BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe Billy Barr will just step up on match days?

Dunn walk away not the club or Mowbray decision to get rid of him. Mowbray talk about other business interests outside of football. Are you calling Mowbray a liar? Look at comments from Dunn on official website and his comments about Mowbray. Plus Dunn has a family so might want to spend more time with them. 

Actually he hasnt. Barely played at PL level. Not good enough. 

But we wont signing Rhodes. Hes on 40k at Sheff Wed. Can we afford it? Nope. 

Would I sign him? Deffo not. We moved on since then. 

Where did I call Mowbray a liar  ffs ????  No I don't think he is for one min but when will you ever learn how football works ? I was merely wondering why Dunn would stack in what is a great little job and whether he was put in a position he didn't feel comfortable with that may have helped make his mind up.

It's impossible for anyone to have a conversation with you on anything without you twisting it or playing the know it all, you know the square root of naff all lad all you post on here is taken from twitter or rehashed from other posters, get a grip you cause more aggro on here than every other wums put together !

Stick me on ignore for gods sake.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe Billy Barr will just step up on match days?

Dunn walk away not the club or Mowbray decision to get rid of him. Mowbray talk about other business interests outside of football. Are you calling Mowbray a liar? Look at comments from Dunn on official website and his comments about Mowbray. Plus Dunn has a family so might want to spend more time with them. 

Actually he hasnt. Barely played at PL level. Not good enough. 

But we wont signing Rhodes. Hes on 40k at Sheff Wed. Can we afford it? Nope. 

Would I sign him? Deffo not. We moved on since then. 

A Sheffield Weds supporting friend was really excited when they bought Rhodes - but has since come to admit that when he isn't scoring it is like playing with 10 men. He also disrupts the team pattern as he doesn''t have any great pace or ability to hold the ball up. Rhodes is one of the best finishers I have seen at Rovers for a while - but IMO the other aspects of his games are distinctly lower league - and as much as many would argue his goals kept us up, I would argue that equally his lack of pace and hold up play meant teams could compress us in our half which impacted our performances. Then again football is all about opinions - and many players seem to divide opinion these days. 

• Like 3

To be honest with all this talk about transfer I think there are some cracking signing to be made in the lower leagues. 

From Marcus Maddison, Kieffer Moore, Jordan Willis, all would make fantastic additions. Get Armstrong on Loan and some added bite to the midfield i would be pretty chuffed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom said:

I see the sense in everything he said last night, he said if we went out and did what Forest are doing splashing huge wages on big players then what about the players that are here; suddenly you have Bradley Dack on half the amount of the new guys.

He would prefer to do things gradually and more naturally.

He clearly has ambitions of getting promoted but I think realistically he thinks if you add 6 players this year and 4-5 end up mainstays of the first team and then next season add 3/4 more you could have a strong promotion challenge the season after.

He spoke about winning this league before with Kevin Phillips and how you need a striker like him that you know will score when the ball gets to him, wonder if he’s heard of Jordan Rhodes ?

We’d better hope that he’s building a dynasty then because that’s a long term strategy that requires survival on a shoestring year after year after year.

Didn't see that one coming, but refreshing not to have a signing trailed days in advance in the media. Can't really remember much about him from last season but if he turned down a contract at Man Utd to play for Oxford, that's a statement of wanting to get his down and work hard.

• Backroom

Well bugger me with a spade and call me Fiona, where the hell did that one come from?!

I like this no leaks style of business! On the face of it, a terrific first signing.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Weren't we linked to Rothwell earlier this summer? I'm sure even the LT talked about our interest. So not completely out of the blue, just had gone quiet for a while.

No, but I'm willing to bet nobody on this mb thought he'd be signed this week.

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

No, but I'm willing to bet nobody on this mb thought he'd be signed this week.

Said in his interview it had been going on since January... I do remember the link but can’t recall from whom.

• Like 1

Don't know why its tagging lobt comment but anyway. Rothwell, if that's the sign of intent, then i presume the intent is to go straight back down. Poor player. On par with smallwood who wont be good enough for championship. 

On 16/06/2018 at 19:50, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Edited by AAK

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Proves a point no one on here has got a bloody clue what’s going on behind the walls of Ewood ??????

Was the case last summer as well mostly. Can remember the majority of our signings last summer were unexpected ones in terms of us not being linked massively with any of them. Just shows people like Nicko really don't have a clue and that makes me happy :lol: 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AAK said:

Don't know why its tagging lobt comment but anyway. Rothwell, if that's the sign of intent, then i presume the intent is to go straight back down. Poor player. On par with smallwood who wont be good enough for championship. 

How many full, 90 minute games did you even seen him play, last season? 

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

discussed ? or  mentioned ?  give over ..this is out of the blue

It's not really. There's a link to it in the transfer links thread from about 3 weeks ago.