BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

On 31/05/2018 at 11:14, Pedro said:

True...but he could kick ?

Flowers claimed loads of crosses but he always seemed to have a couple of goes at catching it on the way down.

Not only could Friedel kick but the way he used to throw the ball to start counter attacks etc, Jesus the guy could probably throw it from one goal to the other if he tried. The best goalie in Rovers history no question. 

• Like 8

Watt was after Mowbray's time at Celtic.  Surely no-one would seriously suggest we sign him now would they?  We've just been promoted to the 2nd Division, not relegated to the local ale house league.  

• Like 1

Sorry to bring up the untouchable name up but now recovering, so back to transfer speculation.

i see Stephen Ireland has just been released at Stoke.  Anyone fancy a punt on him, big risk admittedly but still in his early 30's and can certainly pick a pass.  Maybe too injury prone but just a thought.

8 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Sorry to bring up the untouchable name up but now recovering, so back to transfer speculation.

i see Stephen Ireland has just been released at Stoke.  Anyone fancy a punt on him, big risk admittedly but still in his early 30's and can certainly pick a pass.  Maybe too injury prone but just a thought.

Not for me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Good player in his prime but signing like this just make me hark back to the days of Murhpy et al. id love for us to sign an older player and it work out for us so that I can stem the dread whenever we are linked to any.

Tugay, you got a son?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Good player in his prime but signing like this just make me hark back to the days of Murhpy et al. id love for us to sign an older player and it work out for us so that I can stem the dread whenever we are linked to any.

Tugay, you got a son?

We need an older bloke to appear and restore our faith in experienced players! I’m still having nightmares about Etuhu, never mind Danny Murphy ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Tugay, you got a son?

Nah he is a knob, from that horrible pink and black range rover to ending his international career over being teased about going bald and then faking his grannys death he is a laughing stock.

Not tugay obviously or his son for that matter. 

31 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Nah he is a knob, from that horrible pink and black range rover to ending his international career over being teased about going bald and then faking his grannys death he is a laughing stock.

Not tugay obviously or his son for that matter. 

I had forgotten about the f***in range rover 

15 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Mulgrew

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Mulgrew

Ireland is not Mulgrew,. I can't imagine Mulgrew inventing his Granny has died and then having a dead rat glued to his head so it doesn't fly off when he's got the roof open on his pink 4x4.

It's about character as much as ability. The current squad have it in abundance, we don't want any overpaid dollopers rocking the boat.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2018 at 15:14, OnePhilT said:

Was thinking about Paul Gallagher - his contract is up at the end of next month, he's got vast experience in the Championship, and he's still a tidy player. He'd be 34 by the time the season started, but he could be worth having around. Maybe a return to Rovers would give him a bit of a buzz and, in return, give us someone to fill that hole in midfield that we were constantly looking for last season.

Sounds like he's going to extend for another year with us. Still has quality passing but rarely plays a full game and often looks wooden when trying to run all game. Good influence supposedly in dressing room though.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Ireland is not Mulgrew,. I can't imagine Mulgrew inventing his Granny has died and then having a dead rat glued to his head so it doesn't fly off when he's got the roof open on his pink 4x4.

It's about character as much as ability. The current squad have it in abundance, we don't want any overpaid dollopers rocking the boat.

Wasn't saying he is, just that people were asking for an older player to disprove that they're all Murphys and Etuhus, and Mulgrew is a prime example. Most of us were hesitant about Mulgrew at the time.

Sadly, Whittingham hasn't been up to much despite appearing an exciting signing for League One. Transfers can always go either way, even the ones which appear shocking or fantastic at first.

But no, I wouldn't want Ireland anymore either.

I think with some it's just about the type of player they are and I think Whittingham is a prime example of that. Don't actually think he's shot to bits like Murphy, Etuhu and co were I just think he wasn't the type required and I think TM quickly realised it too.

Filling in for Evans yes but anything else he's just not the right type and at his stage probably not enough desire to try and prove a point. Stick him in a side of low expectation and he'd probably have played most weeks.