BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Tony with a Chris Kamara classic type comment on Rovers website... 

"Things are progressing on a daily basis and I think ultimately with transfer dealings it’s getting people to sign,"

Pretty much the name of the game Tony! ?

Just now, Neal said:

Tony with a Chris Kamara classic type comment on Rovers website... 

"Things are progressing on a daily basis and I think ultimately with transfer dealings it’s getting people to sign,"

Pretty much the name of the game Tony! ?

:) he means bids, talking, meetings, all irrelevant until the player signs on that dotted line! 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rich Sharpe

Had the pleasure of some time with Tony Mowbray this morning. Can't help but admire his enthusiasm and strong principles. #Rovers in a good place on and off the pitch.

Before anyone says: "any news Rich?" here's a message from the boss: “For our supporters to know, there’s a lot of work going on behind the scenes. We will be signing footballers, there’s an ambition for the club to build a team that’s youthful and will be competitive next year."

Thank f*** for that, I was worried we would be fielding a brickie, two joiners and a plumber at right back

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

there’s an ambition for the club to build a team that’s youthful and will be competitive next year."

I sometimes wonder if Tony has been given a directive from above and doesn't have a free hand at the moment.

Mowbray has also said he wants to give last year's squad a chance at playing in the championship as a reward for their great work and attitude last season. If we sign youthful players good enough for the first team then some of last years team will have to drop out.

We have a few youthful players of our own who are knocking on the door. Last year we borrowed a couple of youngsters from the premiership who were no better than the ones we had ( from West Brom and Liverpool ?).

I think the quote from Tony (above) is very carefully composed and it gives grounds for optimism but doesn't really promise much.

Edited by Crimpshrine
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I sometimes wonder if Tony has been given a directive from above and doesn't have a free hand at the moment.

Mowbray has also said he wants to give last year's squad a chance at playing in the championship as a reward for their great work and attitude last season. If we sign youthful players good enough for the first team then some of last years team will have to drop out.

We have a few youthful players of our own who are knocking on the door. Last year we borrowed a couple of youngsters from the premiership who were no better than the ones we had ( from West Brom and Liverpool ?).

I think the quote from Tony (above) is very carefully composed and it gives grounds for optimism but doesn't really promise much.

My god, you did well to find negativity in those comments. Well done sir. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, unsall said:

Because I’ve been told by someone who’s ITK,if you don’t want to believe it,no problem,just saying what’s happening.

Fair enough. In my long professional career the watchword was always seek the evidence, evidence and more evidence. 

If you have the evidence to support your comment then you are well entitled to share it.

Fair play to Mowbray it's always easy to read his comments you don't start scratching your head and going wtf at all the standard clichés and spin. Just tells it like it is you get the impression he'd tell you every last detail if he could.

4 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Thank f*** for that, I was worried we would be fielding a brickie, two joiners and a plumber at right back

Wasnt Tom finney a plumber? And Stuart Pearce was an electrician so don't knock qualified tradesmen. Klinsmann was a qualified baker too. Nowt wrong with him