BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

ah ok my bad ..nailed on ...lets hope we sign the other 43 names linked ..

My bad what ? Breath? False teeth? Hairdo? Can you re-post that in English please. ?

1 hour ago, AAK said:

Don't know why its tagging lobt comment but anyway. Rothwell, if that's the sign of intent, then i presume the intent is to go straight back down. Poor player. On par with smallwood who wont be good enough for championship. 

What makes you say he's that bad? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

You're probably right he isn't good enough for the PL. Still he got there and had a shot at it which he wasn't going to get with us. He is definitely good enough for the Championship though, which is our area of concern.

You're right we've moved on but not necessarily in a good way.

We need players of Championship ability and there is one potentially available who scored close to 100 goals for this club not long ago. I don't know who there is with a better record than that who you're expecting us to sign.

Whether we can afford it or not depends on what he wants and on what his current club wants. I'm intrigued by this acceptance that a bottom half side like Sheffield Wednesday can chuck around £40k a week for him to be sat on their bench is absolutely fine and yet the prospect of us potentially paying half of that to bring him back here is one that can immediately be ruled out as financially impossible or if not impossible then foolish or wrong.

I accept its unlikely to happen for us but someone in the Championship will likely sign him and I suspect he will score a lot of goals for them.

I am quite happy to sit back and trust Mowbray judgement on transfer and see who we signed. who would I sign? I don't know. Maybe Sam Winnall from Sheff Wednesday

Yes Rhodes was good here but I always felt his all round game wasn't good enough at times. My question why haven't Sheff Wed been playing him last season. 

I think Bolton might moved for Rhodes on loan. 

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Where did I call Mowbray a liar  ffs ????  No I don't think he is for one min but when will you ever learn how football works ? I was merely wondering why Dunn would stack in what is a great little job and whether he was put in a position he didn't feel comfortable with that may have helped make his mind up.

It's impossible for anyone to have a conversation with you on anything without you twisting it or playing the know it all, you know the square root of naff all lad all you post on here is taken from twitter or rehashed from other posters, get a grip you cause more aggro on here than every other wums put together !

Stick me on ignore for gods sake.

Mowbray and Dunn have told you the reasons why he has step down, so why keep looking for something not there unless you think Dunn has lie to Mowbray about his reasons

NO its not impossible to hold a conversation with me, its just you are looking for something that isn't there. I caused zero aggro. I talk football without getting personal. 

6 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

A Sheffield Weds supporting friend was really excited when they bought Rhodes - but has since come to admit that when he isn't scoring it is like playing with 10 men. He also disrupts the team pattern as he doesn''t have any great pace or ability to hold the ball up. Rhodes is one of the best finishers I have seen at Rovers for a while - but IMO the other aspects of his games are distinctly lower league - and as much as many would argue his goals kept us up, I would argue that equally his lack of pace and hold up play meant teams could compress us in our half which impacted our performances. Then again football is all about opinions - and many players seem to divide opinion these days. 

Great points made there

3 hours ago, dinglebasher said:

good signing

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Weren't we linked to Rothwell earlier this summer? I'm sure even the LT talked about our interest. So not completely out of the blue, just had gone quiet for a while.

yes it was but in January Pete O'Rourke linked us with him

2 hours ago, Biz said:

Said in his interview it had been going on since January... I do remember the link but can’t recall from whom.

Pete O'Rourke

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I am quite happy to sit back and trust Mowbray judgement on transfer and see who we signed. who would I sign? I don't know. Maybe Sam Winnall from Sheff Wednesday

Yes Rhodes was good here but I always felt his all round game wasn't good enough at times. My question why haven't Sheff Wed been playing him last season. 

Mowbray and Dunn have told you the reasons why he has step down, so why keep looking for something not there unless you think Dunn has lie to Mowbray about his reasons

NO its not impossible to hold a conversation with me, its just you are looking for something that isn't there. I caused zero aggro. I talk football without getting personal. 

Great points made there

good signing

Pete O'Rourke

What makes you say that Rothwell is a good signing? How often have you seen him play, and if its enough to judge, what will he add to our midfield?

Also, regarding Rhodes, dont think the deal could ever be done solely from a financial viewpoint. But lets not disregard by far our best player since we went down from the Premier League to this extent. Hes lost none of what he had when he was here bar confidence. But hes not affordable so its irrelevant.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Sam Winnall was signed by Wednesday from Barnsley for good money, sat on their bench and was then bombed out on loan to Derby.

My question is why are you so against Rhodes and keep mentioning him not getting in the Wednesday side yet you'd suggest his colleague as a potential target who also couldn't get in their side?

