BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I haven't seen us linked to one player by a reputable source yet 

What a reputable source? Is Nixon and Cross a reputable source? 

20 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Not overly enthused by some of the players we are linked with 

Why? 

What were you expecting? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

What a reputable source? Is Nixon and Cross a reputable source? 

Why? 

What were you expecting? 

Nixon hasn't had a clue or got anything right about Rovers since his mate wee Coyley left. So calling him a reputable source in terms of Rovers is pushing it. Calling Nixon a reputable source full stop is pushing it too be fair.  :lol: Big Scottish Fud. Don't even get me started on that tosser Cross either. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Better players then an striker who's been playing in an Irish division I could score 20 goals in 

Thats one link. 

He off to preston supposedly. 

17 minutes ago, Butty said:

Nixon hasn't had a clue or got anything right about Rovers since his mate wee Coyley left. So calling him a reputable source in terms of Rovers is pushing it. Calling Nixon a reputable source full stop is pushing it too be fair.  :lol: Big Scottish Fud. Don't even get me started on that tosser Cross either. 

Im just asking the question. 

I hope Bennett is on the case. I think Armstrong and Chapman added greatly to the team spirit last season and that can only help this year. Chapman showed glimpses of brilliance so a further year loan to see how his hamstring is won't hurt us or Boro. Likewise Armstrong seems to have the touch of scoring goals for Mowbray so a chance for Newcastle to see him at this level under him is a no-brainer, despite his recent let down at Bolton.

Two lads who have both lifted international youth trophies can't be bad. Get them wrapped up - Armstrong permanent, Chapman loan!

I think the collectiveness shown by the team last season was one of my highlights. We had to rally together after a terrible start and did so. Then, in my mind, a weak squad may have collapsed after that 2-0 come back from Wigan but we pulled our socks up and took it to the post. All credit goes to Mowbray and the boys there. I'd do all I can to keep the core of that squad together.

• Like 3

Just now, Neal said:

Isn't Chapman in his last year of his contract anyway? I'd say that puts us in the driving seat with regards to signing him. 

Believe he is yes. Risky signing due to his injury problems but one that might be worth taking for the right price. 

7 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

Better players then an striker who's been playing in an Irish division I could score 20 goals in 

I very much doubt that. What's your speed over 50 metres? When you get up from the keyboard obviously :) What level have you played at yourself? I'd say if you scored 20 goals in LOI, you would get a move to the Championship or at least league 1

What channel do you watch league of Ireland on out of interest? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

18 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I hope Bennett is on the case. I think Armstrong and Chapman added greatly to the team spirit last season and that can only help this year. Chapman showed glimpses of brilliance so a further year loan to see how his hamstring is won't hurt us or Boro. Likewise Armstrong seems to have the touch of scoring goals for Mowbray so a chance for Newcastle to see him at this level under him is a no-brainer, despite his recent let down at Bolton.

Two lads who have both lifted international youth trophies can't be bad. Get them wrapped up - Armstrong permanent, Chapman loan!

I think the collectiveness shown by the team last season was one of my highlights. We had to rally together after a terrible start and did so. Then, in my mind, a weak squad may have collapsed after that 2-0 come back from Wigan but we pulled our socks up and took it to the post. All credit goes to Mowbray and the boys there. I'd do all I can to keep the core of that squad together.

I really like that Bennet is publicly tweeting this. Fair play to him.

Chapman and Armstrong signing would make me very happy. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not happy with that to be honest. That money could have been better spent elsewhere. How many games will he start next season ?

I don't mind as long as there is acceptance on both sides that he isn't going to be a starter. I didn't like it last season when he had a run of starting games when everyone knew he couldn't last 90 minutes and would need to be taken off after 60 minutes. That isn't his fault and I don't doubt his effort and professionalism, its just a sign of the times that he cannot complete 90 minutes any more. It seems silly to me starting him knowing that one of our subs is already used up taking Conway off after an hour.

If he knows and the manager knows that he's a second half sub that can come on and use his experience then I'm happy with it.