BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

41 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

You would expect that if we were serious about buying Armstrong permanently, then that deal could have been done.  More time passes, less likely that becomes.

it depends what Newcastle want for the player. I was talking to Nixon who suggested that Newcastle were asking for too much for him and beyond our means

40 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If true that we bid 500k for the Charlton defender it certainly suggests we have money to spend on a couple. 

That Rich Sharpe telegraph reporter reckoned we would see a few cash buys ,a couple for more than we paid for Dack and Samuel

I would imagine we have the funds for the right sort of player

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

it depends what Newcastle want for the player. I was talking to Nixon who suggested that Newcastle were asking for too much for him and beyond our means

Makes sense.  He would be expensive by our standards.  Shame though - as Newcastle seem to want to let him go.  One of those who only needs one good season at champ level for his value to double/treble. 

I fear a lot of decent players will be out of our reach.  I expect most signings will come from league 1.

There's some decent ones there tbh but even some of those won't be cheap - like that Charlton CB.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The problem is rather "can you get the right sort of player for the funds?"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Makes sense.  He would be expensive by our standards.  Shame though - as Newcastle seem to want to let him go.  One of those who only needs one good season at champ level for his value to double/treble. 

I fear a lot of decent players will be out of our reach.  I expect most signings will come from league 1.

There's some decent ones there tbh but even some of those won't be cheap - like that Charlton CB.

Depends what Newcastle want. This might change during the window when Benitez needs funds. 

The Charlton deal seems to be close before the price changed. From both local reporters

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Depends what Newcastle want. This might change during the window when Benitez needs funds. 

The Charlton deal seems to be close before the price changed. From both local reporters

So Charlton suddenly decided to quadruple their asking price from £500k to £2 million?

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

So Charlton suddenly decided to quadruple their asking price from £500k to £2 million?

Thats a question for you to ask the Charlton and Rovers based reporters. 

Nicko was confident of a deal being done at 500k. Which seemed a fair price for a player with 12 months left on contract

Edited by chaddyrovers

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Nicko was confident of a deal ............   it all ended there for me.

Sounds like he was wrong so now he's made up a figure out of reach to cover his ample arse again.

Made up what figure? The 2 million pounds one?

• Moderation Lead
46 minutes ago, meadows said:

If they’re  released they aren’t on a wage. 

Well yeah obviously, but the likelihood is, we probably won't be able to get near the wages they want. Even if they DO take a pay cut.

Edited by K-Hod

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thats a question the Charlton and Rovers based reporter to ask. 

Nicko was confident of a deal being done at 500k. Which seemed a fair price for a player with 12 months left on contract

"Nicko was confident of a deal being done" should be a red flag to you pal, the guy is a clown 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

"Nicko was confident of a deal being done" should be a red flag to you pal, the guy is a clown 

If Nicko was confident the sky was blue, I'd still look outside to check. The guy is an absolutely embittered goon when it comes to us. I can't believe people still give him the time of day. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Made up what figure? The 2 million pounds one?

If he gets one thing right this summer about Rovers that hasn't been already mentioned by the local journo or on here by someone i'll be completely amazed.

Just now, tomphil said:

If he gets one thing right this summer about Rovers that hasn't been already mentioned by the local journo or on here by someone i'll be completely amazed.

Rich Sharpe doesnt know much about transfers at all. Guess he doesnt have the contacts the media press do. 

Cant remember the last time the LT did an exclusive on an incoming transfer

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rich Sharpe doesnt know much about transfers at all. Guess he doesnt have the contacts the media press do. 

When was Nickos last piece of new info about us?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If Nicko was confident the sky was blue, I'd still look outside to check. The guy is an absolutely embittered goon when it comes to us. I can't believe people still give him the time of day. 

"embittered goon" is a new one on me, what a marvellous way to put it, well done sir. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

In this day & age, when was the last transfer exclusive that any newspaper broke ? There are so many outlets, chancers & ITK social media outlets all punting that on the law of averages somebody somewhere will get it right thus making an exclusive really very difficult to keep quiet.

Last time I was pleasantly surprised at Rovers I think was Roque Santa Cruz...never saw that one coming.

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think It's more a case that Mowbray has got a very trustworthy team around him.  That's the way I like it, rather than the leaking of stories and sniping etc. which used to happen.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I think It's more a case that Mowbray has got a very trustworthy team around him.  That's the way I like it, rather than the leaking of stories and sniping etc. which used to happen.

Yes I cant disagree tbh. 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Pedro said:

It's also how Sparky did business while here.

• Like 1