BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You said I wrongly "wrote Smallwood off" (I dont think I ever wrote him off, maybe youve got me mixed up?) implying that me stating my valid doubts about Rothwell was me writing off him too, rather than judging him if he came to us.

Id like to see us sign a higher calibre than an Oxford player who has struggled to maintain a place there for whatever reason. If he came Id obviously wait to judge him.

Which higher calibre players would you want considering the comments of Mowbray and Waggott since the owners meeting?

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

'upto 5 new players permanently'.  They will all need to be good enough to go straight into the first team.  

We need 5 first framers though I’m sure they’re going to be cheaply done, we need quality not quantity this summer.

Villa, Derby, Fulham our the way, this is a good chance to battle the Sheff Utds for 6th.

15 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

'upto 5 new players permanently'.  They will all need to be good enough to go straight into the first team.  

Straight into the first team where? 2 wingers, yes. A centre midfielder and arguably a striker. Where do you get 5?

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Straight into the first team where? 2 wingers, yes. A centre midfielder and arguably a striker. Where do you get 5?

Another cb for 3 at the back maybe?

42 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That'll be mostly freebies to fill out the squad i'd wager, no way are they spending on 5 lots of fees etc.  Would be nice to have a couple of good purchases in that lot though.

Just have to hope TM and his recruitment boys are on top form with these types of signings and that Pune has certain people on the mute button !

Edited by tomphil

29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'd say we need a tough experienced championship central defender, a central midfielder who can get about and pick a pass, two wingers and a centre forward. I'd also be looking at a keeper and a right back to fill the squad out if budget allows.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

2 new central midfielders for me, Smallwood is a good backup Championship midfielder but not a starter. 

Edited by RV Blue

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think I did write off Smallwood, no.

Im making a comment about whether I would want a player to be signed, I can do that without getting all the "judge him in a Rovers shirt" rubbish, Im not saying I wouldnt but not every signing has to be one that people fully agree with. 

If we signed a 40 year old from non league, would you still make these comments?

Yes he would and you no it

• Backroom
9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sure? You deffo complain about his signing whilst I said lets give a chance 1st. 

Have I said you to agree with every signing? 

Citation needed Chaddy!

If you are going to sling mud then let’s see the receipts, I don’t recall any posts from him writing off Smallwood 

• Like 3

It's very easy to "throw mud" on here and is a tactic used by some far too often. I wouldn't say criticism of a player signing is necessarily 'writing him off', more a show of initial disappointment. I can't believe any fan would want a player to fail in a Rovers shirt.

I was disappointed with the signing of Downing, then after 6 months of good form I said I'd look to sign him on a free. His form subsequently dipped and he's looked the player I feared he was at the start. That shows what I know and is why I am not paid to make decisions. That doesn't mean I can't at least voice an opinion though.

Chaddy said Gladwin scored lots of goals at this level (league 1 at the time) and bigged the signing up. Turned out to be wrong and he was the predictable shocker most expected. That isn't brought up every single time he mentions a player - maybe lessons should be learnt.

• Like 2

And let's not forget his writing off of Graham, subsequently retracted by saying he advocated selling him rather than writing him off. Answers on a postcard for what the difference between the 2 is.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LDRover said:

And let's not forget his writing off of Graham, subsequently retracted by saying he advocated selling him rather than writing him off. Answers on a postcard for what the difference between the 2 is.

Now 112 pages and no signings, and all along slight bickering of who said this and who said that,  this players not good enough, that players not good enough, players we have now etc, etc, chill out boys and girls  and lets see who TM brings in, then you can start to diss. 

• Like 2

Just now, EgyptianPete said:

Now 112 pages and no signings, and all along slight bickering of who said this and who said that,  this players not good enough, that players not good enough, players we have now etc, etc, chill out boys and girls  and lets see who TM brings in, then you can start to diss. 

Thanks. Can you let us know when that might be?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Thanks. Can you let us know when that might be?

before August the 12th ? 

But seriously TM is now back from holiday so prediction is,  as soon as this week or early next week. I will be in Germany next week so i will revisit this particular page then and probably eat humble pie. (or schnitzel)

Just now, EgyptianPete said:

before August the 12th ? 

But seriously TM is now back from holiday so prediction is,  as soon as this week or early next week. I will be in Germany next week so i will revisit this particular page then and probably eat humble pie. (or schnitzel)

That's too vague. I need a date? Not that kind of date and certainly not with you, although I'm sure you're lovely. Well lovely-ish. Look, just forget it, I'm not interested in anything like that. This is a football forum. Leave me alone.

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

That's too vague. I need a date? Not that kind of date and certainly not with you, although I'm sure you're lovely. Well lovely-ish. Look, just forget it, I'm not interested in anything like that. This is a football forum. Leave me alone.

The comments in paper today suggest TM wants new permenants sorted by 25th of June for Austria tour if possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

Well, to be fair, I was also worried about Graham at the start of last season-maybe before.

At the start of last season, my -albeit unprofessional-judgement was that he was looking lethargic and overweight. In fact, we even had a joke about him being like Elvis at the end!

I confess!

• Like 1

Just now, Biz said:

The comments in paper today suggest TM wants new permenants sorted by 25th of June for Austria tour if possible.

They do, but I wasn't being serious. We will get them when we get them, and if it's anything like last summer they'll be names that haven't been mentioned in the national press.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

They do, but I wasn't being serious. We will get them when we get them, and if it's anything like last summer they'll be names that haven't been mentioned in the national press.

Hopefully. I hope too that these are well scouted, young, hungry and players with the correct personality.

TM said he worked on experience and advice from colleagues last season, according to him and Waggott, they’ve a better setup in place so hopefully that will help.

Also - loans can be made up to the 31st of August, (as opposed to new early transfer window) so I expect that business to happen after the first window is closed. Certain players won’t be available until the season starts and they aren’t in the first team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

He's already said he wants a keeper. There were then pages of discussion  on here on Fielding. 

To go into the first team ladyboy? 

His post said 5 players to go into the first team 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel