BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I noticed Rich Sharpe replied to someone on Twitter saying 'Premier league loans proving difficult at this stage'. 

Wonder if that's partly  because in the cases of players like Barrow and Chapman we tend to use players we loan from Clubs higher up than ourselves to fill spaces on the bench rather than giving them much game time?

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Most of last summers signings were out of the blue. People seem to be equating newspaper tittle tattle with meaningful news. Mowbray has said bids are in for players. 

If that's true then they obviously haven't been accepted.

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The Samuel red card was down to his own idiocy and petulance anyway but he didnt even start that game so thats a misconception that the red card was what cost him. You can dress it up as much as you like, not scoring from December onwards is unacceptable for a striker. He showed nothing to suggest he could be a competent striker at a much higher level. Got a bit of pace but doesnt hold the ball up and cant finish his dinner.

If Gladwin has any talent he hides it bloody well! The guys horrendous. Hope he never kicks a ball in a Rovers shirt again and I dont think he will.

The squad now would really struggle as it is now because it has absolutely no width, pace or excitement now Armstrong, Payne and Chapman bave gone back. We have no wingers. But its a silly argument because obviously we will make signings. Hopefully one of which is buying Armstrong.

Why was your phone buzzing like mad when we signed Rothwell? Haha. Sentences like that will have JAL asking if youre his agent.

We're obviously not going to agree on this but I wouldn't write Gladwin off just yet. I only saw him play in that egg cup game at Rochdale but I could see he had ability. He's got a good touch for a big guy and two good feet. He's not a flier but he has a clever change of pace and he could go past people on either side. He played out wide left at first and after we went down to 10 he came more inside. He was the only one that night who looked like he had some ceativity. Funnily enough he never played again after that game because he was injured. I'm wondering wether he was already carrying an injury when he came and he was trying to disguise the fact until it broke down completely.

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The Samuel red card was down to his own idiocy and petulance anyway but he didnt even start that game so thats a misconception that the red card was what cost him. You can dress it up as much as you like, not scoring from December onwards is unacceptable for a striker. He showed nothing to suggest he could be a competent striker at a much higher level. Got a bit of pace but doesnt hold the ball up and cant finish his dinner.

If Gladwin has any talent he hides it bloody well! The guys horrendous. Hope he never kicks a ball in a Rovers shirt again and I dont think he will.

The squad now would really struggle as it is now because it has absolutely no width, pace or excitement now Armstrong, Payne and Chapman bave gone back. We have no wingers. But its a silly argument because obviously we will make signings. Hopefully one of which is buying Armstrong.

Why was your phone buzzing like mad when we signed Rothwell? Haha. Sentences like that will have JAL asking if youre his agent.

hasn't Graham gone through bad scoring spells in his career. 

I see Gladwin played well in certain games and the type of player he is. talent is there. Hopefully Mowbray can get that out of him. 

on width? depends who he plays wide and how we played style and formation wise. I would suggest we play on the counter/defensively style. Dack will have more room and space at this level. Mowbray has said he has got offers in for players. 

because my phones beep and vibration when Rovers or Rich Sharpe tweet, so that's why. Plus a couple of friends txt me the news as they knew I wasn't in

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The fact we've signed Rothwell in itself is a sign that funds are very limited I'd say. If they weren't we'd be setting our sights considerably higher than an injury prone out of contract player who didn't really even set League 1 alight. It's certainly not a sign to the contrary that funds aren't an issue although I take your point that the Club kept the signing of Rothwell well under wraps so maybe there are one or two other deals imminently in the pipeline we Don't know about.

I have to agree with another poster ( tom phil?) though who speculated that we are probably concentrating on cheaper options who are out of contract and many of them will only become free agents on July 1st which may partially explain the lack of obvious activity to date.

nothing to suggest funds are limited

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

He has metallised - he runs like the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz.??

you knew what I meant. no reason for sly comments

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

At the meeting Mowbray said that Chapman would have to accept a role on the bench if he came here and that if Chapman was happy to do that he would love to sign him.  At the moment, Mowbray said that Chapman wouldn't be a starter if he signed.

would be great signing for us. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

At this moment in time everything points to Mowbray having been given next to nothing to spend. Unless we are waiting for England to get knocked out of the World Cup so we can make an offer for Harry Kane.

no it doesn't. just because nopthing is leaking out of Rovers does not mean there is no money. Its great to see there is no links 

