BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

I'm sure I read something yesterday about Josh King (a tweet I think) saying he's not happy with the way his manager played him last season,

that could alert a few clubs, I'm pretty sure the bidding would start around £20m, if he does want out of Bournemouth.

There would be a nice little pick-up for us out of that, wouldn't there ?

15% say = £3m.

I was hoping Fulham would lose the play-offs too, as Cairney would surely have been away from Craven Cottage.

36 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Here's an article about it.

Josh King takes aim at Eddie Howe to throw Bournemouth future into doubt (Lawrence Ostlere, The Independent)

Scored 16 goals the previous season in a striker's role, and then gets moved into attacking midfield. That's just bizarre. If there's a disagreement between him and Howe, which sounds like there is if he's gone public, then he'll be off. You don't speak out publicly against your boss unless the relationship has broken down.

I also reckon King might have been frustrated with the World Cup coming up. If he'd kept up his form of the previous season, he may well have been going to Russia.

Ah Josh King, the striker playing in the PL but couldnt get into a team ahead of Rhodes and Gestede in the Championship...funny how things work out. Now he could be going for 20+.

Lets also hope Cairney does well up there and secures a big move.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

My mistake! Had it in my head he's an England boy. ?

To be fair, neither of his names are names you'd normally associate with Norway.....

3 hours ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

What's Anthony Pilkingtons situation? Just seen a car outside Ewood with the reg playe 'APilky' .. picture won't upload 

Pilkington would be a good signing. 

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Everyone's forgetting that Jack Doyle is far greater than Sam Hart. Jack Doyle would be fantastic cover for Bell

How has Doyle played on loan? 2 years he looking good but seems to gone nowhere since then

41 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

That is brilliant work!! 

how's he worked that out, am I being thick? If it's a private reg then you couldn't work it out could you? As the letters and numbers will be irrelevant

Edited by AAK

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/anthony-pilkington/profil/spieler/67322

Year left on his contract, doubt he'll be playing much in the Prem, plays in the position we need players for and fits the profile of 'experienced Championship players' that was stated by either Waggot or Mowbray t'other week, from Blackburn. Fits the bill.

Rich Sharpe will deny it tomorrow in the LT!

Mm, Conway or Pilkington, give me a second to choose.

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Ah Josh King, the striker playing in the PL but couldnt get into a team ahead of Rhodes and Gestede in the Championship...funny how things work out. Now he could be going for 20+.

Lets also hope Cairney does well up there and secures a big move.

King wasn't good enough for Rovers at the time. The potential was there, obviously, but he was raw and inconsistent and didn't warrant being picked ahead of those two. His skills and his game needed time to mature at another club and Bournemouth was the perfect place for him.

• Like 2

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Pilkington has the same agent as Graham, Benno, Travis and Bell. Could be about to take over the squad. Harry Kane is on their books too. Cheeky bid??? 

Sam and Curtis had a similar partnership. Usually makes it easier to negotiate when dealing with a show string budget as same agent will by into it more

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

King wasn't good enough for Rovers at the time. The potential was there, obviously, but he was raw and inconsistent and didn't warrant being picked ahead of those two. His skills and his game needed time to mature at another club and Bournemouth was the perfect place for him.

They plucked him from us after getting promoted and he has pretty much been a regular since then. So not good enough for us in the Championship but good enough to be a regular starter just a few months later int he PL?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

They plucked him from us after getting promoted and he has pretty much been a regular since then. So not good enough for us in the Championship but good enough to be a regular starter just a few months later int he PL?

Not good enough for a cagey, overly  defence-minded Gary Bowyer side, with more than enough quality and firepower for the play offs.

• Like 2

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

King was pretty mediocre or injured when he played for us. He probably responded to Eddie Howe and his coaches better than ours, just like Mark Hughes could get Craig Bellamy to perform.

I dont think he ever had a consistent run of games - not up top at least. When he did play he played well i thought. He had the pace and ability to cause problems. I just think he did not suit GBs style and was therefore forfeited more often than not. Still to this day I would have liked to have seen a Gestede/King partnership persevered with. 

40 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I hate posts like this, confirmed by who...?

It really doesn't matter who but what is important is that it isn't him. If people want to get excited and speculate about a car registration (which I have been told isn't even his) parked at Ewood that's up to them.