BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

57 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bolton about to sign Jack Rodwell apparently. That guys career has taken a serious detour. The curse of young players going to big clubs too early in their careers 

What a load of crap from 73k a week to peanuts at Bolton? He is off to America by all accounts one things for sure it isn’t bolton

2 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

I’d rate Bauer at CB well before Lenihan.

Chapman or Conway.... tough choice

One is good at attacking, the same one couldn’t defend to save his life. The other is a good fella who will always work hard for the team and has bags more experience of first team football.

All things considered, you’re bang on. A tough choice.

Bolton are being linked with everyone. Probably because they're desperate and have agents crawling all over them. Opposite to us really. Unless they've suddenly struck oil under one of those car parks then they haven't got any money. Links to Rhodes and Rodwell laughable unless they're both dropping their wages to 10k a week.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

What a load of crap from 73k a week to peanuts at Bolton? He is off to America by all accounts one things for sure it isn’t bolton

Really Mr Expert. Who is your source? 

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6657079/jack-rodwell-in-talks-with-bolton-after-finishing-disastrous-sunderland-spell/amp/

Just now, bob fleming said:

Rodwell / Nixon.

Chortle, snigger etc  https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2018/6/29/17518378/surely-not-rumours-surrounding-the-future-of-sunderland-misfit-rodwell-surface-wheres-he-off

All in the name of “drumming up interest”. For free. Good old Alan.

Does anyone else remember anything about one of the conspiracy theories in which our favourite journo was actively involved with certain agents?

22 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

You've had a 'mare there son. Never believe Nixon. 

It's been reported in other places also

I just clicked on the first article, I didn't even know Nixon wrote for the sun. I only follow him on Twitter. I actually thought he wrote for the mirror 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

19 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Does anyone else remember anything about one of the conspiracy theories in which our favourite journo was actively involved with certain agents?

Yep. Funny how he turned up on here around about then. Everything engineered just to buy a little bit more time, to keep the illusion going. Fact is if “wee Stevie gem” hadn’t been so thick / antagonistic they’d have bled a bit more out over a longer period of time.

Anyway, we digress, back to the hot topic of transfers.

Just now, bob fleming said:

Yep. Funny how he turned up on here around about then. Everything engineered just to buy a little bit more time, to keep the illusion going. Fact is if “wee Stevie gem” hadn’t been so thick / antagonistic they’d have bled a bit more out over a longer period of time.

Anyway, we digress, back to the hot topic of transfers.

He was here well before the Venkys and Anderson turned up.

It was Nixon who.broke the Santa Cruz to Rovers  story and the Craig Bellamy story before that.

Il be honest I have heard the rumour about Nixon being in cahoots with Anderson and other's and in my opinion it's a load of nonsense. 

Yeah he talks a lot of shite and doesn't help himself with his love in for Owen Coyle and calling a Kean a wee gem after his first presser but he was writing on this  message board well before Anderson was around.

He used to break a lot of transfer stories for rovers but obviously since the Venkys came in his contact at the club must no longer be employed

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's been reported in other places also

I just clicked on the first article, I didn't even know Nixon wrote for the sun. I only follow him on Twitter. I actually thought he wrote for the mirror 

You don't follow him, becuase he blocked you ? 

"no, Alan blocked me for being a fud 

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He was here well before the Venkys and Anderson turned up.

It was Nixon who.broke the Santa Cruz to Rovers  story and the Craig Bellamy story before that.

Il be honest I have heard the rumour about Nixon being in cahoots with Anderson and other's and in my opinion it's a load of nonsense. 

Yeah he talks a lot of shite and doesn't help himself with his love in for Owen Coyle and calling a Kean a wee gem after his first presser but he was writing on this  message board well before Anderson was around.

He used to break a lot of transfer stories for rovers but obviously since the Venkys came in his contact at the club must no longer be employed

Anderson and co dealt with Rovers as well before Venkys pitched up, think about it ?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AAK said:

You don't follow him, becuase he blocked you ? 

"no, Alan blocked me for being a fud 

I can still follow him, I just can't @ him. I think anyway, he banned me years ago. I'd say 2011. It was Kean related. I haven't checked recently. I can see his tweets anyway 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Anderson and co dealt with Rovers as well before Venkys pitched up, think about it ?

Yeah but that many years before?Alan Nixon being part of some conspiracy with Anderson and SEM is something I'm not buying.

He was reporting on rovers for years and was one of the only reporters who actually covered Rovers in the transfer market.

He even made an appearance on that documentary "The house that Jack built".

I'm not a nickoteen or what ever they used be called on here,and I get that he talks shite and can be very ignorant on social media but Nixon through the walker years got plenty if transfer stories involving Rovers right

11 hours ago, islander200 said:

Yeah but that many years before?Alan Nixon being part of some conspiracy with Anderson and SEM is something I'm not buying.

He was reporting on rovers for years and was one of the only reporters who actually covered Rovers in the transfer market.

I'm not a nickoteen or what ever they used be called on here,and I get that he talks shite and can be very ignorant on social media but Nixon through the walker years got plenty if transfer stories involving Rovers right

He did indeed he's always had a foot in the Rovers camp but times change and the way journos work has changed massively as has the role of agents since that docu was made.

There's no conspiracy but he has a foot in some agency camps for sure and will obviously show favour to them and their clients when he has too. Along the way he'll still get the odd scoop but not so much Rovers unless his pals have a few people in situ which they still obviously did with  Coyle.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, islander200 said:

He joined this website shortly before they bought the club, when I say shortly I’m talking maybe 6 months before.

Funny that. I thought, “that’s funny”.

• Like 1

Hey big dog I am no expert but if you believe what is written in the sun AND you know a bit about our local rivals YOU could easily work it out for yourself. Let me repeat bwfc have no money and can only sign freebies!

you don’t need sources for that info it’s on every pair of lips of their own fans

Chapman over Conway anyday of the week and twice on Tuesday. What is with this Conway lovefest, he can barely run for gods sake. If we play a 4-2-3-1 like we did last year for most of the season, then you need a left winger who is quick on the break and can beat a man. More focus on going forward. 

Have Evans and Smallwood do the dirty work, we need someone in the team with pace.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 3