BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

No it shows what the last 2 days of the transfer window is like. Everyone knows thats when it gets crazy. That's why they did the documentary then and not in the middle of June. 

Mowbray has already told you what it is like at this stage. 

busy talking to players, agents and clubs. trying to set deals up, club managers and officials are still away. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Worth remembering that our first major signing last summer was Bradley Dack on June 27th.

Both the Football League Championship and League One season's start at the same time. Although Mowbray has said he wants to make the bulk of our signings before we fly off to Austria, I wouldn't be terribly concerned if we don't bring in anyone in the next week or two.

Rather we got it right and signed the Dack's and Smallwood's as opposed to the Hart's and Caddis's...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

of course it relevant as it shows what a transfer window is like.

Mowbray told you what it was like a week after we got promotion. agents ringing up suggesting or offering him players to him 

but Samuel did score goals at league 1 level tho Jal, stop talking rubbish pal. 

I see him as player with plenty of pace and ability to score goals but there is a player in there. also like the fact he been training and working hard during the summer

Taking rubbish ? every Rovers fan I, meet says hes crap, he's not scored since the beginning of last December in League one chaddy for your information.  He's lazy, poor in the air, lazy at tracking back, can't beat a player, doesn't have any tricks in his locker.   ....... Samuel is a fraud of a footballer get him out.

Your footballing IQ is sadly lacking, its no wonder we've fallen way behind Burnley.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

of course it relevant as it shows what a transfer window is like.

Mowbray told you what it was like a week after we got promotion. agents ringing up suggesting or offering him players to him 

but Samuel did score goals at league 1 level tho Jal, stop talking rubbish pal. 

It depends what you expect from  a striker over the course of a season but I Wouldn't consider someone who scores 5 goals over the season and doesn't score a goal after December as being able to score at any particular level.

Wikipedia also only have him as having scored around 20 career goals and he's 24 which surprised me. He's getting on a bit to be an up and coing young thing with potential, at that age he should be very near to his peak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

:lol: We can’t all be as well schooled in the game as you, Joe.

Lucky for us that Conway has the gift of eternal youth and his legs go forever. How long a deal should we have given him? In your expert opinion of course. 2 years? 5?

A. You think only experienced players can defend/mark at corners?

B. Conway isn’t catching his man. Certainly not an ex-PL winger.

C. Don’t try to be clever. You can’t carry it off.

Nice that you use an example of one set play as a reason to have Conway instead of someone like Chapman. No, not nice, desperate.

70 minutes from Conway in the Championship will be a big ask. I actually hope you are right and he can be a big player for us this season. But he didn’t really manage to be such an influence. last season, a year younger and a division lower.

Be honest, he is here for his experience in the dressing room not 70 minute matches and (:rolleyes:) helping to avoid younger players not defend corners.

A sensible 1 year deal, some performance enhancements and a potential step up to coach down the line - good sense imo. 

I think experienced players generally are more organised without the ball, it’s just natural with accrued game time, on top of the natural differences in marking ability. Conway certainly wouldn’t need pointing around like Harry did in those scenarios.

Craig also works fair hard, so whilst we agree his legs might be on the wane, the effort and intention isn’t. He’s a good backup and pragmatic option, especially if we can’t get the bodies in we might want. On top of his positive impact on the dressing room.

None of that’s clever, it’s just common sense. Which says more about you if it’s ungraspable! ;) 

Just now, JAL said:

Taking rubbish ? every Rovers fan I, meet says hes crap, he's not scored since the beginning of last December in League one chaddy for your information.  He's lazy, poor in the air, lazy at tracking back, can't beat a player, doesn't have any tricks in his locker.   ....... Samuel is a fraud of a footballer get him out.

Your footballing IQ is sadly lacking, its no wonder we've fallen way behind Burnley.

Samuel lost his place after a few ropey games. Graham hit form and became undroppable. Samuel is technically good with his touch, and brilliant in the air jump wise like Gestede but if you remember Rudy when he first came and Duffy they couldn’t head on target so it’s an area he needs to work on.

A decent turn of pace and he’s clearly a fit boy with his training over the summer so you can’t knock him. He seems to be stroppy on the pitch and this affects his compusure however he reminds me of a Jason Roberts. He’s still young but needs to step up.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Biz said:

A sensible 1 year deal, some performance enhancements and a potential step up to coach down the line - good sense imo. 

I think experienced players generally are more organised without the ball, it’s just natural with accrued game time, on top of the natural differences in marking ability. Conway certainly wouldn’t need pointing around like Harry did in those scenarios.

Craig also works fair hard, so whilst we agree his legs might be on the wane, the effort and intention isn’t. He’s a good backup and pragmatic option, especially if we can’t get the bodies in we might want. On top of his positive impact on the dressing room.

None of that’s clever, it’s just common sense. Which says more about you if it’s ungraspable! ;) 

Can’t believe you’re championing Conway OVER Chapman.

Even by your contrarian standards that’s a shocker!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

I did watch it. He signed that guy from Scotland we were after. However, It isn't the last couple of days of the window so  its not really relevant. 

How did the " guy from Scotland " go on at Sheffield Utd ? Have we missed out or have we dodged a bullet ?

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I think people need to accept that it's okay to disagree with decisions Mowbray has made without:

1) Being negative

2) Calling for his head

Literally every manager of any football club on the planet will have his decisions questioned from time to time. 