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What makes you say that Rothwell is a good signing? How often have you seen him play, and if its enough to judge, what will he add to our midfield?

Also, regarding Rhodes, dont think the deal could ever be done solely from a financial viewpoint. But lets not disregard by far our best player since we went down from the Premier League to this extent. Hes lost none of what he had when he was here bar confidence. But hes not affordable so its irrelevant.

I seen him a few times. Technical good, passing good, box to box midfielder.

for Rhodes, how do you know he hasn't lost any of his ability? 

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Sam Winnall was signed by Wednesday from Barnsley for good money, sat on their bench and was then bombed out on loan to Derby.

My question is why are you so against Rhodes and keep mentioning him not getting in the Wednesday side yet you'd suggest his colleague as a potential target who also couldn't get in their side?

Wasn't it just over 500k the fee for Winnall from Sheffield Wednesday. 

scored 7 goals in 19 games for Derby last season. Rhodes record last season was 5 goals in 31 league games

Edited by chaddyrovers

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Great points made there

good signing

Pete O'Rourke

No mate,

no 1 - I didn't call Mowbray a liar you implied I was which is out of order, It's news, it's Rovers so it's up for discussion it doesn't need your or any other snowflakes stamp of approval for it to be brought up and talked about. If you don't agree fine, if you don't like it butt out of it. You aren't the clubs official spokesperson nor a mod on this board.

no 2 - Dunn and Mowbray haven't told ME anything at all but i'm sure they'll be calling me soon they obviously speak directly to you.

No 3 - it'll all come out in time as it usually does.

No 4 - It really is time for the chadometer to return it's a source of great entertainment in the summer months. This time last year it's at boiling point with get rid of Danny Graham, if you dig around you'll find my posts saying it's imperative we keep him he'll do the business when it matters.

No 5 - See above, uncle tom always knows best.

No 6 - let's not have a long drawn out row and pish everyone off we'll leave it at that or take it to DM.

N0 7 - Goodnight !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Small boys in the park ! Jumpers for goalposts ! What's the score 96-4 ! Marvelous

But always next goal wins ??

• Like 1

Chaddy - Why do you feel you have to react to every single post on here like you are TM himself?

it gets very tiresome you coming on here and belittling everyone in one MASSIVE multi-quote post.

Please stop.

Your answers are all very Nixon-esque too, its like you do not even have your own opinion. You just churn out Nixon and other posters on here. Nothing original.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, neophox said:

Joe Rothwell turned down a new contract at Man UTD 2016 to go to Oxford for first team football. Did well in his first season and Did quite well last season in a stuggling side.. a bit like Dack. The guy could be a gem and a shrewd buy. Cheap and Young and talented. Judge him after some time.. 

Well said..

It's the way chaddy speaks to people and hides behind being dyslexic

I've almost snapped at him a few times because he comes across as extremely rude and condescending at times although can have a good debate on football when he's not being or seeming like that 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What the hell are you on chaddy you go on about his 40k wages then previously mentioned bolton not being able to afford grahams wages ....aaargh chaddy ssssh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoldierMo said:

What the hell are you on chaddy you go on about his 40k wages then previously mentioned bolton not being able to afford grahams wages ....aaargh chaddy ssssh

Unless Wednesday are paying 80% of his wages there's no chance Rhodes is going to Bolton or us for that matter on loan, not sure what Wednesday are gunna do with him.  They don't want him but finding a team willing to take his wages on is going to be a big job! Such a shame for Rhodes. Can't say a bad word about him from his time here his goals kept us up one year and nearly got us into the play offs the next. I hope he can find his form again some day. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

It's the way chaddy speaks to people and hides behind being dyslexic

I've almost snapped at him a few times because he comes across as extremely rude and condescending at times although can have a good debate on football when he's not being or seeming like that 

I have never hide about my dyslexic but been very open and honest about it. I'm always open and honest about everything and if anything too open and honest for my own good. 

Now can we get back to talking about football and Blackburn Rovers. 

• Like 1

The only ones who'll pay the big whack towards his wages are likely to be ones in with a shout of challenging the top so Weds wouldn't be keen on that unless they are desperate to shift him. So it's no wonder names like Bolton crop up but not too long ago I think their wage ceiling was capped at 4.5k pwk by FUP so there's next to zero chance of it happening.

Especially now they've loaded that midfield dynamo onto their books !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

The link to Rothwell has been discussed since last January.

Been an open secret for weeks on the Oxford message boards. At least 3 weeks ago it was described as a 'done deal'

Seems that he has shown promise for a long time but never held down a regular place under any of 4 different managers at Oxford. Had a few spells out injured too.

See how it goes.