BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

This lad sounds good. We should sign him. Possibly on loan. Do you know anything else about him? 

Also, are you saying 29 is too old? Chaddy, you ageist 

I must admit, I always find it dead funny when people older than an age say that age is too old...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You wanted us to sign Liam Bridcutt he is 29?

Yes I would like him but judging from Waggott and Mowbray comments he would out of our reach. 

Please look at Mowbray comments about the age of the players he looking to sign. My suggestions are based on this and what The budget is in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Also, are you saying 29 is too old? Chaddy, you ageist 

My suggestions are based on Mowbray's comments about the age of the players he looking to sign. 

• Backroom
48 minutes ago, JAL said:

In the days of when the club was run by local people and we could cherry pick the best of the rest from Merseyside unlike under the Venky regime where miliions must have gone out of the club to some very poor quality scousers. 

Satisfy my curiosity JAL - is your opinion on Gallagher based on his performances at Birmingham or at Rovers? 

I still think he’d be a decent option here 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I would like him but judging from Waggott and Mowbray comments he would out of our reach. 

Please look at Mowbray comments about the age of the players he looking to sign. My suggestions are based on this and what The budget is in my opinion. 

My suggestions are based on Mowbray's comments about the age of the players he looking to sign. 

Your comment was

"don't thing we should be looking at players at 29 years old tbh" 

That suggested to me it was your opinion. 

Your comment was

"don't thing we should be looking at players at 29 years old tbh" 

That suggested to me it was your opinion. 

Look at the player suggested, club he link with, his wages at previous club and what Mowbray has said about the players we are looking age wise. 

Mowbray is looking for young, quick, athleticism players who gave us pace, fast pace counter attacking options and something we miss last season at times

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

we need both Dack and Lenihan on 4 year contracts with no release clauses in them at all. 

Graham should be offered a 1 year contract with a incentive if he played in more than 30 games this season he get a new 12 month contract on the same terms. 

Please be realistic. KI has decided to leave Swansea. linked with a move to Italy. 

don't think we should be looking at players at 29 years old tbh. 

Mowbray still after him but City still don't know whether they want to sell him or loan him yet. 

I agree on Experience PL players wages will be too high for us. 

I agree with you that Mowbray Young and hungry mantra is the way forward. I also don't think they is much money around for transfers fees wise. not millions after millions. Of the 5 permanent transfers Mowbray wants before loans, I only expect 2 being cash buy and 3 being frees before we signed couple of loans players. 

Players under 24 years old and younger is what Mowbray has said he is targeting

Some Players we could be looking at

Curtis Nelson 24 years old centre from Oxford United. out of contract this month. not signed a new contract yet

Clark Robertson 24 years centre back from Blackpool. out of contract this month

Hakeeb Adelakun 21 years old winger from Scunthorpe United. Out of contract this month

Harry Chapman 20 years old winger from Boro. 12 months left on his contract but I suspect Pulis wont be playing him so expect him to be sold. 

Kadeem Harris 25 years old winger from Cardiff. out of contract this month. 

Josh Brownhill 22 years old midfield from Bristol City. out of contract this month

To discard the prospect of any signings just because they are 29 would be an incredibly narrow minded transfer strategy, and one im sure Mowbray is clever enough not to adopt.

He might be in the main aiming for younger players but you cant just totally ignore players for that reason.

Would have Brownhill, Adelakun and maybe Harris, the rest less so.

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Alan Nixon

Bolton. Blackburn. Parkinson wants Danny Graham. But there’s an option in his contract that means Rovers can keep him. And that would mean a fee as well as top wages.

Look like Unsall and J*B were right

From Rich Sharpe

RE: Danny Graham. The option that was in his contact became redundant when #Rovers were relegated. So he’s out of contract as of the end of this month. However, he wants to stay at Rovers and I expect that he will. https://t.co/UI23aMuWCl

Doesnt prove anything chaddy. Nixon doesnt know what hes talking about, and what he says on this occasion regarding the option in his contract is contrary to what Rich Sharpe is saying about the clause in his contract now being redundant. So one of them is talking shite. 

The only thing I do know is that it will be a huge blow. Graham was a big player for us last season, if he went to Bolton, who we know are penniless and desperate hence their signing of Jason Lowe, then it would be bad news and potentially indicative of us maybe not having much to spend. 

