BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

46 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Ki could definitely do a job for us, surprised he's been released tbh, though like you I haven't seen him for a while. Only 29 thought so not like his legs have gone. 

It was his own decision not to sign a new deal he wasn't released like i said in my other post he is getting linked with higher placed teams 

1 hour ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Saw the released list. A bit left field but how about the Korean Ki from Swansea and Lee Chung Yong? They struck me as hardworking and have some skills, albeit some time ago that I saw them play. Lee seems like a winger.

One big issue with signing any PL players with experience at all is wages. Invariably they are really well paid and demand some parity with this when they move on. I think Mowbrays young and hungry mantra is the way forward for us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's ludicrous suggesting there is some kind of equivalence between those two.

Conway was better than Feeney a few years ago but they're both pretty useless now which is all that matters.

We shouldn't be handing out contracts on sentiment.

Is it worth looking at Jon Flanagan as he’s been released. Lost his way a bit but he was a very good player previously. Could be one to flourish under Tony.

(sorry just noticed he’s been mentioned on the last page)

Edited by Ricky

17 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Is it worth looking at Jon Flanagan as he’s been released. Lost his way a bit but he was a very good player previously. Could be one to flourish under Tony.

My desire to rehabilitate scousers at this club crashed and burned after Bradley Orr!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ricky said:

He has lots of issues, doesn’t he? Imho, wouldn’t touch with a barge pole

33 minutes ago, Ricky said:

He got arrested & charged for beating up his girlfriend.

43 minutes ago, cesus said:

My desire to rehabilitate scousers at this club crashed and burned after Bradley Orr!

The Scouse influence is still very strong at Rovers. Sam Gallagher is one of the Scouse contacts along with Nyambe and Nuttall to name just a few who brought the likes of Bradley Orr to our club.

4 hours ago, USABlue said:

What about the world renowned engine.

Agree with this. Jason Lowe is a Rolls-Royce of a player at his level.

For all the criticism of Lowe, he has had a very good career in the Championship, the second tier of the game. Most players cannot say that. 

Edited by jim mk2

1 hour ago, cesus said:

Howard Gayle and David Thompson, discarded by Liverpool, were excellent players for Rovers.

John Bailey was a Liverpudlian too, and Mike Newell.  All brilliant for us. 

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

Cousin of Bradley Orr so no thanks 

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Howard Gayle and David Thompson, discarded by Liverpool, were excellent players for Rovers.

Rehabilitate “troublesome” scousers if we want to be pedantic.

3 hours ago, cesus said:

What do people reckon with these new contracts? I’d guess at payrises for Lenihan and Dack, potentially their agents looking at release fees inserted. Graham holding out for two years, maybe even testing the waters for another club offering similar remuneration as us but for two years. Conway offered a lower wage for a bit part contract due to Whittingham taking the role of well paid midfielder that time has caught up with.

we need both Dack and Lenihan on 4 year contracts with no release clauses in them at all. 

Graham should be offered a 1 year contract with a incentive if he played in more than 30 games this season he get a new 12 month contract on the same terms. 

3 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Ki could definitely do a job for us, surprised he's been released tbh, though like you I haven't seen him for a while. Only 29 thought so not like his legs have gone. 

Please be realistic. KI has decided to leave Swansea. linked with a move to Italy. 

don't think we should be looking at players at 29 years old tbh. 

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

What's happened to Davenport we were meant to be signing? 

Mowbray still after him but City still don't know whether they want to sell him or loan him yet. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

One big issue with signing any PL players with experience at all is wages. Invariably they are really well paid and demand some parity with this when they move on. I think Mowbrays young and hungry mantra is the way forward for us.

I agree on Experience PL players wages will be too high for us. 

I agree with you that Mowbray Young and hungry mantra is the way forward. I also don't think they is much money around for transfers fees wise. not millions after millions. Of the 5 permanent transfers Mowbray wants before loans, I only expect 2 being cash buy and 3 being frees before we signed couple of loans players. 

Players under 24 years old and younger is what Mowbray has said he is targeting

Some Players we could be looking at

Curtis Nelson 24 years old centre from Oxford United. out of contract this month. not signed a new contract yet

Clark Robertson 24 years centre back from Blackpool. out of contract this month

Hakeeb Adelakun 21 years old winger from Scunthorpe United. Out of contract this month

Harry Chapman 20 years old winger from Boro. 12 months left on his contract but I suspect Pulis wont be playing him so expect him to be sold. 

Kadeem Harris 25 years old winger from Cardiff. out of contract this month. 

Josh Brownhill 22 years old midfield from Bristol City. out of contract this month

I thought Sam Gallagher was a bang average Champinship striker who wouldn't cut it at a higher level. I told a Brum fan this and at the end of the season he agreed completely. 

As an option he would be OK. Problem is because he was highly rated and at a Prem club, he has an inflated transfer fee and wages around his neck for someone who is going to be a rotating squad player for any Championship club with ambition.

As for Lowe, I see some Bolton fans trotting out the "he has Prem experience and has captained a club in the championship" line.  They're in for a shock. ?

Edited by Hasta

59 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

In the days of when the club was run by local people and we could cherry pick the best of the rest from Merseyside unlike under the Venky regime where miliions must have gone out of the club to some very poor quality scousers. 

From Alan Nixon

Bolton. Blackburn. Parkinson wants Danny Graham. But there’s an option in his contract that means Rovers can keep him. And that would mean a fee as well as top wages.

Look like Unsall and J*B were right

From Rich Sharpe

RE: Danny Graham. The option that was in his contact became redundant when #Rovers were relegated. So he’s out of contract as of the end of this month. However, he wants to stay at Rovers and I expect that he will. https://t.co/UI23aMuWCl

Edited by chaddyrovers

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we need both Dack and Lenihan on 4 year contracts with no release clauses in them at all. 

Graham should be offered a 1 year contract with a incentive if he played in more than 30 games this season he get a new 12 month contract on the same terms. 

Please be realistic. KI has decided to leave Swansea. linked with a move to Italy. 

Mowbray still after him but City still don't know whether they want to sell him or loan him yet. 

I agree with you that Mowbray Young and hungry mantra is the way forward. I also don't think they is much money around for transfers fees wise. not millions after millions. Of the 5 permanent transfers Mowbray wants before loans, I only expect 2 being cash buy and 3 being frees before we signed couple of loans players. 

Curtis Nelson 24 years old centre from Oxford United. out of contract this month. not signed a new contract yet

Hakeeb Adelakun 21 years old winger from Scunthorpe United. Out of contract this month

Harry Chapman 20 years old winger from Boro. 12 months left on his contract but I suspect Pulis wont be playing him so expect him to be sold. 

Josh Brownhill 22 years old midfield from Bristol City. out of contract this month

This lad sounds good. We should sign him. Possibly on loan. Do you know anything else about him? 

Also, are you saying 29 is too old? Chaddy, you ageist 

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You wanted us to sign Liam Bridcutt he is 29?