BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

• Moderation Lead
56 minutes ago, JAL said:

Any outside interest being shown in the two Mowbray dummies Dominic Samuel and Gladwin yet ?

Stop it please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So they might end up here but they might not and we might be scrubbing around for replacements ar the last minute?

I would have hoped our approach would have been a lot more organised and a lot less hit and miss than that.

'Rev  hardly any clubs have made signings so far.Its a world cup year,higher placed teams will probably be keeping hold of the players they are willing to let go until their internationals return.

Mowbray and the squad have been in Austria this past week,id  start getting worried if we don't have quality new faces in within the next 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So they might end up here but they might not and we might be scrubbing around for replacements ar the last minute?

I would have hoped our approach would have been a lot more organised and a lot less hit and miss than that.

The manager has identified the players he wants, he has already had discussions with some but, as he pointed out, the players are in the box seat at the moment and can sit back and wait to see what other offers come in.  As the window draws to a close they make their choice.  I'm not sure how much more organised you can be than identify players and open discussions with players and then have to wait for the player to decide if the move suits them or not.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

no tetchy from me. 

for me, Samuel has contributed last season. 

sorry, But I seen Gladwin played very well for Swindon and was highly rated during his time there. I aint assed about QPR fans view. 

I had no problem with the way Mowbray used Chapman or Payne last season. He used Chapman the correct way. and Yes I would be very happy with Chapman signing here permanently and it would be good investment. Would he start the 1st game against Ipswich. I think I would start him on the bench and bring him on after 60/65 mins when Ipswich defence will be tiring. I suspect the first game will be very tight game. 

How many games of Swindons did you watch? I'll hazard a guess, very few if any. Looking at his stats he had one season where he got 8 goals from midfield, in League 1, considering he spent 4 seasons there that suggests its the exception to the rule. In the Championship for QPR he far from impressed. You aren't arsed about their views because you only take on board positive appraisals of our players. Crucially, neither of us really know how he did aside from at Rovers, we dont see him play for Swindon or QPR, weve seen him in a Rovers shirt and every time he put one on he was shocking. Agreed?

You dont have to be apologetic and defend every single action Mowbray makes. I dont get why you are already deciding that team selection, the seasons over a month away and we have no idea what other wingers we will have. You are only saying it to back up Mowbray so its difficult to debate with you.

You say he used Chapman the correct way. He started him once, at home to Portsmouth, he got an assist, he was excellent and he proved that he could have an impact from the start. Their defence had no idea how to deal with both him and Dack together and we comfortably won. Then he got dropped for the next game, we offered no attacking threat and he came on late and got injured and we never saw him again.

If he did sign, I would want it to be permanently and I would want Mowbray to take off the shackles a bit. He wouldnt sign to sit on our bench anyway if he has anything about him, but he could offer us a great counter attacking threat if he was given starts.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

At this moment in time everything points to Mowbray having been given next to nothing to spend. Unless we are waiting for England to get knocked out of the World Cup so we can make an offer for Harry Kane.

Premature assumption. For me, this block during the transfer window is about tempting clubs with offers for players with 12 months or fewer remaining on their contracts.

The Chapman's, Payne's, Bauer's and Rothwell's.

4 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

At the meeting Mowbray said that Chapman would have to accept a role on the bench if he came here and that if Chapman was happy to do that he would love to sign him.  At the moment, Mowbray said that Chapman wouldn't be a starter if he signed.

If he’d said Chapman would be a certain starter the price and salary probably would’ve doubled. If we can get him at bench player prices he’s worth a punt with that injury; if we can’t, he isn’t.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

The manager has identified the players he wants, he has already had discussions with some but, as he pointed out, the players are in the box seat at the moment and can sit back and wait to see what other offers come in.  As the window draws to a close they make their choice.  I'm not sure how much more organised you can be than identify players and open discussions with players and then have to wait for the player to decide if the move suits them or not.

So when he led us to believe he would  get his transfer business over early, he didn't realise all that or he'd forgotten?

Edited by 47er

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

If he’d said Chapman would be a certain starter the price and salary probably would’ve doubled. If we can get him at bench player prices he’s worth a punt with that injury; if we can’t, he isn’t.

Unconvinced by that, based on how he used him last season, and then when he went, he brought in Payne and used him in the same way.

33 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

DL has agreed and signed for the next 4 years

Let's hope Darragh has been working hard on his thirty, forty yard forward passing because it was abysmal last season waiting for Darragh to play you through whilst he over hit the the ball time and again.

Good luck Darragh.

Edited by JAL

Just now, JAL said:

It's called looking for improvement in two lads that struggled in league one last season.

Is it? I call it being derogatory!

Completely unnecessary

Edited by pomster
  • Like 2

Just now, JAL said:

Let's hope Darragh has been working hard on his thirty, forty yard forward passing because it was abysmal last season waiting for Darragh to play you through whilst he over hit the the ball time and again.

Good luck Darragh.

Hope hes worked on his short passing too. 

Ok player, decent tackler, but he thinks hes better than he is and when he makes a mistake its never his fault. 

Just now, toogs said:

Hope hes worked on his short passing too. 

Ok player, decent tackler, but he thinks hes better than he is and when he makes a mistake its never his fault. 

Lenihan is your squad player your Nicky Marker that can slot in in several positions were needed. Because the squad quality is poor he can command a regular spot.

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

I possibly played to a higher standard than you. That doesn't make your point about Lenihan accurate. I'd suggest you're another on here that doesn't go to games. 

Bradford at home and Oxford at home Darragh demonstrated many times his lack of accuracy over twenty yards. 

It's now been highlighted , wether you like it or not, let see how next season pans out for Lenihan.

Just now, JAL said:

Bradford at home and Oxford at home Darragh demonstrated many times his lack of accuracy over twenty yards. 

It's now been highlighted , wether you like it or not, let see how next season pans out for Lenihan.

Is there a Rovers player you like?

• Like 2

Just now, JAL said:

Is there any players you do like or dont slag off?  Are you a Dingle in disguise? ... think you are

• Like 1