BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

I thought his movement was pretty good off the ball, had 1 or 2 shots but his skills when he got the ball was pants. The actor who replaced Seaman was a master of the penalty shootout.

David harewood the actor lol great guy too he plays the Martian man hunter in CWs supergirl 

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Chaddy is right here mate. The guys not championship level. He's probably league 2 if that 

I've talked to a couple of Rochdale supporting pals and they thought he did ok there before he got injured. They'd have him back. Having said that they're playing at a lower level.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If we do make half a dozen signings I would hope that at least a couple of them will be good enough to  go straight into the first team. I wouldn't want to see us sign the likes of Hart, Harper, Gladwin, Caddis etc again.

City won the Premier League in a canter last season but they'll be bringing in players to strengthen that team. The minute you stand still in football you actually start going backwards. We made that mistake when we won the Premier League.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we do make half a dozen signings I would hope that at least a couple of them will be good enough to  go straight into the first team. I wouldn't want to see us sign the likes of Hart, Harper, Gladwin, Caddis etc again.

City won the Premier League in a canter last season but they'll be bringing in players to strengthen that team. The minute you stand still in football you actually start going backwards. We made that mistake when we won the Premier League.

I read into this that it’s quality over quantity. He’s looking at players who are as good, if not better quality than Dack...I’m VERY interested to see things start moving now.

20 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I know we don't venkys bash any more.  Lots of talk about a decent budget, doing business early etc. However, maybe the funds aren't in place yet?... Wouldn't be the first time.  I still don't trust Venkys to follow through on anything positive!

I have the same worries.

Venky's share price has plummeted since Tony went to India. It's possible other issues will take priority over Rovers' transfer budget. Hopefully not.

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

I have the same worries.

Venky's share price has plummeted since Tony went to India. It's possible other issues will take priority over Rovers' transfer budget. Hopefully not.

It looked like a bubble before- still is bubble-ish

26 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I have the same worries.

Agreed.

We have no reason to trust them.

Last season's "success" had the impact of reconciling many supporters-albeit temporarily-to our lowest league position in 38 years.

Next few weeks etc

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Rovers rumoured to be now planning to take up the 1 year option on Danny G.

According to Rich Sharpe(telegraph reporter)there is no option on Graham's contract it became void when we got relegated to league one.Although maybe he doesn't know as he initially wrote in telegraph that rovers had decided to renegotiate as they didn't want to pay as much.

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

According to Rich Sharpe(telegraph reporter)there is no option on Graham's contract it became void when we got relegated to league one.Although maybe he doesn't know as he initially wrote in telegraph that rovers had decided to renegotiate as they didn't want to pay as much.

There seems to be media confusion although Sharpe's suggestion of the option lapsing was an odd one.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16281694.amp/

Potentially concerning. Getting someone like Graham tied down to a new deal should be the first and easiest piece of business to do this summer. He's already here, clearly wants to stay here, he deserves at least another season and it really is a no-brainer to have someone with his experience in the squad for this season. To see it dragging on in such fashion is not encouraging.

Conway is less serious/urgent as he didn't perform/contribute as significantly as Graham did last season and moving forward will likely only be a squad/sub player at best, but where we stand today Graham is our primary and only striker of proven Championship quality at the club. If he goes then we're looking at needing 3 even 4 decent forwards to rebuild the attack, unless relying on Samuel and Nuttall is the plan.

If we're attempting to keep him but risking losing him by trying to get him on lesser terms than those contained within his 1 year extension option rather than merely activating the option it is a very dangerous game.

I remain confident he will stay but I'm sure he will have numerous other options in the Championship should we not cough up. We need to pay the going rate or struggle.

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I know we don't venkys bash any more.  Lots of talk about a decent budget, doing business early etc. However, maybe the funds aren't in place yet?... Wouldn't be the first time.  I still don't trust Venkys to follow through on anything positive!

A small report in the Sunday People referred to the English Football League's alterations to the Financial Fair Play and stated that:  A)  proposal was put forward to increase the amount of loss a club could make to more than the current £39m over three years.  Only 6 clubs voted for the amount to be increased, therefore the resolution failed miserably; b) Resolution passed to allow points to be deducted for any team breaking the £39m barrier.  This is on top of the current regulations.  c) When the clubs' financial year ends at 30 June, a committee will be set up to review which clubs have broken the £39m barrier in FFP and what punishment they will suffer, which will now include point deduction.

Our CEO, Mr Waggott has stated that we are currently inside the FFP target of £39m, but not by how much.  It would be foolish, imo, for Rovers to spend £5m (just a guess - I wish) on players prior to 30 June with the possibility of pushing us into FFP.  So I can't see any serious amounts of money being spent until after 1 July, which puts us into the next financial year.  Am I being too logical to expect the odd freebie or loan-signing until we hit the 1 July?  This is just an observation.  

Is the Sunday People correct?  Any ideas?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimEdd said:

A small report in the Sunday People referred to the English Football League's alterations to the Financial Fair Play and stated that:  A)  proposal was put forward to increase the amount of loss a club could make to more than the current £39m over three years.  Only 6 clubs voted for the amount to be increased, therefore the resolution failed miserably; b) Resolution passed to allow points to be deducted for any team breaking the £39m barrier.  This is on top of the current regulations.  c) When the clubs' financial year ends at 30 June, a committee will be set up to review which clubs have broken the £39m barrier in FFP and what punishment they will suffer, which will now include point deduction.

Our CEO, Mr Waggott has stated that we are currently inside the FFP target of £39m, but not by how much.  It would be foolish, imo, for Rovers to spend £5m (just a guess - I wish) on players prior to 30 June with the possibility of pushing us into FFP.  So I can't see any serious amounts of money being spent until after 1 July, which puts us into the next financial year.  Am I being too logical to expect the odd freebie or loan-signing until we hit the 1 July?  This is just an observation.  

Is the Sunday People correct?  Any ideas?

Or alternatively we spend as much money as possible before then up to the limit before it resets, enabling us to avoid sanctions by spreading spending around.

I'm not a maths wiz kid but I'd love someone to explain to me how we can be within but close to a £39 million loss over this period having spent about £1.5 million max on players and sold £30 million of players whilst Derby and Sheffield Wednesday have for 3 years spent £10 million each summer and not sold anyone of major value.

Yes they get bigger crowds but that's a hell of a lot of tickets to plug that sort of gap.

Just now, JHRover said:

Mirror reporting we're after Trevor Chalobah and Michael Hector on loan from Chelsea. Don't know anything about either of them except I think Hector has been at Reading on loan in the past.

Michael Hector is centre back. Was on loan at Hull last season

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michael-hector/profil/spieler/157490

Trevor Chalobah is centre back, right back, defensive midfielder. Only 18 years old

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trevoh-chalobah/profil/spieler/346314

Mirror story linking us to these 2 players was written by John Cross

Edited by chaddyrovers