That said, all this about Bolton wanting him, 1 and 2 year deals, wage offers, its all rumour and speculation and we wont know until the club officially announces it. Lets hope its us saying hes renewed.

54 minutes ago, Tom said:

Satisfy my curiosity JAL - is your opinion on Gallagher based on his performances at Birmingham or at Rovers? 

I also believe Sam Gallagher would be good to have back if financially viable but we may need to seek out options that provide better value in order to strengthen the squad as a whole

• Like 1

I have read Mowbray's comments he didn't say he would not be signing any experienced players.

I don't want Bridcutt but he wouldn't be that expensive Forest want him out the door so no idea why you would want him every club he goes too they end up wanting rid

Look at the player suggested, club he link with, his wages at previous club and what Mowbray has said about the players we are looking age wise. 

Mowbray is looking for young, quick, athleticism players who gave us pace, fast pace counter attacking options and something we miss last season at times

You can be quick and athletic at 29. I know what Mowbray has said, I read all the articles. You said you don't think we should sign anyone 29 or older, I said this was odd. Now you are saying that you didn't say it, that Mowbray did. 

Anyway, I hope we sign mostly players of around Dacks age, but if a good 29 year old comes up, I wouldn't rule them out and I doubt Mowbray will either. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

To discard the prospect of any signings just because they are 29 would be an incredibly narrow minded transfer strategy, and one im sure Mowbray is clever enough not to adopt.

He might be in the main aiming for younger players but you cant just totally ignore players for that reason.

Would have Brownhill, Adelakun and maybe Harris, the rest less so.

Doesnt prove anything chaddy. Nixon doesnt know what hes talking about, and what he says on this occasion regarding the option in his contract is contrary to what Rich Sharpe is saying about the clause in his contract now being redundant. So one of them is talking shite. 

The only thing I do know is that it will be a huge blow. Graham was a big player for us last season, if he went to Bolton, who we know are penniless and desperate hence their signing of Jason Lowe, then it would be bad news and potentially indicative of us maybe not having much to spend. 

That said, all this about Bolton wanting him, 1 and 2 year deals, wage offers, its all rumour and speculation and we wont know until the club officially announces it. Lets hope its us saying hes renewed.

It wouldn't be incredibly narrow minded transfers strategy as we need young players as the squad has players with experience in it already. 

I would like to see Adelakun, Chapman and possibly Nelson all sign. 

It doesn't prove anything? ??

4 different people with the same info proved they are hearing the same thing about Bolton wanting Graham

who said Bolton are penniless? All Ive read is they wont be buying players but got to look at free transfers and cheap loans. 

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I have read Mowbray's comments he didn't say he would not be signing any experienced players.

I don't want Bridcutt but he wouldn't be that expensive Forest want him out the door so no idea why you would want him every club he goes too they end up wanting rid

have I said Mowbray said he wouldn't signing any experience players? No All I have said Mowbray has said the age bracket he looking to sign players in and I have based to suggested some players we could look at. 

Bridcutt went to Forest for 1 million pounds last summer. Warburton and Monk didn't want rid tho did they? both signed them for their clubs when they were there as manager

You can be quick and athletic at 29. I know what Mowbray has said, I read all the articles. You said you don't think we should sign anyone 29 or older, I said this was odd. Now you are saying that you didn't say it, that Mowbray did. 

Anyway, I hope we sign mostly players of around Dacks age, but if a good 29 year old comes up, I wouldn't rule them out and I doubt Mowbray will either. 

Have I said a 29 years old cant be quick and athletic? Nope. 

Yes I did say I wouldnt sign a 29 years old as I feel we have enough experience in this squad already. 

I have base my suggestions on the age bracket Mowbray said. that's is all 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

It wouldn't be incredibly narrow minded transfers strategy as we need young players as the squad has players with experience in it already. 

I would like to see Adelakun, Chapman and possibly Nelson all sign. 

It doesn't prove anything? ??

4 different people with the same info proved they are hearing the same thing about Bolton wanting Graham

who said Bolton are penniless? All Ive read is they wont be buying players but got to look at free transfers and cheap loans. 

have I said Mowbray said he wouldn't signing any experience players? No All I have said Mowbray has said the age bracket he looking to sign players in and I have based to suggested some players we could look at. 

Bridcutt went to Forest for 1 million pounds last summer. Warburton and Monk didn't want rid tho did they? both signed them for their clubs when they were there as manager

Have I said a 29 years old cant be quick and athletic? Nope. 

