BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

I imagine there's plenty going on behind the scenes, so no panic from me at this stage. However, I can understand why folk are wondering if something is amiss after Mogga's comments.

I believe the club is in a better place than in the summers of 2015 and 2016, when we were scrambling around for frees and loans after the seaosn had kicked off.

8 hours ago, dave birch said:

He plays For Melbourne City who are owned by Man City.

If anything, he'll go to Citeh, and either become a regular with them (he has the potential) or he'll end up like Mooy, being transferred to a lesser club in the prem.

I did say in an earlier post that Arzani was 17. As someone pointed out, he is in fact 19. It must have been my beer goggles kicking in.

Yes, send him to City and then sell/loan at PL prices is the model.

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I imagine there's plenty going on behind the scenes, so no panic from me at this stage. However, I can understand why folk are wondering if something is amiss after Mogga's comments.

I believe the club is in a better place than in the summers of 2015 and 2016, when we were scrambling around for frees and loans after the seaosn had kicked off.

judging from Mowbray's comments, he is talking to clubs, player's agents and players regularly and probably making bids for players and waiting for clubs officials to get back to him, plus players being away on Holiday until this week or next week, I expect 2 or 3 in by the time we come back from Austria  

• Backroom

Really interested to see what the new, statistical approach means, wonder if there will be less focus on trials and such and more players targeted based on set metrics.

The first solid links will be interesting.

• Like 1

• Backroom
53 minutes ago, Tom said:

Really interested to see what the new, statistical approach means, wonder if there will be less focus on trials and such and more players targeted based on set metrics.

The first solid links will be interesting.

I read it as a halfway house between the traditional scouting model and moneyball.

Just now, Mike E said:

I read it as a halfway house between the traditional scouting model and moneyball.

Whatever it is its better than the old model of signing people because their parent clubs will loan him for nothing or because he has the right agent.

• Like 1

• Backroom

We were first linked a week or so ago then Nixon picked it up, always a little more likely when Nixon isn’t the one to come up with it. He’ll still arrogantly claim it as his own though.

Dont know much about him myself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, imagine. Saying you want to get something done by a specific date. What a bizzare thing to do. Nobody has ever said they would do something by a certain date before. This is undoubtedly a first. 

If you're going to make a response at least counter my argument with something rather than just drivel. Maybe give me a reason why you think it was a good idea for our Tone to state a certain date he wants to buy players by? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

If you're going to make a response at least counter my argument with something rather than just drivel. Maybe give me a reason why you think it was a good idea for our Tone to state a certain date he wants to buy players by? 

I don’t think he’s disagreeing with you mate, I just think he’s pointing out how much of an exaggeration it is to be up in arms because we haven’t managed to sort more business out early.

Id have to find the original article with the exact quote - doesn’t he say he’s “like to get everything done” which is not a statement of intent, it’s just wishful thinking in reality - Id like to take Olivia Atwood out for a Sunday lunch but I doubt I’d be criticised much if it never happened.

BDS and Dof95 are right, there is no need for such exaggeration. To suggest we are on our way back down because we have signed anyone yet is absolute garbage. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Biz said:

I don’t think he’s disagreeing with you mate, I just think he’s pointing out how much of an exaggeration it is to be up in arms because we haven’t managed to sort more business out early.

Id have to find the original article with the exact quote - doesn’t he say he’s “like to get everything done” which is not a statement of intent, it’s just wishful thinking in reality - Id like to take Olivia Atwood out for a Sunday lunch but I doubt I’d be criticised much if it never happened.

BDS and Dof95 are right, there is no need for such exaggeration. To suggest we are on our way back down because we have signed anyone yet is absolute garbage. 

I'm not up in arms, I have no doubt we will do good business between now and then end of the window, I'm just questioning why TM bothered to give a date of when he wants to get his business done as I see no point in it and it gets the supporters hopes up unnecessarily. I also certainly don't think we are on our way back down, quite the opposite!

4 hours ago, RovingRover said:

The Lancashire Telegraph have picked up the Patrick Bauer story.

Maybe it does have some legs after all.

Rovers eye move for Charlton defender Patrick Bauer

Looks like a decent signing. I imagine that if next season Mowbray decides to play a back 3 then it will consist of Williams, Mulgrew and Lenihan. Downing/Bauer would provide very good backup/competition in that area of the pitch.

18 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I'm not up in arms, I have no doubt we will do good business between now and then end of the window, I'm just questioning why TM bothered to give a date of when he wants to get his business done as I see no point in it and it gets the supporters hopes up unnecessarily. I also certainly don't think we are on our way back down, quite the opposite!

I think he just said what he’d like, infact the more I think about it, the more I’m thinking the initial comment was Waggott. Ill investigate later

Edited by Biz

1 hour ago, Miker said:

Looks like a decent signing. I imagine that if next season Mowbray decides to play a back 3 then it will consist of Williams, Mulgrew and Lenihan. Downing/Bauer would provide very good backup/competition in that area of the pitch.

I don't want us to be signing " back up " players at this point. We want players who can come into the first eleven and improve it.

• Like 2

I'll be surprised if they are spending a wad of cash on a back up player these days and if so they are surely expecting a departure not far down the line. Having said that the signing of Bell so far seems to be just a back up/squad player so maybe times have changed.

Edited by tomphil

15 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Seriously, that attention whore? My god, ifs its based on looks alone - which I would hope in your case, even then there is far, far better out there.

Please tell me that was meant to be a text to someone ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Biz said:

Seems in my beer haze i forgot to quote - lol

Some interesting and potentially viable players released by Premier League clubs this summer. Just wondering what people think of the following?

•  Tim Krul, available on a free after being released by Brighton and Hove Albion. Better than Fielding surely?
  • Lee Chung-yong, available on a free after being released by Crystal Palace. South Korea International and different to what we have.
  • Joel Ward, also available on a free after being released by Crystal Palace. Defender and defensive midfielder. Good age and played 185 games over the last 6 seasons.

39 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Some interesting and potentially viable players released by Premier League clubs this summer. Just wondering what people think of the following?

•  Tim Krul, available on a free after being released by Brighton and Hove Albion. Better than Fielding surely?
  • Lee Chung-yong, available on a free after being released by Crystal Palace. South Korea International and different to what we have.
  • Joel Ward, also available on a free after being released by Crystal Palace. Defender and defensive midfielder. Good age and played 185 games over the last 6 seasons.

Would take all three

• Like 2