BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

6 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Wouldn't be unhappy with this at all, if his form from last year continues he will struggle with the step-up to the Championship imo 

He's just got an International call-up based on his form last year. He was POTY when we were last in the Championship. I've never understood the criticism of Del. He's solid enough as a defender and half decent going forward.

• Like 7

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

He's just got an International call-up based on his form last year. He was POTY when we were last in the Championship. I've never understood the criticism of Del. He's solid enough as a defender and half decent going forward.

I agree with that 100%. What is going on? :)

We have 2 solid left backs now, one of whom is a full international and can cover at center back also, the other in the League 1 team of the year. Many teams would be delighted with that. Yet some on here are saying we should sell Williams for a million. Crazy stuff 

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have 2 solid left backs now, one of whom is a full international and can cover at center back also, the other in the League 1 team of the year. Many teams would be delighted with that. Yet some on here are saying we should sell Williams for a million. Crazy stuff 

Not like you to defend an Irish mon Bigdog ?

For the record I'm quite comfortable with Williams staying he's steady enough defensively and he's only 25 however there must've been good reason to shell out for Bell and TMs reluctance to play him in his best position looks to me like he was a one for the future signing.

This could well explain it IF there is anything in it of course but a million or more for him is good money let's be honest.

• Like 1

If we get a million for Williams sell him now. There's hundreds of better left backs than Mr Cut Inside. We would only need half of that to find a better replacement than him and put the other 500k to another position.

Stupid, nasty and unnecessary comment 

Hardly. The boy simply isn't a good footballer and hasn't been part of a good defence since he came. Compare our defence last season to Wigans. We'll be cut apart if we defend like that in this league. The season before we were shocking defensively. He may have got POTY (how I don't know) but he was part of the worst defence Rovers has seen in decades.

I fail to see what he offers that another left back can't. A million quid is a huge sum of money for him and if we turned it down we'd be foolish.

On that basis, good riddance and cheers for the two years + a million. Presuming he goes that is.

• Like 2

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

If we get a million for Williams sell him now. There's hundreds of better left backs than Mr Cut Inside. We would only need half of that to find a better replacement than him and put the other 500k to another position.

Hardly. The boy simply isn't a good footballer and hasn't been part of a good defence since he came. Compare our defence last season to Wigans. We'll be cut apart if we defend like that in this league. The season before we were shocking defensively. He may have got POTY (how I don't know) but he was part of the worst defence Rovers has seen in decades.

I fail to see what he offers that another left back can't. A million quid is a huge sum of money for him and if we turned it down we'd be foolish.

On that basis, good riddance and cheers for the two years + a million. Presuming he goes that is.

Name 1 of those hundreds we could sign for £500,000

Just now, tomphil said:

Not like you to defend an Irish mon Bigdog ?

For the record I'm quite comfortable with Williams staying he's steady enough defensively and he's only 25 however there must've been good reason to shell out for Bell and TMs reluctance to play him in his best position looks to me like he was a one for the future signing.

This could well explain it IF there is anything in it of course but a million or more for him is good money let's be honest.

I stand up for everyone who deserves it :) Actually, the Irish way is to be critical of our own. Have you ever heard an Irish person speak about Bono ?

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray seems to be very honest with his players, maybe he's told him that Bell is his man at left back next season and with Williams now on the international scene and wanting more caps, maybe Mowbray has agreed he can go.

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

I'm probably having a brain fart, but if Bell gets knobbled would the elusive Hart be the replacement?

I understood we have a couple of good young left backs coming into the reckoning. I'm ambivalent about Williams, he's not Championship standard in any position.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I understood we have a couple of good young left backs coming into the reckoning. I'm ambivalent about Williams, he's not Championship standard in any position.

Everyone's forgetting that Jack Doyle is far greater than Sam Hart. Jack Doyle would be fantastic cover for Bell

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

What's Anthony Pilkingtons situation? Just seen a car outside Ewood with regards 'APilky' in it.. picture won't upload 

Yes please!

I do think that Williams gets a bit of a harsh deal on here. Is he a world class marauding full back no but he is solid defensively & gets a few assists. However if we did get a good offer for him it would certainly be worth considering as we have a ready made replacement in Bell.