BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

They plucked him from us after getting promoted and he has pretty much been a regular since then. So not good enough for us in the Championship but good enough to be a regular starter just a few months later int he PL?

There's a lot of sentimental revisionist rubbish being spoken about King now he unexpectedly had one outstanding season in the Premier League.

He didn't get in our side up front because we had two guys in there who scored 41 goals in a Season. When he had the chance to impress from a wider position he invariably stank the place out and only decided to put a bit of a shift in when he was looking to put himself in the shop window during the FA Cup games.

Seems history is now repeating itself at Bournemouth, he's been asked to play in a slightly different position, his form has tailed off and the dummy has come out of the pram.

• Like 3

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

There's a lot of sentimental revisionist rubbish being spoken about King now he unexpectedly had one outstanding season in the Premier League.

He didn't get in our side up front because we had two guys in there who scored 41 goals in a Season. When he had the chance to impress from a wider position he invariably stank the place out and only decided to put a bit of a shift in when he was looking to put himself in the shop window during the FA Cup games.

Seems history is now repeating itself at Bournemouth, he's been asked to play in a slightly different position, his form has tailed off and the dummy has come out of the pram.

He has a 1 in 3 record across three seasons now in the PLfor a bottom of the table team - bit different to one outstanding season? Might suggest why others are willing to throw 20 mil at him. 

During those FA cup games he invariably showed what he could do in a forward role and was never given a chance in the league - shunted out wide. Its quite obvious he plays better up front so why the hate because he aint much cop as a winger? Stick Rhodes on the wing and see what he can do.

• Like 2

A few years ago now, but for me King's real value shone in that last few months in the season we almost got into the play offs under Bowyer.

Rhodes & Rudy up front, with King & Conway on the wings. There were certain times when teams just didn't know who to mark or double up on.

In that run we played Brum away and King scored a hattrick in about 20 first half minutes from midfield if I remember correctly. Absolutely unplayable.

All in hindsight now of course, but looking back on it it definitely was a mistake not to get him in the side somehow, either as a partner for one of our goalscorers or in place of Marshall (or Conway). Horribly frustrating player, but I've not seen any Rovers player terrorise defenders like that in years.

• Like 2

King has always been highly rated here in Norway as having the potential to become a top player. Injuries and probably appetite and attitude has partly hindered his progress. Think he was close to sign a new contract here when he went to Bmouth (it was even reported here in Norway that he had), but I think his performances in the FA cup turned Bmouth onto him. Had he stayed he would probably be given a fair chance at his preferred position as striker and story might be have been different. Eddie Howe worked wonders with him and he has matured greatly as player also in the national team. He can be unplayable at times but it look like his attitude is back again to haunt him. Don't care much for going public against a great manager like Howe who really has ressurected his career. 

Mowbray would do well to track down a similar young player with raw potential and turn him into a gem.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Chapman

Fair, and I susppose Hoillett at his best had games where you were just certain he was going to get past players and keep the ball.

Even so, there were times when King looked imperius at this level. Underplaying him was a massive own goal.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It really doesn't matter who but what is important is that it isn't him. If people want to get excited and speculate about a car registration (which I have been told isn't even his) parked at Ewood that's up to them.

of course it does matter if you are claiming it wasn't him

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

of course it does matter if you are claiming it wasn't him

It doesn't matter at all if you don't believe what I'm saying but it's true. If your trying to find out how I know you will have to be smarter.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

It doesn't matter at all if you don't believe what I'm saying but it's true. If your trying to find out how I know you will have to be smarter.

I'm not assed tbh arbitro anymore. 

if that's response then fine. I aint playing games with you

30 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

He has a 1 in 3 record across three seasons now in the PLfor a bottom of the table team - bit different to one outstanding season? Might suggest why others are willing to throw 20 mil at him. 

During those FA cup games he invariably showed what he could do in a forward role and was never given a chance in the league - shunted out wide. Its quite obvious he plays better up front so why the hate because he aint much cop as a winger? Stick Rhodes on the wing and see what he can do.

There was nothing to suggest during King's time here he'd be significantly better up front. When he played wide for us he couldn't hit the proverbial cow's backside with a banjo.The FA Cup games were right towards the end of his time here and he'd obviously made up his mind to move by then.

Maybe Howe shouldn't have moved him from up top but many players would get their heads down and do a job wherever they were asked to play. King obviously isn't one of those type of players

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

There was nothing to suggest during King's time here he'd be significantly better up front. When he played wide for us he couldn't hit the proverbial cow's backside with a banjo.The FA Cup games were right towards the end of his time here and he'd obviously made up his mind to move by then.

Maybe Howe shouldn't have moved him from up top but many players would get their heads down and do a job wherever they were asked to play. King obviously isn't one of those type of players

Would Gestede or Rhodes have done any better on the wing?

There was something to suggest he was better up front as when he did play there during the cup games, he got the goals and looked the part. You say its because he wanted a move - I say its because iits his natural position and was finally played in his best position. Players with a bit of pace often get shunted out wide but pace alone does not make a winger.

Yes he was unfortunate to have Rhodes and Gestede banging them in and was obviously shoehorned into another position but it is plain to see that Howe saw something that Bowyer didnt - hence snapping him up and immediately putting him into a starting PL 11.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He might have only had 1 outstanding season but he has been premier league quality since he joined Bournemouth. 

The majority of the times King played as a front man we looked a better side imo.

I don't blame Bowyer tho as he had to.play Rhodes and Gestede was undroppable at time.

IMO a Gestede king partnership playing all season would have destroyed the championship 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It really doesn't matter who but what is important is that it isn't him. If people want to get excited and speculate about a car registration (which I have been told isn't even his) parked at Ewood that's up to them.

So you have heard that it isn’t his car? That’s not what your first post sounds like.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Pilkington is from Darwen, as is arbito.

I imagine it was fairly easy for him to find that out, especially considering he reffed for a long time. 

Come on chaddy lad!

Then say ‘I know for a fact that the car isn’t his’ instead of making it sound like Pilkington himself has confirmed that it isn’t his car on Twitter or something.

4 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Then say ‘I know for a fact that the car isn’t his’ instead of making it sound like Pilkington himself has confirmed that it isn’t his car on Twitter or something.

Strewth.......I think people need some football to talk about badly. Roll on the World Cup!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Just leave it alone. Not worth it. If people dont want to tell the full story dont know ppl post it

6 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I didn't say that.

I have put a rumour to bed that was in danger of getting out of control. I think next time I will just let it.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Just leave it alone. Not worth it. If people dont want to tell the full story dont know ppl post it

When you post a Nixon article do you ask him where his information came from? 

I really don't understand the desire to find out who told me.

• Like 4

What will be will be boys. I expect movement on TM's return from holiday. Meanwhile just take rumours and gossip as just that. Under the current regime I don't expect to hear anything until the players have signed. 

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I didn't say that.

I have put a rumour to bed that was in danger of getting out of control. I think next time I will just let it.

Haha no you didn’t. When I saw your post, I checked on twitter etc. to see if it had actually been confirmed (it hadn’t), so it was clear that either you knew it wasn’t true or you had made a mistake saying that it had been confirmed. If you had just said that it wasn’t his car you wouldn’t have had to clarify if you actually knew or you were mistaken. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

When you post a Nixon article do you ask him where his information came from? 

I really don't understand the desire to find out who told me.

Well well like i didnt expect that..

If you actually look into Nixon and some others reporters like Pete O'Rourke or David Anderson dont answer questions anymore from Fans. 

I posted any links to signings I find and lets everyone discuss it.