51 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I noticed Rich Sharpe replied to someone on Twitter saying 'Premier league loans proving difficult at this stage'. I sincerely hope that we aren't putting our faith in the loan market at this stage. Decent loans are extremely thin on the ground at this stage and most don't come available until parent clubs are ready to let them. We need our own signings in for the start of the season, a couple of loans to fill out the squad as and when they come available.

that reply was to me actually. Mowbray has phone calls in to other clubs and waiting for their response. it will be after the season started but it will be 1 or 2 players. It similar to Mowbray receiving calls from league 1 and 2 club managers enquiring about our good young players like Travis, Wharton, Tomlinson, Fisher and Nuttall

10 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Most of last summers signings were out of the blue. People seem to be equating newspaper tittle tattle with meaningful news. Mowbray has said bids are in for players. 

very true but its the way Mowbray like to run it. nothing in the public domain. We have very little to discuss

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

We re doing our business quietly ..and for a messageboard this is is hard to take  because weve nowt to argue about !

Hot weather ..lack of rumours makes many on here tetchy !

exactly. Nothing is leaking out of Rovers at all. Mowbray is keeping his cards close to his chest. just like Rothwell signing. out of the blue

12 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Or rejected.

Might have been. 

If we were to bid £1m for Messi then technically a bid would be "in" but I wouldn't have thought Barcelona would bother wasting their time formally rejecting it.

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

I think you're struggling now. 

Not really. You're the one clutching at straws saying bids might not have been rejected. All we know for certaint is that the players allegedly the subject of various bids have not signed on the dotted line for us.

It might simply be because there is still time left in the window but in my view all the signs so far indicate that we Don't have much money to spend and are struggling a bit to bring the right calibre of player in.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not really. You're the one clutching at straws saying bids might not have been rejected. All we know for certaint is that the players allegedly the subject of various bids have not signed on the dotted line for us.

It might simply be because there is still time left in the window but in my view all the signs so far indicate that we Don't have much money to spend and are struggling a bit to bring the right calibre of player in.

As Mowbray explained at the meeting, players tend to wait until nearer the end of the window before committing themselves to a club, particularly if they have several clubs chasing them.  They wait until they can weigh up all the offers and then select the best one for them.  From what Mowbray said it would appear that he has a budget he is happy with and knows the players he wants.  Only time will tell if they arrive here or opt for elsewhere.  It's the same reason why Mowbray said he wasn't letting any of the youngsters out on loan too early until he has seen them in pre-season and the progress they have made. 

Just now, Parsonblue said:

As Mowbray explained at the meeting, players tend to wait until nearer the end of the window before committing themselves to a club, particularly if they have several clubs chasing them.  They wait until they can weigh up all the offers and then select the best one for them.  From what Mowbray said it would appear that he has a budget he is happy with and knows the players he wants.  Only time will tell if they arrive here or opt for elsewhere.  It's the same reason why Mowbray said he wasn't letting any of the youngsters out on loan too early until he has seen them in pre-season and the progress they have made. 

So they might end up here but they might not and we might be scrubbing around for replacements ar the last minute?

I would have hoped our approach would have been a lot more organised and a lot less hit and miss than that.

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not really. Mowbray said bids were in and you wrongly assumed that meant they had been rejected because nobody else had signed. You then used Messi as an example  to back up your point. You're struggling mate. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So they might end up here but they might not and we might be scrubbing around for replacements ar the last minute?

I would have hoped our approach would have been a lot more organised and a lot less hit and miss than that.

No, because like he also said if plan A doesn't come off he will move on to his other targets. They don't just have one target for every position and then give up if they don't get them. 

Maybe pay attention to what Mowbray says in his interviews. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I see Gladwin played well in certain games and the type of player he is. talent is there. Hopefully Mowbray can get that out of him. 

on width? depends who he plays wide and how we played style and formation wise. I would suggest we play on the counter/defensively style. Dack will have more room and space at this level. Mowbray has said he has got offers in for players. 

because my phones beep and vibration when Rovers or Rich Sharpe tweet, so that's why. Plus a couple of friends txt me the news as they knew I wasn't in

no it doesn't. just because nopthing is leaking out of Rovers does not mean there is no money. Its great to see there is no links 

that reply was to me actually. Mowbray has phone calls in to other clubs and waiting for their response. it will be after the season started but it will be 1 or 2 players. It similar to Mowbray receiving calls from league 1 and 2 club managers enquiring about our good young players like Travis, Wharton, Tomlinson, Fisher and Nuttall

very true but its the way Mowbray like to run it. nothing in the public domain. We have very little to discuss

exactly. Nothing is leaking out of Rovers at all. Mowbray is keeping his cards close to his chest. just like Rothwell signing. out of the blue

It was humour not a sly comment. I wish we would sign some players and you could then stop being so tetchy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Graham has yes but hes in the main scored goals throughout his career. Samuel has no proven record of scoring goals. 

