BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rich Sharpe tweet

Linking us with Scunthorpe's winger Duane Holmes. 

Full tweet in Link thread

I like the look of this guy. Sign him immediately. Fantastic hairstyles. Something we have been lacking since Savage left. 

A...B...C , 1-2-3 nil to the Rovers 

yeovil-town-v-doncaster-rovers-duane-hol1996.jpg

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

Just now, Peteb2014 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/june/mowbray-danny-an-influential-player-for-us

the last paragraph on here does that mean that Chapman is due to sign

Not sure. Looks like he’s just throwing names about. No secret that he wants Chapman and Armstrong back...

What it does do is credit why he offered Graham and Conway new contracts in terms of their influence in the dressing room. Bearing in mind no one knows how much we’ve offered either player in wages it’d be great if we could draw a line under it all. 

The deals for present players are getting sensible at last if nothing else I can't argue much against one year deals with the option of another it gives the player incentive and covers the club. That is definitely the right way to go about it at last, you get the impression certain other managers, directors, advisors would have been recommending two or three years for these lads to tie them to the club as others were set to pinch them !    %%%%%

Only concern I have so far is how much of the budget gets tied up in these and others and may end up with us rooting about seeing what Prem clubs will give us on loan for next to nothing just to fill out gaps.  That's somewhere we've been a few times recently so if that was the case I might like to see one or two spare parts shifting out to free up some wages.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

How much do people reckon we will spend on transfer fees? I am going to go out on a limb here and say between 3-5 million. 

Anyone care to take that bet? 

I think there is money to spend. 

I expect us to try to sign Armstrong permanent. Expect Mowbray to try to sign Chapman. 

Holmes look good in playoffs for Scunthorpe. 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How much do people reckon we will spend on transfer fees? I am going to go out on a limb here and say between 3-5 million. 

So, a minimum of 3 million. Anyone care to take that bet? 

I'll say 1.5 million on initial cash buys not including add ons I think they are following a plan now set out after that audit last year that allows a certain minimum yearly investment in buying players.

Of course you never know with this lot but as long as it's not a minus budget i'll take that as a positive compared to a few years ago !

• Like 1

What was it 5 million per season and a few loans should safely see us in the top 6 and Europe (only 7 years late and counting),

So 5 million at a minimum this season as per Jerom Mrs Desai

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mozzer said:

Would prefer Hakeem Adelakun then Holmes 

You got the wrong brother there. Mixing him up with Hakeeb Adelakun - who is the one we should be after. Interesting Hull and Forest though, still should put our hats int he ring though.

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

may end up with us rooting about seeing what Prem clubs will give us on loan for next to nothing just to fill out gaps.  That's somewhere we've been a few times recently so if that was the case I might like to see one or two spare parts shifting out to free up some wages.

That was the order of the day with Coyle's scattergun loan signing process. Fill up the numbers quickly, easily and on the cheap by taking whoever the Premier League clubs would let out for nothing to get game time.

I've said many a time I'm not a fan of loans, particularly not as a means of building a squad. By all means add a couple of quality loans to add options and layers to the squad but only to go on top of your own contracted players, not as a means of recruiting on the cheap.

Armstrong and Payne fell into that category - came in mid-season to complement those already here and to carry us over the line to promotion - made sense and they were tried and tested at this level - clearly quality players for the division given their exploits elsewhere - but when you're running around Premier League academies looking for favours I'm not keen. Not just because of Byrne and Samuelson etc. but because the vast majority don't seem to work out. You might get the odd one like Tammy Abraham at Bristol City, but not many.

35 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I like the look of this guy. Sign him immediately. Fantastic hairstyles. Something we have been lacking since Savage left. 

A...B...C , 1-2-3 nil to the Rovers 

yeovil-town-v-doncaster-rovers-duane-hol1996.jpg

He's short of a bit of Soul Glow but he looks frickin awesome!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

That was the order of the day with Coyle's scattergun loan signing process. Fill up the numbers quickly, easily and on the cheap by taking whoever the Premier League clubs would let out for nothing to get game time.

I've said many a time I'm not a fan of loans, particularly not as a means of building a squad. By all means add a couple of quality loans to add options and layers to the squad but only to go on top of your own contracted players, not as a means of recruiting on the cheap.

Armstrong and Payne fell into that category - came in mid-season to complement those already here and to carry us over the line to promotion - made sense and they were tried and tested at this level - clearly quality players for the division given their exploits elsewhere - but when you're running around Premier League academies looking for favours I'm not keen. Not just because of Byrne and Samuelson etc. but because the vast majority don't seem to work out. You might get the odd one like Tammy Abraham at Bristol City, but not many.

Agree the one's who've done a bit of a stint somewhere and proved they have a bit of something are the one's to go after even if the wages are a bit more. Those mollycoddled through big club academies with maybe the odd sub appearance here and there rarely work out so it's all a bit pointless bothering with them especially in front of our own youth.

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rich Sharpe tweet

Linking us with Scunthorpe's winger Duane Holmes. 

Full tweet in Link thread

Here's the link to the Sky Sports News article: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11725/11402674/duane-holmes-attracting-interest-from-rotherham-blackburn-and-derby

In response to the height question, he is 5ft 6in tall.

If we are looking at him, I wonder if it is a possible alternative or replacement to Jack Payne?

Birmingham Live also linking us with David Cotterill who only managed 3 games in 6 months in India following his release from Birmingham.
Think this is probably agent talk though as he doesn't fit the profile of that Mowbray said he was looking for a few weeks back. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-transfers-championship-sunderland-14775084

Edited by RovingRover
Additional link

23 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Here's the link to the Sky Sports News article: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11725/11402674/duane-holmes-attracting-interest-from-rotherham-blackburn-and-derby

In response to the height question, he is 5ft 6in tall.

If we are looking at him, I wonder if it is a possible alternative or replacement to Jack Payne?

Birmingham Live also linking us with David Cotterill who only managed 3 games in 6 months in India following his release from Birmingham.
Think this is probably agent talk though as he doesn't fit the profile of that Mowbray said he was looking for a few weeks back. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-transfers-championship-sunderland-14775084

Links should be only posted in Transfer link thread as I was told yesterday by @J*B

Surely you can post links in other posts. I don't want to have to look at the other thread for links then come here to discuss it. That's plain daft. The other thread is for links ONLY and that makes sense. It's for those who only want to see that and not read any further

• Like 3