BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

4 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

That Bauer fella sounds good from Charlton. Anyone remember him? 

We need a big lummox at the back, seems to score a few too.

Dont know much about this guy but he does seem to fit the big lummox mould. German too so we should win everything in site.

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't get emotionally at all. I just think saying he had a shocker before the fact, is idiotic, then again you seem to have your audience. Dreams of 1995 being chief cheer leader. Your little lap dog going around yapping at people. Would wet the inside of his trousers rather than having a face to face confrontation with sometime I would imagine. Always the same with pip squeaks online. 

Personally if I'm TM I don't set any expectations on dates of when I want to buy my players by as I don't see any point in it. I'd be very interested to see how many we have bought by the time we leave for Austria. 

It's just my opinion of course and I still love Big T, maybe just take a minute before throwing out hysterical posts. 

7 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I think that's slightly dramatic and I would imagine there are many ongoing transfer negotiations. Who is to say that 2 of the 5/6 won't come in tomorrow. Give Tony some credit. 

OK, possibly a bit dramatic but, can you tell me  you think its a good idea to state a date that he wants his signings done by? Personally it just leaves me disappointed when it doesn't happen. If we've signed 5 players and a few loans by June 24th I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. 

I don't get the problem with saying he'd like to get business done by the time they head off to Austria. Ideally every manager would like to be sorted ASAP.  Makes preseason a lot easier to plan. I don't think it puts any more pressure on the manager or the players - and all it should signal to fans is that there is a plan being worked on, targets identified and things are happening behind the scenes. 

We'd all like things to happen now Mowbray is back, but it depends on other clubs, agents and players, not just ourselves, and you don't want to rush things and get it wrong. It's not a disaster that, apart from releasing players and renewing Grahams contract, we haven't done anything yet. It's not something Mowbray will be worrying about, even if they're not in by the date he mentioned. It's better to take time and get it right.  Hopes are one thing. Deeds are another

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray on Loan players and Premier League clubs see Rovers as a great platform. 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16282789._Premier_League_clubs_see_Rovers_as_a_great_platform__-_Mowbray/

Hope we can get a couple of good loans in before start of the season

Only if the loan players brought in are of sufficient quality to make an impact with the first team.

I don't want to see raw youngsters like Harper being brought in who sit on our bench and only get 5 or 10 minutes of action every now and again.

From the outside looking in it appears that Mowbray doesn't have much faith in our own crop coming through.The likes of Tomlinson has been in and around the first team squad for a couple of seasons now and if Mowbray doesn't believe him or others are good enough then they should be loaned out or sold

• Like 2

Gumboots - spot on.

Another angle: could this be a friendly reminder to Venkys not to faff around all summer?

As for wage rises: of course it affects transfer funds. Knowing about it doesn't make the money magically appear. Imagine also that certain players (Dack, Smallwood, Raya) may be offered new contracts on better terms to prevent last minute bids from rivals.

22 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Only if the loan players brought in are of sufficient quality to make an impact with the first team.

I don't want to see raw youngsters like Harper being brought in who sit on our bench and only get 5 or 10 minutes of action every now and again.

From the outside looking in it appears that Mowbray doesn't have much faith in our own crop coming through.The likes of Tomlinson has been in and around the first team squad for a couple of seasons now and if Mowbray doesn't believe him or others are good enough then they should be loaned out or sold

Thats why I said good loans. Not sure who would be good PL loan player tbf. 

Is Tomlinson ready for Championship? Not sure maybe loan move for half of the season

I expect Travis to be around the 1st team squad. 

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Ladyboy Intelligence report. 

Not falling for it - you had me refreshing Twitter all day yesterday after your last 'imminent' arrival. Not doing it today - would be nice if true though.

54 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Bauer to Ewood in 24 hours. 

45 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Ladyboy Intelligence report. 

Surely this is in reference to the TV show 24 in which the main character is named Jack Bauer? Just before people who haven't seen it start to get too excited about an imminent arrival!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, its_rovertime said:

Surely this is in reference to the TV show 24 in which the main character is named Jack Bauer? Just before people who haven't seen it start to get too excited about an imminent arrival!

Now I feel dumb - used to watch that too.

51 minutes ago, its_rovertime said:

Fair point.

Touche Ladyboy