BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You heard of players we are interest JB that we havent been linked to?

Nope, if Rothwell is anything to go by nobody's getting the right info either!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Arent they investing like 3 or 4 million pounds but not stupid amount of cash like Forest and Leeds have in the past to zero achievement and still in this league. 

I don't know, are they ? Talk is cheap, let's see some action. The Rothwell signing isn't going to break the bank.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I heard the total budget for transfers, agents, contract renews and wages this year is 10m more than last year. Contract renewals of Conway and Graham mean we have 8.8 left before Rothwell.

I recall a figure of £8m from last year so £18m isn't too bad. That said new contracts for existing players should be quite significant. 

52 minutes ago, J*B said:

Nope, if Rothwell is anything to go by nobody's getting the right info either!

That's exactly how it should be. In the recent past there has been too much information leaked out of Ewood with the likes of Nixon having several sources. His abject efforts since Mowbray arrived prove he is past his sell by date and cannot be taken seriously anymore.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I heard the total budget for transfers, agents, contract renews and wages this year is 10m more than last year. Contract renewals of Conway and Graham mean we have 8.8 left before Rothwell.

If the budget is £10m more than last year and Conway and Graham were  both included in last year's budget then that means they have had a combined yearly pay increase of £1.2m. Considering Mowbray was at pains to point out that ageing players have to be realistic in their demands I doubt that suggested wage increase is accurate. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

If the budget is £10m more than last year and Conway and Graham were  both included in last year's budget then that means they have had a combined yearly pay increase of £1.2m. Considering Mowbray was at pains to point out that ageing players have to be realistic in their demands I doubt that suggested wage increase is accurate. 

I suppose other players may have had promotion wage increases incorporated into their contracts, but those figures seem a little disjointed. 

Have a feeling TM will watch today's game with a pint of real ale then head off to Blackburn to announce signing number 2 of the summer. 

Would it not make more sense for TM to decide after the Austria trip?

Personally i'd much rather we waited until he's assessed the young lads from the academy before he splashes any cash. 

Otherwise whats the point? even DJ has said some are ready. I keep reading about young lads from this team or that team but what about our

Granted they've hardly/not any experience but at least  they should be given a chance

We could have some hidden gems there and not realise it

And before any moaners start whinging, i honestly believe with the squad we have now we will finish mid table

Have faith boys have faith!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pomster said:

Personally i'd much rather we waited until he's assessed the young lads from the academy before he splashes any cash. 

Otherwise whats the point? even DJ has said some are ready. I keep reading about young lads from this team or that team but what about our

Granted they've hardly/not any experience but at least  they should be given a chance

And before any moaners start whinging, i honestly believe with the squad we have now we will finish mid table

Stop being sensible, we won't have that on here. The fans want the under 23s to get a chance, but they also want 5 new signing to go straight into the team. Hopefully the opposition won't notice we have 15 players on the field 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pomster said:

What's mid table though were do we go the season after that ?

7 hours ago, J*B said:

Probably more realistic is it's 10 mill, which is more than last seasons 8 or whatever it was for the first team side of things.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who is this 6 million striker with sell on value that you want us to sign? 

Already replied to this one big dog have a read back. 

Where's the investment ?

Edited by JAL

I think the injury-proneness has come from the Oldham boards. Perhaps he doesn't particularly get serious injuries so much but more niggles that mean he starts from the bench more than being fit enough to start games. Those 80+ appearances could quite easily contain half of them being from the bench. I don't know the facts or can be bothered to look but it would seem that reading the Oldham boards previously a few on their mentioned him being injury-prone.

He did also have a serious injury at Utd didnt he? Again, not sure.

54 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I think the injury-proneness has come from the Oldham boards. Perhaps he doesn't particularly get serious injuries so much but more niggles that mean he starts from the bench more than being fit enough to start games. Those 80+ appearances could quite easily contain half of them being from the bench. I don't know the facts or can be bothered to look but it would seem that reading the Oldham boards previously a few on their mentioned him being injury-prone.

Who are we signing from Oldham?

2 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

Who are we signing from Oldham?

Well I'm taking a guess here (as I can't be bothered looking) but my guess is Rothwell played for them at some point between his spells at Oxford and Man United's youth system. 

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

40 appearances from the bench (if that's even accurate and I'm not criticising because I can't be bothered to look either) hardly suggests he's that injury prone. I've heard of bringing people back gradually but that would seem excessive.

Edited by Vinjay17

20 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Well I'm taking a guess here (as I can't be bothered looking) but my guess is Rothwell played for them at some point between his spells at Oxford and Man United's youth system. 

40 appearances from the bench (if that's even accurate and I'm not criticising because I can't be bothered to look either) hardly suggests he's that injury prone. I've heard of bringing people back gradually but that would seem excessive.

25 starts out of 36 league games he played him last season..

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

25 starts out of 36 league games he played him last season..

"He" would be Clotet, Derek Fazackerley and Robinson?

EDIT-Oops I realise you meant "played in".

Sod it I've looked at Wikipedia and he's never played for Oldham. As Ladyboys says it was the "Oxford forum" Jacknory meant not Oldham. 69 appearances for Oxford over 2 seasons and I'm not sure whether that includes cup appearances. Wikipedia only seems to show League apps in the stats for whatever reason.

Edited by Vinjay17