BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, tomphil said:

How can Bolton be in a position to offer good money to Danny Graham ?

Just sounds like a tool to use in haggling a bigger deal from Rovers imo. Surely he's more happy to stay here than risk going across to that shower for a couple of quid more.

maybe Parkinson have been a wage budget and is planning to use it on 2 or 3 players and he has decide to try to sign Graham to be his main striker and play him and Le Fondre up front. This is just a possible scenario 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I mostly agree there, I wouldn't be more money and I more inclined to offer more incentives based contract 

How much training does Graham do and is he fitness/dieting going to be good enough? 

not sure I would give him 2 years deal at this stage

All depends on the wage per week and whether you offer him incentives based contract for 12 months with if he appears in more than 30 games he get a new contract on the same terms for another 12 months

Moore could be target if Graham doesn't sign here a new contract. Other striker targets IMO could be Adam Armstrong, Sam Winnall, Ivan Toney, 

Lansbury on 40k a week and most likely transfer fee of 5 mil plus? can we really afford it? please be realistic

Surely Mowbray will be looking to replace Graham within the next season or 2 anyway with a new target man type. 

depends on how much Graham wages and whether we see it has value for money?

surely we shouldn't be held to ransom for a player who will be 33 years old in August and I suspect this season he wont be starting every game and is he really worth a new contract back on his previous Championship wages(if that's the wage he after)?

Its all gossip and rumour chaddy. The wages hes on, the wages he wants, the length of deal he wants, the offers he has elsewhere. Not one to pay too much information to any rumours. All I know is I want to see one of our best players, Danny Graham, at the club next season and will be dissapointed if hes not. The reasons why are total guesswork.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

How can Bolton be in a position to offer good money to Danny Graham ?

Just sounds like a tool to use in haggling a bigger deal from Rovers imo. Surely he's more happy to stay here than risk going across to that shower for a couple of quid more.

Ageed. If ever a link was convenient, it's this one! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I mostly agree there, I wouldn't be more money and I more inclined to offer more incentives based contract 

How much training does Graham do and is he fitness/dieting going to be good enough? 

not sure I would give him 2 years deal at this stage

All depends on the wage per week and whether you offer him incentives based contract for 12 months with if he appears in more than 30 games he get a new contract on the same terms for another 12 months

Moore could be target if Graham doesn't sign here a new contract. Other striker targets IMO could be Adam Armstrong, Sam Winnall, Ivan Toney, 

Lansbury on 40k a week and most likely transfer fee of 5 mil plus? can we really afford it? please be realistic

Surely Mowbray will be looking to replace Graham within the next season or 2 anyway with a new target man type. 

depends on how much Graham wages and whether we see it has value for money?

surely we shouldn't be held to ransom for a player who will be 33 years old in August and I suspect this season he wont be starting every game and is he really worth a new contract back on his previous Championship wages(if that's the wage he after)?

I hope Moore isn't a target not good enough. Toney has potential but couldn't be relying on him to come in and replace Graham, he is still learning the game.Armstrong I would like to see us sign but again won't be a replacement for Graham too small to play up front on his own and can't hold the ball up.Sam Winnall maybe.

I think a lot of people are underestimating Graham's importance to this side.Yes he had a poor start last year but we looked a whole lot better as a team when he got a run of games and it wasn't stop start.Dack also looked a lot better and more dangerous when we had Graham in the side.As others have said it will take a nice chunk of change to bring in a like for like Graham replacement who will also need time to Bed in and work on a partnership with Dack.

• Like 3

I'd worry if Graham went, who we could get as a replacement. He's been a crucial goalscorer for us in his 2.5 seasons, but not just that, his hold up play & game awareness has really shone through. He's also highly respected by the squad as a senior pro, as mentioned  by Mowbray in his latest interview on the  Rovers website. How often did Dack sing his praises last year season as being instrumental to his own performances? 

Whilst I'm not saying keep him at any cost, I do think a 2 year deal for him should be stretched to, at a fair price for someone who had proven his worth to date. Most of us already agree we need 1 first team ready CF this window, which will be hard enough in itself to find w/o doubling the task.

• Like 7

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Its all gossip and rumour chaddy. The wages hes on, the wages he wants, the length of deal he wants, the offers he has elsewhere. Not one to pay too much information to any rumours. All I know is I want to see one of our best players, Danny Graham, at the club next season and will be dissapointed if hes not. The reasons why are total guesswork.

The Rovers fans who have posted their info are trustworthy and no reason to lie. Not sure it guesswork tbh, cos if the terms Rovers offered Graham were acceptable he would have sign by now. 

I would more concern if Rovers gave him more 12 months deal as I feel that is the best we should be offering and nothing. 

Just now, islander200 said:

I hope Moore isn't a target not good enough. Toney has potential but couldn't be relying on him to come in and replace Graham, he is still learning the game.Armstrong I would like to see us sign but again won't be a replacement for Graham too small to play up front on his own and can't hold the ball up.Sam Winnall maybe.

I think a lot of people are underestimating Graham's importance to this side.Yes he had a poor start last year but we looked a whole lot better as a team when he got a run of games and it wasn't stop start.Dack also looked a lot better and more dangerous when we had Graham in the side.As others have said it will take a nice chunk of change to bring in a like for like Graham replacement who will also need time to Bed in and work on a partnership with Dack.

Toney would be good signing IMO. Armstrong would be my top transfer target this summer. I don't know whether Winnall would come or the cost just someone I watched and always been impress by. 

