BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I think I have cracked this case John. Nyambe, Nuttall and Gallagher all have the same agent namely Simon Conning. Now you have made your thoughts clear about Simon (a Liverpudlian by chance) many times. So I think that purely by association you dislike any of his clients and will do with any of his clients who might sign in future.

Chaddy likes your post Tony wonder why. 

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

I think I have cracked this case John. Nyambe, Nuttall and Gallagher all have the same agent namely Simon Conning. Now you have made your thoughts clear about Simon (a Liverpudlian by chance) many times. So I think that purely by association you dislike any of his clients and will do with any of his clients who might sign in future.

What has Simon Conning done wrong? 

4 hours ago, RovingRover said:

Why would you want to get rid of Nyambe over Paul Caddis?
We should be looking to move on Sam Hart, Ben Gladwin and possibly even Dominic Samuel (replacement considering) before we look to move on anyone else.

Nuttall has talent and would hate him to go out other than loan.
Nyambe might get a lot of stick, but he came forward in leaps and bounds last season.

Side note. There has been talk of Frank Fielding coming back to Rovers this summer, and I can understand Rovers wanting to bring in competition for Raya. But surely someone like Dean Henderson would be a better shout.
Fielding has been largely hit and miss since he left Rovers. His goalkicks only rivaled in woefulness by Jason Steele.
Henderson was outstanding last season for Shrewsbury Town, and was one of the key features to their better than expected league table finish.

He has refused a new contract with Manchester United, and Bristol City are sniffing around him. Mowbray would develop him as a player far better than Lee Johnson. Bringing him onboard could give Rovers two of the most exciting up and coming goalkeeping talents in the Football League Championship.

Fielding's signing as far as I am concerned doesn't improve upon Leutwiler.

What the he'll are you on about are you really a Rover ?

Just now, JAL said:

What the he'll are you on about are you really a Rover ?

I'm confused as to what you are taking issue with?
Nyambe being better than Caddis?
Sam Hart, Ben Gladwin and Dominic Samuel being good enough for the Championship?
Fielding's goalkicking credentials?
Henderson being a talented up and coming keeper??

What are you upset about?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What has Simon Conning done wrong? 

Simon is an agent who gets the best deal for his clients, that's his job. He is quite well known locally as he lived in Blackburn for many years although he is from Liverpool. And because people know him a lot want to take a free hit at him and listen to gossip, a lot of which is completely unfounded. 

To answer your question I don't believe he has done anything wrong but several people disagree without any evidence whatsoever. I don't agree that clubs should have to pay agents but their clients should but that is the business they are in. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Simon is an agent who gets the best deal for his clients, that's his job. He is quite well known locally as he lived in Blackburn for many years although he is from Liverpool. And because people know him a lot want to take a free hit at him and listen to gossip, a lot of which is completely unfounded. 

To answer your question I don't believe he has done anything wrong but several people disagree without any evidence whatsoever. I don't agree that clubs should have to pay agents but their clients should but that is the business they are in. 

I agree the client should pay the agent. 

Simon Conning's agency is registered in Formby. 

If Jal has something on an agent that he doesnt like or anywrong doing just posted the info in full and let all in. 

Clearly Jal has a problem with certain agents but not all so why Jal? Why the constant complaining and bullying of certain players at Rovers like Nuttall and Nyambe?

18 hours ago, gumboots said:

Settle down? You do realise unless it's a worldie (and there are some who would even find fault there) there'll then be pages of questioning the signing and bitching about how unproven/poor/bad attitude he is

And who his agent is of course. Get the wrong agent and clearly, for some, ability won’t come into it. They’ll be lambasted regularly on here.

15 hours ago, JAL said:

Any chance of selling The donkey Nyambe and Nuttall to bring some cash in ?

Case in point Example 356.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
15 hours ago, JAL said:

Any chance of selling The donkey Nyambe and Nuttall to bring some cash in ?

Any chance of you not trolling?

• Like 4

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I still have hopes for Nyambe. He has the No 1 requirement for a full back - he's quick. You can't teach pace but you can teach the rest regarding full back play. If that recent injury hasn't slowed him down I'm expecting him to establish himself next season.

Agreed.He has always had potential and has come on a lot in the last season and a half. Some posters just won't acknowledge that though and prefer to go back to when he first came into the team and was raw and made a few mistakes.

It's like they expected him to be Cafu from the off.He has everything needed to be a quality full back.He needs to work on his decision making in the final third but I honestly do think he will be a premier league player one day 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I still have hopes for Nyambe. He has the No 1 requirement for a full back - he's quick. You can't teach pace but you can teach the rest regarding full back play. If that recent injury hasn't slowed him down I'm expecting him to establish himself next season.

He massively improved game on game. We missed him when he was injured and the team suffered with Bennett having to cover at RB. I think he'll keep getting better ?

Id imagine we will be concentrating more on permanent signings at the moment with the window closing at the beginning of August this time. Then maybe loans will come in after that with the loan window open until the end of August. Interesting few weeks as a lot is needed to make the squad competitive in terms of building numbers with is being short and improving on quality which will be needed. 

Edited by AAK