BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Is it not just a way of increasing the home grown quota in the squad relatively cheaply?

There can be no other explanation.

Exactly this. Back up British goalkeepers are an easy and cheap way of boosting UK presence in the squad. We know how expensive British players are, particularly those good enough for the Premier League, so its easier to sign them in areas where the damage will likely be limited. Brighton need a 2nd/3rd choice - Steele will be cheap, happy to make up the numbers and ticks off a UK space.

But according to Nixon Rovers' representatives were in London last week discussing terms. Which suggests either a bid has been agreed, is close to being agreed or at least that Rovers know the valuation and are prepared to meet it.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rovers and Sunderland fans know what he is like. Why is a premier league signing him? A team with a good manager at that. Is there something he does that I don't see? 

He's probably got a very very good agent who's friendly with a few tame managers.

Thankfully TM doesn't look like he is one otherwise we'd have had Steele on a new 5 year deal as no 1 !

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

But according to Nixon Rovers' representatives were in London last week discussing terms. Which suggests either a bid has been agreed, is close to being agreed or at least that Rovers know the valuation and are prepared to meet it.

Or Nixon is full of !@$% 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

If it is £2 million we won't be paying it.

2 hours ago, RovingRover said:

paying 2 million pounds for a player with 12 months left on his contract is far too much. 

Charlton based sport reporter saying asking price is 2 million now

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-offer-new-deals-to-joe-aribo-and-tariqe-fosu-and-price-tag-for-blackburn-target-bauer-set-to-scare-off-bidders/

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Nixon says officials were in London over the weekend. 

I would suggest Charlton have change their asking price now. 

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If it is £2 million we won't be paying it.

2 million pounds for a player with 12 months left on his contract is far too much

I would suggest we move on to player B now and look to agree a price with Scunthorpe for Adelakun instead

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

I understand that but if their first or second choice are injured he would play..........in the Premier League.

Suggestions on the Sunderland forum that they may be about to make 1M profit on this deal if so hope we have a sell on clause!

If anything highlights just what is wrong with the game in terms of agents and pals moving players about for % it's the Jason Steele saga.

Not unusual players moving about but a piss poor one going for increasing transfer fees as he gets worse and is no 1 in successive  teams relegated is a joke, back handers flying everywhere no doubt.

It's not how good you are it's how good your agent is in this game.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-offer-new-deals-to-joe-aribo-and-tariqe-fosu-and-price-tag-for-blackburn-target-bauer-set-to-scare-off-bidders/

Nixon says officials were in London over the weekend. 

I would suggest Charlton have change their asking price now. 

I would suggest Nixon is full of shit 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I would suggest Nixon is full of shit 

I wouldnt. 

The story is correct. Both local reporters had our interest in Bauer. Now both say price is 2 million. Which is far too much for a player with only 12 months left on contract. Move on to next centre back target. 

Also told me that we want Chapman, Armstrong price is too much for us at this stage. I can see Armstrong being sent out on loan towards end of the window. 

15 minutes ago, gumboots said:

It's the hope that kills you. I keep coming here to see if there's a hint of a rumour that might be true but nothing. I know full well that if I stop looking we'll sign 3 players and sell someone 

Not many linked out there. Hopefully we see a player signed this week but most likely after Austria trip.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldnt. 

The story is correct. Both local reporters had our interest in Bauer. Now both say price is 2 million. Which is far too much for a player with only 12 months left on contract. Move on to next centre back target. 

Also told me that we want Chapman, Armstrong price is too much for us at this stage. I can see Armstrong being sent out on loan towards end of the window. 

Not many linked out there. Hopefully we see a player signed this week but most likely after Austria trip.

Doesn't prove that the story is correct, the story being regurgitated around, im sure someone mentioned it on here days before he said anything.

Nixon doesnt know what hes talking about.

• Like 1

So Brighton & Hove Albion have apparently offered Sunderland (and unsurprisingly had the offer accepted) £1.5 million for Jason Steele.

His record last season in all competitions was 19 games played, 31 goals conceded. (26 goals conceded in 15 games in the Championship)

This is a player I think we sold for £200,000? Not even sure we have a sell-on fee.

Somebody should show Chris Houghton this clanger!

Edited by RovingRover
Reduce video size.

I am astonished that we sold him for 500k and now Sunderland are selling him for 1.5 million despite two terrible seasons - being relegated from the Championship twice in a row?

They have made more out of him than we did.

Just now, pomster said:

Cant help but feel sorry for the Brighton fans, wonder if they know just how bad he is?

He'l never get on the pitch though. Money for owd rope as the saying goes

Effectively occupying our PL spot. Playing top flight football against all expectations. Success is 17th. Can afford to throw away £1.5m on a reserve keeper.

Yeah, my sympathy is a little low if I’m honest.

• Like 1