainly deserves to be our number 1 come August with some of the performances he put in. That save at Peterborough was friedelesque (  that is a word. It's in the dictionary)

7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I understand why you would say that but he's at that point in his career now with the experience he has where he simply has to play. It's sink or swim time for David . It's going to be a defining season for him with rovers next year. He's either got it or he ain't. After an early wobble he certainly deserves to be our number 1 come August with some of the performances he put in. That save at Peterborough was friedelesque (  that is a word. It's in the dictionary)

Still so very young though, not sure its sink or swim. Keepers do not mature until much older and I  can understand upping the level of competition he has right now, he needs to be challenged to perform. He has come on leaps and bounds this season but still has his weaknesses and will be coming up against MUCH better players and teams this time around.

The Canadian was nothing but league manipulation ;)

Raya is very good keeper imo and not far short of developing into an outstanding one. Fielding would undoubtedly be an upgrade on Leutwiler and if he is happy to come just to sit on the bench fair enough but I doubt that and overall it seems a very strange move to me, I'd have thought we had other areas that were a far greater priority.

• Like 2

Speaking of local lads I'm still gutted we didn't bring Derbyshire back when he was available 2 years ago, bloody Coyle. Had we got Derbyshire in instead of Stokes we might have even stayed up. Not that Derbyshire is the messiah but I've always been a fan of him, he'd have scored a shed load this season anyway. 32 now though, shame. 

• Like 1