Yes I did say I wouldnt sign a 29 years old as I feel we have enough experience in this squad already. 

I have base my suggestions on the age bracket Mowbray said. that's is all 

If you wouldn't sign a 29 year old then why you keen on Bridcutt who is that age?If we are to bring in a midfielder then we need someone who can pass the ball and start moves off.We already have Evans and Smallwood who can do the water carrying we don't need another.God I'm bloody glad you ain't manager 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

He's a plodder based on last time around assessing his Brum stats and his agent has screwed us before.

Hope that helps .

We are the Rovers !

Edited by JAL

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If you wouldn't sign a 29 year old then why you keen on Bridcutt who is that age?If we are to bring in a midfielder then we need someone who can pass the ball and start moves off.We already have Evans and Smallwood who can do the water carrying we don't need another.God I'm bloody glad you ain't manager 

Firstly no need for the bloody insult at all islander2000 I dont know who you think you are!!!

I suggested Bridcutt before Mowbray visit to India and what age of player since his owner visit. 

Mowbray is keen on Davenport from City. Dont know much about him but its could be cheap buy or a loan

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly no need for the bloody insult at all islander2000 I dont know who you think you are!!!

I suggested Bridcutt before Mowbray visit to India and what age of player since his owner visit. 

Mowbray is keen on Davenport from City. Dont know much about him but its could be cheap buy or a loan

Where did he insult you? :S 

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What Insult?You where quick to shout down the poster who suggested Ki as a potential signing.

Last week you where giving Arbito grief as he wouldn't reveal his source on Pilkington not being at Ewood or signing,yet when someone asked the lads itk over the Danny Graham Bolton link you where quick to shout them down and tell them how dare they ask about their sources. 

It's like you think it should be one rule for you and another for others. My post was nothing personal I don't know you but I question if you know anything about football with some of the suggestions you make on incoming players 

• Backroom
38 minutes ago, JAL said:

He's a plodder based on last time around assessing his Brum stats and his agent has screwed us before.

Hope that helps .

We are the Rovers !

But you rated him last time?

Understand he hasn’t had the best season and I wouldn’t have him as my main man but a worthwhile squad man at the right money 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

we need both Dack and Lenihan on 4 year contracts with no release clauses in them at all. 

Graham should be offered a 1 year contract with a incentive if he played in more than 30 games this season he get a new 12 month contract on the same terms. 

Please be realistic. KI has decided to leave Swansea. linked with a move to Italy. 

don't think we should be looking at players at 29 years old tbh. 

Mowbray still after him but City still don't know whether they want to sell him or loan him yet. 

I agree on Experience PL players wages will be too high for us. 

I agree with you that Mowbray Young and hungry mantra is the way forward. I also don't think they is much money around for transfers fees wise. not millions after millions. Of the 5 permanent transfers Mowbray wants before loans, I only expect 2 being cash buy and 3 being frees before we signed couple of loans players. 

Players under 24 years old and younger is what Mowbray has said he is targeting

Some Players we could be looking at

Curtis Nelson 24 years old centre from Oxford United. out of contract this month. not signed a new contract yet

Clark Robertson 24 years centre back from Blackpool. out of contract this month

Hakeeb Adelakun 21 years old winger from Scunthorpe United. Out of contract this month

Harry Chapman 20 years old winger from Boro. 12 months left on his contract but I suspect Pulis wont be playing him so expect him to be sold. 

Kadeem Harris 25 years old winger from Cardiff. out of contract this month. 

Josh Brownhill 22 years old midfield from Bristol City. out of contract this month

Please improve your grammar. 

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

What Insult?You where quick to shout down the poster who suggested Ki as a potential signing.

Last week you where giving Arbito grief as he wouldn't reveal his source on Pilkington not being at Ewood or signing,yet when someone asked the lads itk over the Danny Graham Bolton link you where quick to shout them down and tell them how dare they ask about their sources. 

It's like you think it should be one rule for you and another for others. My post was nothing personal I don't know you but I question if you know anything about football with some of the suggestions you make on incoming players 

On my suggestions today are out of contract in a month apart from Chapman. So what the problem? 

I asked for more info about arbitro post. Thats all. He didnt want to. J*B and Unsall both did share their info. 

The Ki suggestion was pointless. His wages and the clubs he being linked made it way past our wage budget. People have to realistic and realise we arent going to spends millions after millions. 

The insult was the last sentence.