BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

19 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

You would expect that if we were serious about buying Armstrong permanently, then that deal could have been done.  More time passes, less likely that becomes.

Have to agree with that.  Feels like it is not going to happen.

1 hour ago, RovingRover said:

Rich Sharpe posting an image from our game against Ipswich 6 years ago.

I have added our team which would likely be fielded if we didn't make any signings this summer.

Interesting to compare between our team now and the team back then.

Ipswich.jpg

Comparing all players at their peak (for Rovers) and you’d have to pick Robinson (close one though), Dunn, Dann, Givet, Olsson, MGP, CKR.

So that leaves Mulgrew, Lenihan (pushed into midfield), Bennett (out wide), and Graham alongside CKR.

Bench:

Raya, Smallwood, Nyambe, Bell, Hanley, Evans,, Travis

You could argue that some current players are younger and fitter than those players (at that time) but not the quality.

Both teams light on decent strikers. Struggled to promote Nuttall or Samuel to the bench ahead of Travis’ versatility.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rich Sharpe doesnt know much about transfers at all. Guess he doesnt have the contacts the media press do. 

Cant remember the last time the LT did an exclusive on an incoming transfer

Rich Sharpe gave a talk at the Rovers Trust meeting a couple of weeks ago. He said he regularly talks to Tony Mowbray and seemed to have knowledge of the players on the managers radar and the budget promised for transfers ( if it materialises! ). 

However, he is professional enough not to start spouting details of what he knows.  He would lose the manger's trust and maybe derail any ongoing discussions. 

Seems like a nice guy and a real Rovers fan.

Some interesting info out of the Supporters Consultation Evening with Tony Mowbray and Steve Waggott.

• There are plans to offer Tony Mowbray a new contract
  • Mowbray has held six meetings with six players who we have the potential to sign, players he considers exciting
  • Mowbray expects to sign two to four players in the coming weeks
  • There should be contract news also in the coming weeks
  • Mowbray really rates Travis
  • Harry Chapman is eager to return to Rovers huw Mowbray spoke to last week. Armstrong is also eager to return to Rovers, however it would seem from Mowbray's tone that that is less likely
  • 5-6 signings are expected this window
  • David Dunn is leaving his position as assistant manager for the under 23s
  • Mowbray is positive and excited about the signings we might make this summer, as well as the continued positivity in the dressing room.

Blackburn Rovers Supporters Consultation Meeting

Edited by RovingRover
Add link

Just now, tomphil said:

My prediction is still two freebies and two young loanees, just hope they are good'uns.

We need players that can take us to the next level the premiership not lower league donkeys.

Just now, RovingRover said:

Some interesting info out of the Supporters Consultation Evening with Tony Mowbray and Steve Waggott.

• There are plans to offer Tony Mowbray a new contract
  • Mowbray has held six meetings with six players who we have the potential to sign, players he considers exciting
  • Mowbray expects to sign two to four players in the coming weeks
  • There should be contract news also in the coming weeks
  • Mowbray really rates Travis
  • Harry Chapman is eager to return to Rovers huw Mowbray spoke to last week. Armstrong is also eager to return to Rovers, however it would seem from Mowbray's tone that that is less likely
  • 5-6 signings are expected this window
  • David Dunn is leaving his position as assistant manager for the under 23s
  • Mowbray is positive and excited about the signings we might make this summer, as well as the continued positivity in the dressing room.

Blackburn Rovers Supporters Consultation Meeting

Mowbray only deserves a new contract if he can get Rovers into the prem failing that it's another con, stitch up.

Mowbray;s comments about signings

He has held meetings with around six players with prospective signings.

He says he is excited by the quality of players that are available and feels he will be giving himselves problems when it comes to team selection next season

"I'm excited - things will happen. Hopefully we'll have an announcement soon and think we will sign two, three, four players over the next couple of weeks."

TM says he's sat in his office with up to 10 players

says it's imperative not to 'put a bad egg' in among what is a good dressing room.

I'd sacrifice quality for personality and character.

"The group itself, digging in when it was tough, that was what won us promotion

Harry Chapman is "desperate to come back" according to TM who spoke to him this week.

Money there to spend on players, TM confirms.

Money there to spend on players, TM confirms.

all the above quotes are from this http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16306771.LIVE__Blackburn_Rovers_Supporters_Consultation_Meeting/?ref=mac

• Backroom
Just now, JAL said:

Mowbray only deserves a new contract if he can get Rovers into the prem failing that it's another con, stitch up.

Oh just do one, will you?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

There is a transcript of the tonights meeting on the LT. Mowbray says up to 4 players will be coming in over the next two weeks.

Waggott also states a new senior management team will be announced next week. 

Are they any good though is Gladwin Caddis and Whittingham going out to name just a few of the dummies Mowbray signed.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray deserve a new contract, I would give him a new 3 years contract 

He's back to square one so let's see what he does from here before we pay him out.

5 minutes ago, JAL said:

Having stable management is essential in the Championship. Not to mention a dressing-room having the respect of the manager.
I would also argue Mowbray's attitude has been key in starting to win back fan confidence.

Taking the contract situation with him so casually could come back to bite us in the behind if we have a solid season this season coming. We could find him going off to another club with his management team, taking players with him. This would leave us back in square one having to do a Blackpool when you consider the contract lengths many of our better players have at the moment.

We should offer him a new two year contract with a year option on top of it, ASAP!

Just now, JAL said:

Are they any good though is Gladwin Caddis and Whittingham going out to name just a few of the dummies Mowbray signed.

How much did Gladwin, Caddis and Whittingham cost?

Most Rovers fans were astonished when we picked up Whittingham and expected him to play a major role in our season last term. Alas Smallwood strode in and made himself a consistent hero.
When Caddis was signed, did any of us expect him to come in as anymore than a backup?
Gladwin came in as a risk, but with good pedigree, and at a good age. If Rovers have any sense, they will send him out on loan and bring in a summer center-midfielder on loan with a view.

Edited by RovingRover
Added response.

5 minutes ago, JAL said:

We need players that can take us to the next level the premiership not lower league donkeys.

So if we finish around 15th this season and stay up you'll be complaining? Don't know why I'm biting because that's all you come on here to do, get a few bites because I along with others can't help but respond to your bullshit. I'm still convinced your a dingle on the wind-up. 

• Like 1

Having stable management is essential in the Championship. Not to mention a dressing-room having the respect of the manager.
I would also argue Mowbray's attitude has been key in starting to win back fan confidence.

Taking the contract situation with him so casually could come back to bite us in the behind if we have a solid season this season coming. We could find him going off to another club with his management team, taking players with him. This would leave us back in square one having to do a Blackpool when you consider the contract lengths many of our better players have at the moment.

We should offer him a new two year contract with a year option on top of it, ASAP!

He's going to leave if there's no serious commitment from the owners so why put yourself in that position.

Just let the owners expose themselves to the detriment of Blackburn Rovers football club and its fan base.

Just now, Butty said:

So if we finish around 15th this season and stay up you'll be complaining? Don't know why I'm biting because that's all you come on here to do, get a few bites because I along with others can't help but respond to your bullshit. I'm still convinced your a dingle on the wind-up. 

Then what I'm expecting premiership football, that's were Venkys picked us up anything less in my book is failure.

Edited by JAL

Just now, JAL said:

He's going to leave if there's no serious commitment from the owners so why put yourself in that position.

Yet he isn't going and has already rejected Ipswich.

At least with added contract length we can a) decide whether we want to let him go b) Actually get compensation for him if he does go and c) Actually have a decent quality manager, rather than desperately looking to replace after stability.

Yet he isn't going and has already rejected Ipswich.

At least with added contract length we can a) decide whether we want to let him go b) Actually get compensation for him if he does go and c) Actually have a decent quality manager, rather than desperately looking to replace after stability.

A good club should already know who's impressed them in the past with regards to potentially offering them future employment.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray deserve a new contract, I would give him a new 3 years contract 

Let's see how he goes next year. 3 years will be wasted money if he relegates us again. 

• Like 2