Graham has the added plus of even if he doesnt score, he still contributes immensely, look at his hold up and ability to link and its a world apart from Samuel. Therefore your comparison to him is baseless.

Which games did Gladwin play well in? The talent isnt there sadly, hence why QPR fans were laughing at us when he signed and soon proved them right with his initial performances. Nowhere near good enough and needs to move on.

Regarding Chapman, find it totally bizarre that Mowbray is coming out and saying that hypothetically he wouldnt start. I've no idea why he has it in his head that Chapman wouldnt be pushing for a start, in fact hed be one of the first names on the teamsheet solely due to the weakness and lack of players in that position. Was hoping his stubbornness in the way he dealt with flair and pace in Chapman/Payne last season, refusing to consider them for starts (in the main) and playing safer but far less productive players (Conway, Antonsson etc) was a slight blot on his in the main good copybook.

I wouldnt sign Chapman as ive said previously due to his injury issues. But I would hope that Mowbray would be able to give more license to any pacy, flair players we bring in this season. He certainly deserves credit for getting the best out of Dack but wed be so much more of a threat if he could loosen up and find a place for someone to add an alternative threat in the same time. On the rare occasions that Dack had Chapman or Payne on the same pitch, as well as Armstrong, we looked in my opinion far more threatening as they were on the same wave length. When we had Conway, Bennett or Antonsson wide we lacked that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bob fleming said:

Ach, fair play there then fella. Apologies. 

You can see how I got that wrong though, I guess there was more for him to post about when the circus came to town and he turned into a cult.

In part due to his "50 Million warchest" comment

• Moderation Lead
16 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I suppose The Sun and Nixon don’t have any form for lying, to be fair....

’Phil Parkinson hopes to tempt Rodwell to Bolton’.

I hope to tempt Scarlett Johansson to be Mrs K-Hod, but I’m also realistic...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It was humour not a sly comment. I wish we would sign some players and you could then stop being so tetchy.

no tetchy from me. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Graham has yes but hes in the main scored goals throughout his career. Samuel has no proven record of scoring goals. 

Graham has the added plus of even if he doesnt score, he still contributes immensely, look at his hold up and ability to link and its a world apart from Samuel. Therefore your comparison to him is baseless.

Which games did Gladwin play well in? The talent isnt there sadly, hence why QPR fans were laughing at us when he signed and soon proved them right with his initial performances. Nowhere near good enough and needs to move on.

Regarding Chapman, find it totally bizarre that Mowbray is coming out and saying that hypothetically he wouldnt start. I've no idea why he has it in his head that Chapman wouldnt be pushing for a start, in fact hed be one of the first names on the teamsheet solely due to the weakness and lack of players in that position. Was hoping his stubbornness in the way he dealt with flair and pace in Chapman/Payne last season, refusing to consider them for starts (in the main) and playing safer but far less productive players (Conway, Antonsson etc) was a slight blot on his in the main good copybook.

I wouldnt sign Chapman as ive said previously due to his injury issues. But I would hope that Mowbray would be able to give more license to any pacy, flair players we bring in this season. He certainly deserves credit for getting the best out of Dack but wed be so much more of a threat if he could loosen up and find a place for someone to add an alternative threat in the same time. On the rare occasions that Dack had Chapman or Payne on the same pitch, as well as Armstrong, we looked in my opinion far more threatening as they were on the same wave length. When we had Conway, Bennett or Antonsson wide we lacked that.

for me, Samuel has contributed last season. 

sorry, But I seen Gladwin played very well for Swindon and was highly rated during his time there. I aint assed about QPR fans view. 

I had no problem with the way Mowbray used Chapman or Payne last season. He used Chapman the correct way. and Yes I would be very happy with Chapman signing here permanently and it would be good investment. Would he start the 1st game against Ipswich. I think I would start him on the bench and bring him on after 60/65 mins when Ipswich defence will be tiring. I suspect the first game will be very tight game.