BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Biz said:

why not say exactly what you mean? 

.As an example, It might imply that all the good news from India was fake news...thatTM has not been given what he requested....that he is having to make do...that he is having to use money that might have bought a younger, better quality winger to strengthen another position...therefore ..new contract for Craig...

The Conway deal is a strange one. He had under 30 appearances last season with many of them coming from the bench. He's had a good career here and in his heyday brought some quality out wide. However, last year he showed his age and that loss of half a yard meant he wasn't getting in anywhere near as many crosses as he used to. You would expect that he is on between 5-10k a week and arguably there'd be better ways to spend that money.

He is, or was at least, a good player though. As a coach his experience could be invaluable and we have to remember he has over 150 apps for us. There's no room for sentiment in football but influential players like Conway can help younger lads come through. More worrying is that we have no other wingers for him to pass on his wisdom to. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

.As an example, It might imply that all the good news from India was fake news...thatTM has not been given what he requested....that he is having to make do...that he is having to use money that might have bought a younger, better quality winger to strengthen another position...therefore ..new contract for Craig...

...or we ve actual got money to spend ..(can afford giving Conway a new probably reduced one year deal)....a sudden influx of young players going to be added the squad ..an old disciplined head required to integrate the new players into the Blackburn Rovers way of thinking... show them squad etiquette of a winning disciplined happy squad to hopefully  continue where we left off last season.? This is how we do it lads ..

Continuity ?

• Like 2

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

The Conway deal is a strange one. He had under 30 appearances last season with many of them coming from the bench. He's had a good career here and in his heyday brought some quality out wide. However, last year he showed his age and that loss of half a yard meant he wasn't getting in anywhere near as many crosses as he used to. You would expect that he is on between 5-10k a week and arguably there'd be better ways to spend that money.

He is, or was at least, a good player though. As a coach his experience could be invaluable and we have to remember he has over 150 apps for us. There's no room for sentiment in football but influential players like Conway can help younger lads come through. More worrying is that we have no other wingers for him to pass on his wisdom to. 

I don't understand where he will fit in as a coach as we are well stocked at first team and under 23 level. I don't know for sure but does he have any coaching qualifications or is it a case of helping him to get a foot on the ladder.

Whatever his role I just don't think he adds any value to Rovers.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

...or we ve actual got money to spend ..(can afford giving Conway a new probably reduced one year deal)....a sudden influx of young players going to be added the squad ..an old disciplined head required to integrate the new players into the Blackburn Rovers way of thinking... show them squad etiquette of a winning disciplined happy squad to hopefully  continue where we left off last season.? This is how we do it lads ..

Continuity ?

Only hope so...but based on previous Venky patterns...

Just now, arbitro said:

I don't understand where he will fit in as a coach as we are well stocked at first team and under 23 level. I don't know for sure but does he have any coaching qualifications or is it a case of helping him to get a foot on the ladder.

Whatever his role I just don't think he adds any value to Rovers.

Not every old player is good coaching material. Some aren't good communicators and some expect too much from less skilled players. Nothing I know about the Conway situation leads me to think coaching is on his agenda.

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Lenihan is the one i want to hear about and then Dack. Hopefully we start moving in the transfer market once we have tied down the players we want.

I think you are right about Lenihan. I can see him running his contract down unless we offer a big rise which is unlikely.

He has made the Ireland squad and a good season could give him a lot of options this time next year. 

It would be good to see Chapman and Armstrong return but I would think Jack Payne could possibly be a cheaper option.

He has 1 year left on his contract at Huddersfield so they may want to get rid while they can still get a fee. Not as good as the other two players but I can see him being considered.

Fits with Venky's 'young and hungry' mantra

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I think you are right about Lenihan. I can see him running his contract down unless we offer a big rise which is unlikely.

He has made the Ireland squad and a good season could give him a lot of options this time next year. 

It would be good to see Chapman and Armstrong return but I would think Jack Payne could possibly be a cheaper option.

He has 1 year left on his contract at Huddersfield so they may want to get rid while they can still get a fee. Not as good as the other two players but I can see him being considered.

Fits with Venky's 'young and hungry' mantra

Certainly is a worry - we know that if it wasnt for his injury last summer he would probably have been off to Sheff Utd. His stock will be even higher after a call-up and with just a year to go on his contract, his fee will be falling continuously. He could quite easily keep his options open to see how we do next year before making a decision on his contract. 

Lenihan signing a new deal would be a huge signal of intent from the club and where where it is at now. 

I am sure the negs would move onto the new topic to panic about then though. I can't actually believe some of the reactions here to Conway signing an extension, Jesus you would think Jason Lowe was after signing or we had sold Dack. 

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

But it actually means none of that in reality 

28 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lenihan signing a new deal would be a huge signal of intent from the club and where where it is at now. 

I am sure the negs would move onto the new topic to panic about then though. I can't actually believe some of the reactions here to Conway signing an extension, Jesus you would think Jason Lowe was after signing or we had sold Dack. 

Yeah and if it had have been Lowe some  people on this site would be telling us " Give the lad a chance, he's Rovers through and through ".

I'm just hoping the new signing isn't Antonnson. Then it really would be " head in the gas oven " time .

I try and be objective watching the team and individual players. I haven't got blue and white eyes when I watch a game. I watch both teams and I take it all in. I'm never happy with the status quo, I believe you can always improve on what you've got. Even Shearer could have been better on his left side. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah and if it had have been Lowe some  people on this site would be telling us " Give the lad a chance, he's Rovers through and through ".

I'm just hoping the new signing isn't Antonnson. Then it really would be " head in the gas oven " time .

I try and be objective watching the team and individual players. I haven't got blue and white eyes when I watch a game. I watch both teams and I take it all in. I'm never happy with the status quo, I believe you can always improve on what you've got. Even Shearer could have been better on his left side. 

I don't think anyone would have been happy if we re-signed J-Lo

Happy about both Graham and Conway signing new contracts with the club. Two players who clearly love the club and give it their all for the shirt. 

Conway came up big for the club when needed. There were several times last season when he came on the pitch and sparked life into the side. Why would he not be worth another year? He will either be a great contributor to our season once more or push others in the squad to be at their best.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Miker said:

Happy about both Graham and Conway signing new contracts with the club. Two players who clearly love the club and give it their all for the shirt. 

Conway came up big for the club when needed. There were several times last season when he came on the pitch and sparked life into the side. Why would he not be worth another year? He will either be a great contributor to our season once more or push others in the squad to be at their best.

More I think about it the more I agree .. I was a little wary of keeping him on but it makes alot if sense and he has have everything while being here so another year won't do no harm and he deserves it