It depends who available and the budget to replace Graham if we have to, Plus we already have Samuel and Nuttall. Samuel is working hard on his training and bulking up. still need another 2 strikers this summer

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The Rovers fans who have posted their info are trustworthy and no reason to lie. Not sure it guesswork tbh, cos if the terms Rovers offered Graham were acceptable he would have sign by now. 

I would more concern if Rovers gave him more 12 months deal as I feel that is the best we should be offering and nothing. 

Toney would be good signing IMO. Armstrong would be my top transfer target this summer. I don't know whether Winnall would come or the cost just someone I watched and always been impress by. 

It depends who available and the budget to replace Graham if we have to, Plus we already have Samuel and Nuttall. Samuel is working hard on his training and bulking up. still need another 2 strikers this summer

Whether you believe it or not, up to you, but it is still rumour. No one knows. If I took every rumour as fact wed have a bloody big squad.

where would Dack play? 

maybe Gallagher might be a target or not. I don't know. Has he improved as a player at Birmingham?

6 goals in 33 suggests not.

Toney wouldnt be a bad signing but he would be one for the future not someone who could come in and do it straight away.He was sent back to Newcastle by Wigan last year and didn't exactly set the league alight when he went Scunthorpe.He has potential but he has a lot to learn.Winnall is a good suggestion but he doesn't score a lot of Goals.I hope we keep Graham,Sign another target man type striker and bring in Armstrong on a perm if possible and not too expensive or get him on loan 

This is an important position and one that we do not need to see weakened this season at least. We need to consolidate in the Championship as a minimum and Graham is more than just goals. He is an experienced head, obviously has a great relationship with the likes of Dack and Mulgrew is very good at holding up the ball in the formation we play and is a very good poacher.

Really hope they can work something out.

• Like 1

Echoing most everyone else here, but losing Graham would be a blow, quite frankly. We want to consolidate and ,if possible improve,  not scramble around for replacements. Chopping at the vertebrae is not how one strengthens the spine.

Obviously we oughtn't get held to ransom, but going into this window I'm sure most reckoned Graham as someone we really needed to keep. 

• Like 5

• Backroom
9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I believe what you saying unsall. no reason to not believing you as you have proved track record

Arbito didn’t have reason to lie last week but you moaned at him for not revealing sources! 

Anyway I’m hoping today is a good news day, a signing on a Friday would be nice 

• Like 1

I reckon we will see a much better version of the players who went down with us next season. Going up from League 1 was great, but it was kind of a minimum. To really make a name for themselves here, they need a good championship season and I think some of the older lads realise this. They probably look and see the likes of Dack and hopefully Armstrong and think, maybe I can achieve something big here. They will definitely be fitter and more motivated anyway, that's for sure

Let's be honest, that half season under coyle was a joke shop full of bad characters and rickety freebies. It must have been so difficult for good honest, older pros like Graham, Conway, Bennett and Mulgrew. We are a different outfit now. Not perfect, but vastly better. 

Come on Danny lad, get aboard. We are about to depart! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

A one year deal on an average champ wage with goal bonuses and an option to earn another year would be best all round for Graham you'd feel. Incentives for him and not over commitment from the club.

If they are offering him peanuts or he's trying to hold them to ransome then he might well end up buggering off to a one year more lucrative deal somewhere else but he'd be stupid to go to Bolton just for an extra year on low wages imo given his status at Rovers.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

If ToMo wants his 5 permanent signings in by the time they go to Austria in 2 weeks he needs to stop building sand castles on Lindisfarne beach and crack the feck on.

Nobody wants to crank up the 'ToMo (and Waggott) Out' thread again but there are limits to what the loyal can endure.

I hope this focuses some minds.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pjt said:

Sam Gallagher and Armstrong.  Potentially a good pairing and possible?

Wouldn't mind the squad containing those two then that could be tried out as an alternative to DG & Dack in some games. A squad containing a strike force of Graham, Dack, Gallagher & Armstrong would be decent surely.

Would cost too much in wages though unless the parent clubs make it feasible. And we'd probably end up with one of both starting on the wings ?

25 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

If ToMo wants his 5 permanent signings in by the time they go to Austria in 2 weeks he needs to stop building sand castles on Lindisfarne beach and crack the feck on.

Nobody wants to crank up the 'ToMo (and Waggott) Out' thread again but there are limits to what the loyal can endure.

I hope this focuses some minds.

I've had a direct response in the form of an article on the official site. If that's how they want to play it....

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/june/tony-transfer-dealings-bubbling-away-nicely/

• Like 1

From Rich Sharpe

Had the pleasure of some time with Tony Mowbray this morning. Can't help but admire his enthusiasm and strong principles. #Rovers in a good place on and off the pitch.

Before anyone says: "any news Rich?" here's a message from the boss: “For our supporters to know, there’s a lot of work going on behind the scenes. We will be signing footballers, there’s an ambition for the club to build a team that’s youthful and will be competitive next year."

• Like 1

From Rich Sharpe

Had the pleasure of some time with Tony Mowbray this morning. Can't help but admire his enthusiasm and strong principles. #Rovers in a good place on and off the pitch.

Before anyone says: "any news Rich?" here's a message from the boss: “For our supporters to know, there’s a lot of work going on behind the scenes. We will be signing footballers, there’s an ambition for the club to build a team that’s youthful and will be competitive next year."

That's good to know. Makes a change from some of the impostors we had last time we were in the Championship. 

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rich Sharpe

Whose that aimed at? ?