BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just had a look and Hector is one of those like Todd Kane who has had a vast number of loan clubs over the years. He's 25 now so obviously won't make a do at Chelsea and is reasonably experienced for the Championship.

I'm always wary of signing young 'talent' on loan especially after the Byrne, Samuelson, Hendrie fiasco last time round.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Yeah i seen that.Option or no option I hope we get Graham tied down soon

Understand there's another club in for Graham as well as Bolton - bit of a surprise really.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Just had a look and Hector is one of those like Todd Kane who has had a vast number of loan clubs over the years. He's 25 now so obviously won't make a do at Chelsea and is reasonably experienced for the Championship.

I'm always wary of signing young 'talent' on loan especially after the Byrne, Samuelson, Hendrie fiasco last time round.

Yeah hopefully not another Rekeem Harper

If Mowbray doesn't think the likes of Tomlinson and Hardcastle are not up to it they should be sent out on loan or sold.I don't see any  benefit for  them or us playing another year of u23 football

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Understand there's another club in for Graham as well as Bolton - bit of a surprise really.

Not a surprise at all considering the quality and experience he has at this level and the fact he is practically out of contract. Lots of clubs will be looking to free transfers so I am not surprised that this dragging of our heels has led to further interest - if true.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mirror reporting we're after Trevor Chalobah and Michael Hector on loan from Chelsea. Don't know anything about either of them except I think Hector has been at Reading on loan in the past.

If either of these lads are decent, pretty certain they'll be out of Rovers' reach as Chelsea charge top dollar when loaning out their decent young lads.  The dross they'll let you have for nowt if your pick up the wages 

Edited by Mercer

Just now, JacknOry said:

Not a surprise at all considering the quality and experience he has at this level and the fact he is practically out of contract. Lots of clubs will be looking to free transfers so I am not surprised that this dragging of our heels has led to further interest - if true.

To clarify, my surprise is the club that is interested not the fact there is other interest

Edited by Mercer

43 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Potentially concerning. Getting someone like Graham tied down to a new deal should be the first and easiest piece of business to do this summer. He's already here, clearly wants to stay here, he deserves at least another season and it really is a no-brainer to have someone with his experience in the squad for this season. To see it dragging on in such fashion is not encouraging.

Conway is less serious/urgent as he didn't perform/contribute as significantly as Graham did last season and moving forward will likely only be a squad/sub player at best, but where we stand today Graham is our primary and only striker of proven Championship quality at the club. If he goes then we're looking at needing 3 even 4 decent forwards to rebuild the attack, unless relying on Samuel and Nuttall is the plan.

If we're attempting to keep him but risking losing him by trying to get him on lesser terms than those contained within his 1 year extension option rather than merely activating the option it is a very dangerous game.

I remain confident he will stay but I'm sure he will have numerous other options in the Championship should we not cough up. We need to pay the going rate or struggle.

If Graham wants to sign here he will for the wage he being offered. I don't see him playing every game next season and I wouldn't be paying over the odds for him either. 

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I can understand the point about being wary on talent from PL clubs. But we have a better manager in place than the manager(if you can call him that) at that time

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

what other club? 

Just now, islander200 said:

If Mowbray doesn't think the likes of Tomlinson and Hardcastle are not up to it they should be sent out on loan or sold.I don't see any  benefit for  them or us playing another year of u23 football

I agree on the Tomlinson/Hardcastle point. But it seems that Travis is ahead of both in the centre midfield 

Hector has certainly been around in a relatively short career. Played in just about every League in England bar the top flight, played in Ireland, Scotland and even had a stint int he Bundesliga. Has had plenty of Championship experience in the last few years though. 6 foot 4 - could be a decent option.

Just now, Mercer said:

If either of these lads are decent, pretty certain they'll be out of Rovers' reach as Chelsea charge top dollar when loaning out their decent young lads.  The dross they'll let you have for nowt if your pick up the wages 

why out of Rovers reach? 

Chelsea loaned players in recent seasons to Bristol City and Hull City who are similar clubs to ourselves. 

I think Hector would be good loan option because of his experience and knowledge of this league. 

Never seen Trevor Chalobah played so cannot comment at all on him whether he would be good, bad or what we need

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Graham wants to sign here he will for the wage he being offered. I don't see him playing every game next season and I wouldn't be paying over the odds for him either. 

I can understand the point about being wary on talent from PL clubs. But we have a better manager in place than the manager(if you can call him that) at that time

what other club? 

I agree on the Tomlinson/Hardcastle point. But it seems that Travis is ahead of both in the centre midfield 

Nobody, including you, know what terms DG has been or may be offered by Rovers. That is the current state of this game.

If he signs for us it will be against the terms offered. It could not be otherwise.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Nobody, including you, know what terms DG has been or may be offered by Rovers. That is the current state of this game.

If he signs for us it will be against the terms offered. It could not be otherwise.

sorry But Mowbray wants him to stay here but we shouldn't be paying over the odds or a contract longer than 1 year due to him being 33 years old in August. We have to be very sensible and cautious 

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I could have saved Chelsea ( and Rovers ) a lot of money. First time I saw him play I thought Todd Kane would never make a decent full back as long as he lives.

• Like 2

Delighted with the Graham news,would have been a bad start to our buisness if he had moved on.Him and Dack look to enjoy playing with eachother.

Hoping we can get Armstrong in next preferably a perm if he isn't overpriced, would be happy with another loan deal though 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Best option all around IMO and allays most of our fears about the deal. 

We still need more cover up front and in several different positions, but this is a good move and hopefully the start of more deals to come.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Graham may or may not perform next season but the only bit of contract news I really want to hear at this stage is that Dack has signed an improved deal.

Lenihan has only 12 months left on his deal so that is just as pressing.

Dack definitely deserves improved terms but he is still under contract for another 2 with an option of a third in the club's favour.

Really pleased to see Graham sign a new deal. Never expected anything else amidst the rumoured multi year deals apparently on offer elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Michael Hector is centre back. Was on loan at Hull last season

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michael-hector/profil/spieler/157490

Trevor Chalobah is centre back, right back, defensive midfielder. Only 18 years old

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trevoh-chalobah/profil/spieler/346314

Mirror story linking us to these 2 players was written by John Cross

Only speculation, probably agents promoting their players or whatever, but not sure thats what we need. Hector is an ok Championship defender but cant see him dislodging Mulgrew or Lenihan, nor being happy as a back up. Not seen Chalobah but surely it would make sense to loan an attacking player, maybe Hudson-Odoi, who can give us something a bit different?

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

The gift that keeps on giving. Was the other club Blackburn Rovers?

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Agreed. If we do sign a loan or 2 it should be someone who can make a difference, no Harpers ie signed for the sake of it.

Armstrong, Payne, Chapman, Conway and Payne have all left and id only probably want Armstrong back, but theres a lot of attacking players that need replacing one way or another. Sub centre backs should be well down the priority list.