BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

On 08/06/2018 at 19:27, Rogerb said:

Parkinson talks about JL's exceptional leadership qualities !

Well i hope hes a quick learner, he will soon see sideways and back movement and think well theirs a leader --- not

Edited by EgyptianPete

52 minutes ago, gumboots said:

It's not hard to grasp for most of us.  We were responding to what chaddy SAID he'd been told.  But it would help if you changed the thread title i think

I got a 6 hour banned for posting a link yesterday in this thread

3 hours ago, Josh said:

No thanks on Holmes, looked shocking in the play offs. Plenty of pace to beat his man but his final ball/shot was just awful 

Disagree. I thought he stood out as one of the better players in the playoffs for Scunthorpe and was excellent for much of the season.

Also scooped all player of the year always for Scunny.

I think he would be a great signing.

• Like 2

In regards to the link to Holmes, I watched him a couple of times last season and he definitely seemed like a decent player with a bit of flair and pace. However he struck me as a behind the striker kind of player and that was his regular position last season I believe, so I wouldn't say he is a natural wide player which I think should be our priority this summer, although he would be a very decent back up to Dack aslong as we can get him relatively cheaply. I think the obvious choice would be Adelakun, on a free, pacy and young so ticks all the boxes really, but I'm sure a lot of other clubs will be looking at him.

Just now, iSeeRed said:

The link to Holmes is probably bollocks.  I first saw it on a website called 'The 72' which I don't think has been correct once so far this window.

That "the 72" website is pure bollocks always has been.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TruRover said:

In regards to the link to Holmes, I watched him a couple of times last season and he definitely seemed like a decent player with a bit of flair and pace. However he struck me as a behind the striker kind of player and that was his regular position last season I believe, so I wouldn't say he is a natural wide player which I think should be our priority this summer, although he would be a very decent back up to Dack aslong as we can get him relatively cheaply. I think the obvious choice would be Adelakun, on a free, pacy and young so ticks all the boxes really, but I'm sure a lot of other clubs will be looking at him.

Clips of him suggest the same. Not an out and out winger, another who will probably play in a 3 behind. Has a bit of pace though another shorty.

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I got a 6 hour banned for posting a link yesterday in this thread

I give up. For the last time...

IF ALL YOU ARE POSTING IS A LINK, PUT IT IN THE THREAD TITLED "LINKS".

It may be me, if it is I admit it's being done wrong. But it seems so, so simple to me.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Bloody hell. 

Some people log onto this site and only want to read the daily rumours. They want to be up to speed with what's going on and don't want to read discussions about possibilities or opinion. These people read the links only thread. To keep this system working there is a policy of ONLY posting links in the links thread.

Others want to post links and discuss them. They want to discuss the player, offer alternatives or question the rumour. These people read this thread. 

I'm not sure why this is suddenly so hard to grasp. If indeed the titles of threads need changing I'm open to any suggestions.

For clarity- if ALL you are posting is a link to an article about transfers, either incoming or outgoing, put it in the links thread. If you want to add discussion to the link, like RovingRover has, put it in here.

What about people post whatever the hell they like in this thread (transfer related obviously) and just post links in the links only thread?

Has what we can post in this thread changed from previous years or is it still the same? I like it when Chaddy posts his links/tweets etc. in here and then others debate it, I don’t see why Chaddy necessarily has to make a comment on it. (Just using Chaddy as an example)

Just now, RV Blue said:

What about people post whatever the hell they like in this thread (transfer related obviously) and just post links in the links only thread?

Has what we can post in this thread changed from previous years or is it still the same? I like it when Chaddy posts his links/tweets etc. in here and then others debate it, I don’t see why Chaddy necessarily has to make a comment on it. (Just using Chaddy as an example)

Whatever happens there's a rethink for January. The current format causes more stress than it's worth.

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

So, you have to check the other thread for links and then come back and discuss them here? 

Correct, unless the linker also happens to have something to say on it. That’s my understanding anyway.

Just now, iSeeRed said:

You're the person imposing this format.

The format has never changed, it's always been like this. The sooner Venkys start signing cheques the better, it might get me out of this hole!

• Like 1

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Maybe we need a 3rd transfer thread? At this rate nobody will dare mention it if we do sign someone. 

If there's anyone capable of confusing matters even more it's myself. I'll do the honours and start the third thread now...

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I give up. For the last time...

IF ALL YOU ARE POSTING IS A LINK, PUT IT IN THE THREAD TITLED "LINKS".

It may be me, if it is I admit it's being done wrong. But it seems so, so simple to me.

I think it might be you mate.

If someone wants to they should be able to post ‘just a link’ in here as well as (or instead of) the links only thread. Then it can be discussed by others (which it can’t in the other thread). You are trying to force people to comment about a link they are sharing to stimulate debate. Who decides what is enough of a comment to accompany a link?

If people who “only want to read links” (rather than discuss) miss something because it was only posted in here and not both then they should get off their metaphorical backsides and use google or Twitter and find their own links. It’s not our job to keep them informed and it’s just the good will of posters. Handing out bans for non-compliance to a made up rule in order to appease a silent minority is extremely harsh.

And after all that you will find that someone will always stick a pertinent link on the ‘links only’ anyway.

35 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

The link to Holmes is probably bollocks.  I first saw it on a website called 'The 72' which I don't think has been correct once so far this window.

It was first posted on the Sky Sports News website at about 3:40pm
It wasn't repeated in "The 72" until about 7:10pm this evening.

Granted during these weeks of agents trying to desperately find moves for their clients. Sky Sports News becomes as reliable as the Daily Sport.

NewsNow.png

Just now, Mike E said:

Should be:

Links Thread = Link only.

Discussion thread = Link only with optional comment and further discussion.

That's what it is..! I even invented thread tags so people could differentiate between speculation and news. Oh what a tangled web.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Yes. That.

Hopefully the new and updated thread title puts this all to rest, once and for all. 

Cue somebody discussing a link on the other thread.