BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Started with three at the back at Southend, home to Doncaster and at Charlton and lost all three. That's 60% of the games we lost. The vast majority of games we won last season were with a back four - fact.

Home to Barnet as well iirc until we had to change it at half time because we were getting humiliated by the team bottom of Div 4.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2018 at 13:40, Parsonblue said:

The manager has identified the players he wants, he has already had discussions with some but, as he pointed out, the players are in the box seat at the moment and can sit back and wait to see what other offers come in.  As the window draws to a close they make their choice.  I'm not sure how much more organised you can be than identify players and open discussions with players and then have to wait for the player to decide if the move suits them or not.

I'm sorry, but if you adopt this attitude in any business you'd go under inside 12 months. In any business deal you have to be aggressive in your pursuits and conclude it as quickly as possible. Acting like we are is doomed to failure.

Just now, LDRover said:

I'm sorry, but if you adopt this attitude in any business you'd go under inside 12 months. In any business deal you have to be aggressive in your pursuits and conclude it as quickly as possible. Acting like we are is doomed to failure.

I think 21 other Championship clubs are similarly doomed.

Boro are Wolves style gambling.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

From this, i've taken that you believe everything you read, and that you have far lower standards if you feel that Bennett LAST SEASON, Samuel or Gladwin contributed enough and made you happy.

In Bennetts defence, he has performed better previously.

Bennett was superb and my player of the season.  We have weaknesses but he isn't one of them.

• Like 3

Just now, philipl said:

I think 21 other Championship clubs are similarly doomed.

Boro are Wolves style gambling.

I'd suggest they are sitting on their hands waiting to see what offers they have to beat. TM would be better served saying he's holding back in a similar way tather than showing his hand early. I've absolutely no problem in us signing players late in the close season but if we  do play our hand we have to do it aggressively.

Just now, Pedro said:

Bennett was superb and my player of the season.  We have weaknesses but he isn't one of them.

In the first half of the season, on the wing, he didnt contribute nearly enough for a man of his ability at that level. Very few assists and no goals until Wimbledon away.

When he moved to the centre of midfield, and latterly right back, his performances were very good. 

I never said he was one of our weaknesses, his problem is what position suits him best.

That said, half of the people who voted for him as player of the season including reasons such as his social media usage, his fist pump etc, which should have nothing to do with anything.

Just now, LDRover said:

I'd suggest they are sitting on their hands waiting to see what offers they have to beat. TM would be better served saying he's holding back in a similar way tather than showing his hand early. I've absolutely no problem in us signing players late in the close season but if we  do play our hand we have to do it aggressively.

Now we are guessing what is really going on. Mowbray has scarcely shown his hand compared with the old days when Managers named who they were looking to sign. If you doubt me, think back to how Mike England and Keith Newton left.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Bit OTT.

For me he was dreadful on the right wing, excellent in central midfield, and solid but unspectacular when filling in for Nyambe at TH.

On the evidence of last season his best position is definitely CM but whether he could make an impression there in the Championship must be debatable.

I'd like to see an experienced Championship midfielder come in to play alongside Smallwood but once again that would take money I'm beginning to doubt we have very much of.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

In the first half of the season, on the wing, he didnt contribute nearly enough for a man of his ability at that level. Very few assists and no goals until Wimbledon away.

When he moved to the centre of midfield, and latterly right back, his performances were very good. 

I never said he was one of our weaknesses, his problem is what position suits him best.

That said, half of the people who voted for him as player of the season including reasons such as his social media usage, his fist pump etc, which should have nothing to do with anything.

To be fair, it’s hardly unreasonable for you to question a winger failing to register a goal or assist. 

I personally love Bennett for the drive, effort and commitment he shows for the cause.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

The same post every week. Must try harder. 

That’s because reading posts on here are a monotonous thematic. Truth is none I repeat no one 

has a clue as to budgets, targets and sales. Until some get over this one can only assume they are affected by the current weather?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bit OTT.

For me he was dreadful on the right wing, excellent in central midfield, and solid but unspectacular when filling in for Nyambe at TH.

On the evidence of last season his best position is definitely CM but whether he could make an impression there in the Championship must be debatable.

I'd like to see an experienced Championship midfielder come in to play alongside Smallwood but once again that would take money I'm beginning to doubt we have very much of.

Agreed. What Bennett did give us was energy that with Smallwood allowed us to press high. Hes only of use if we are playing at a high tempo and intensity in there.

Id maybe have doubts that he has the passing ability or ball retention throughout a match to be effective at Championship level.

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, it’s hardly unreasonable for you to question a winger failing to register a goal or assist. 

I personally love Bennett for the drive, effort and commitment he shows for the cause.

Agreed, especially as he did get I think 4 goals in the half a season he was in the team in the Championship, and he has produced decent crosses/assists in the past too.

I do understand his popularity, maybe thats why people get so defensive over him, but we know he can score goals and create assists, so why such low numbers at a much lower level satisfy anyone, I dont understand.

I don't like it when Mowbray constantly mentions defensive wingers, for me you have to have some attacking threat and output when you are a winger, and its why I was against re-signing Conway. 

If you just want your winger to defend (which nullifies your own counter attacks and invites pressure) surely play a full back there.

40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bit OTT.

It's a funny one really. After his sending off I felt as though he was the energy of the side and the most consistent performer. He was excellent in CM and at a crucial part of the season fit into the gaping hole at right back (which would have been filled by Caddis' fat arse).  Although I am grateful for other players,  I voted him player of the year for those reasons. He's a very good player and will step up, no doubt about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

That’s because reading posts on here are a monotonous thematic. Truth is none I repeat no one 

has a clue as to budgets, targets and sales. Until some get over this one can only assume they are affected by the current weather?

We do know however that TM has failed to make his stated aim and that's all we know. How that is a source of optimism for you only you can explain.

7 hours ago, islander200 said:

Is there a link to quotes from Mowbray saying he wanted his buisness done before he went to Austria?

I was referring to TM saying "early", I didn't mention Austria.

But, if you're wanting to make a point about this, you do the work!

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Apparently close to completing the signings of Armstrong and Chapman. Don't know how reliable it is. But just seen someone confidently talk about it. Stumbling block for Arma is sell on clause.

From this on Facebook?

Screenshot_20180702-095336_Facebook.jpg