Absolutely correct, otherwise you are losing the point of an internet messageboard. There was almost unanimous praise for Graham signing a new deal the day before, its not as if people are just solely being negative.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-everton-leeds-wolves-move-in-as-villa-pull-back-on-midfield-signing

we offer him 1st team football where teams like Celtic, Villa, Boro and Wolves wouldn't. 

That's what I see has his role in some games starting to keep it solid defensively and positional 

mostly will be used as a sub in most games

there is far too negativity on here at times about lack of signings or FFP laws. 

on Conway offers anything on the pitch? didn't he scored 2 goals and 3 assists last season, so you comment isn't true. 

Not seen Clare play much and has only played 5 times at Championship level. You say he could get 1st team football here, hat sort of player is he, do you rate him higher than Evans/Smallwood, and have you seen lots of him.

25 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Samuel lost his place after a few ropey games. Graham hit form and became undroppable. Samuel is technically good with his touch, and brilliant in the air jump wise like Gestede but if you remember Rudy when he first came and Duffy they couldn’t head on target so it’s an area he needs to work on.

A decent turn of pace and he’s clearly a fit boy with his training over the summer so you can’t knock him. He seems to be stroppy on the pitch and this affects his compusure however he reminds me of a Jason Roberts. He’s still young but needs to step up.

I think you are being incredibly generous by saying he is brilliant in the air or has a good first touch. And as been touched upon, to add to this, his goalscoring record is incredibly poor.

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Can’t believe you’re championing Conway OVER Chapman.

Even by your contrarian standards that’s a shocker!

I ain’t, I pointed out scenarios they may differ in usefulness, I said I’d expect Craig on the fringes if Armstrong and Chapman signed.

5 hours ago, JAL said:

We've fallen way behind Burnley because of Chaddy's footballing IQ?! :blink:

DAMN YOU CHADDY!!! Why did you have to go and sack Allardyce, hire Kean, marginalise John Williams and the board, sign Murphy and Etuhu, sell our best players for peanuts, keep Bowyer in charge for too long, fail to find a way around FFP and hire that charlatan Owen Coyle!?! You and your useless footballing IQ!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

No major surgery needed to the squad says Mowbs but it takes a brave man not to strengthen this side with the quality of opposition we will face in this league.I'm not all that confident he's been backed by the Pune Loons tbh...time will tell.

This side bar a couple of players will struggle big time.. League one was a poor league last season as was proved by the three relegated sides all went back up 

Apart from Walsall and portsmouth at home and Peterborough away we were hardly emphatic last season 

The side needs major surgery and Mowbray knows it but reading between the lines he isn't being backed by the loons 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

No major surgery needed to the squad says Mowbs but it takes a brave man not to strengthen this side with the quality of opposition we will face in this league.I'm not all that confident he's been backed by the Pune Loons tbh...time will tell.

Most of us thought over the summer that we would need 5 or 6 signings. We're down anyway withe return of loanees to their home club

So that is major surgery and it is necessary.

Only explanation?----Venkys not backing the manager?

Next few weeks will tell.

12 minutes ago, Athlete said:

reading between the lines he isn't being backed by the loons 

That’s how I’m reading it.

Thing is, now that Mowbray has said it, you’ll get many fans now agreeing with him and trying to convince you that our L1 side (minus loanees remember) will be good enough.

We need a far better option than Downing. A better option than Evans. A better option than Samuel. And two wingers. Minimum.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

That’s how I’m reading it.

Thing is, now that Mowbray has said it, you’ll get many fans now agreeing with him and trying to convince you that our L1 side (minus loanees remember) will be good enough.

We need a far better option than Downing. A better option than Evans. A better option than Samuel. And two wingers. Minimum.

The team as it stand at the moment has got relegation struggle written all over it. 

• Like 1

We are ALL hoping the silence after the Pune meeting was Rovers simply keeping mum about the transfer kitty....sadly,maybe there is nothing to talk about after all.

I'm not expecting us to be in the play offs or anywhere near....but by Christ I equally don't want us embroiled in a relegation scrap.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16294793.No_major_overhaul_of_Rovers_squad_this_summer__says_Mowbray/?ref=mac

This is worrying considering some of the players currently in the team. Hopefully he'll make one or two key signings and get rid of the deadwood.

None of that is new. It's about the fourth time that article has been regurgitated with the same quotes. He wants 5 or 6 players, some with championship experience, some with potential and he doesn't want to lose anyone.

What is different is the tone of the reporting on contract talks with Dack etc. Where as before they were confident of them signing, the LT now states 'hopeful'. Might be nothing but there you go.  

• Like 3

Hopefully TM isn't about to learn the hard way how the V's operate - face to face meeting and promises followed by we'll get back to you when players ( and fees ) are put forwards. Then the phone in Pune is off the hook apart from the batphone marked outgoing which has only dial with offers of 3 million or over on it but gets answered after one ring.

There always seems a delay around this time and I think the key is catching the Vs before the go on their summer vacation as once gone they are gone.

Thing is this time we have a CEO and finance director so they should have the budget and be able to say yes or no unless it's an unexpected budget stretching player.

Still just think it might be down to us just waiting for the freebies to become officially available but I hope GB, Lambert and one or two others aren't on his phone saying, ah - get used to it this is the REAL BRFC of modern times !

He certainly got fortunate last summer let's hope it isn't revert to type.