BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Biz said:

Cracking ball in by Samuel that, not bad for a striker out wide. Write him off at your own peril! 

Criticism of Samuel on here is a bit over the top at times. He contributed his share of goals last season and showed glimpses of real talent during some games like the example above.

He still has a lot to prove, but the fact he is working hard to do so is a real positive and I hope he does well next season. 

• Like 6

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

I bet that took some finding! 

Nope. As we’ve discussed, the social media at a Ewood this year has been much better- this is today’s example of our “1 goal a day from last season”- ending when next season starts. 

30 minutes ago, JAL said:

Lenihan is your squad player your Nicky Marker that can slot in in several positions were needed. Because the squad quality is poor he can command a regular spot.

Yep good squad player that's why he might command some interest, personally thought he was decent at CH last season when he got his fitness back but I wasn't convinced in him in that position in the Champ.

Hopefully 12 month down the line he's settled down a bit and will make the grade he'll be worth a few quid if he does. Probably a bit harsh expecting defence splitting forward passes from young lge 1 / Championship centre halves though ?

48 minutes ago, Miker said:

Criticism of Samuel on here is a bit over the top at times. He contributed his share of goals last season and showed glimpses of real talent during some games like the example above.

He still has a lot to prove, but the fact he is working hard to do so is a real positive and I hope he does well next season. 

He didnt contribute his share of goals, he didnt score post November!

Thats a terrific cross but we didnt see the likes nearly enough and thats what people are saying.

Everyone hopes he does well next year, goes without saying.

4 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

The manager has identified the players he wants, he has already had discussions with some but, as he pointed out, the players are in the box seat at the moment and can sit back and wait to see what other offers come in.  As the window draws to a close they make their choice.  I'm not sure how much more organised you can be than identify players and open discussions with players and then have to wait for the player to decide if the move suits them or not.

I'm stating the bleeding obvious here but if there's a target you particularly want , and presumably you have already done your homework on what both Club and player want, you get it over the line.

How can you plan anything when you've no idea whether some  any or all of your targets will end up joining?

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm stating the bleeding obvious here but if there's a target you particularly want , and presumably you have already done your homework on what both Club and player want, you get it over the line.

How can you plan anything when you've no idea whether some  any or all of your targets will end up joining?

How can you know a players availability before you’ve even enquired? 

42 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Come on Rev, you've surely seen many deals over the years, here and elsewhere, take weeks or months to be completed. We chased Rhodes for a long time, for just one example. These things don't just get done in a few days all the time. There are often long negotiation processes involved with the clubs and players, with everyone trying to get the best deal. I know this isn't news to you.

25 minutes ago, Biz said:

League football is a very small world. Any experienced manager worth his salt will know who's likely to be available. It's not like the days when we were signing players from all over the world anymore.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

League football is a very small world. Any experienced manager worth his salt will know who's likely to be available. It's not like the days when we were signing players from all over the world anymore.

I agree to some extent but the hopeful side of me thinks they’d draw a list up based on ability, not availability. The depth in the scouting then counts, if the first or second choice for a position isn’t likely due to price/interest.

Id like to think we’d left the days of relying on a “list” from an agent.

56 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

At this moment it isn't.

What makes you say that?

Correct me if I am wrong. But aren't a majority of the players we have been linked with so far in the category of players who have 12 months of less left on contracts?

Surely you prioritise those players first in the hopes of beating off competition?

I love a 4-4-2 diamond like what Uraguay are playing right now. Proper little and large striker combo, proper footballer(Dack) in behind the strikers, a tough defensive midfielder kicking people, wingers are more in a support role than attack. Would suit us.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JAL said:

Let's hope Darragh has been working hard on his thirty, forty yard forward passing because it was abysmal last season waiting for Darragh to play you through whilst he over hit the the ball time and again.

Good luck Darragh.

As long as his tackling, heading, positioning and other defensive duties are upto scratch, I couldn't give a monkeys if he can play 40 and 50 yard Hollywood passes. DL's agent scouse too?

Edited by BiggusMickus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz said:

I take it You're on the wind up with that comment and have heard of agents. A bit of initial spadework will uncover whether or not the player is likely to be open to the idea of a move and whether or not his personal terms are likely to be roughly within budget.