BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Adds some youth to our experience. A very good sign that he played 17 times (since January) in the Championship.

Will reserve judgement until I’ve seen him play but it’s a positive move. Just hope it doesn’t block Travis’ progress or it’s another nail in the coffin for our development side. Tomlinson for instance must think his Rovers career is over. Has to go out on loan now.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

although raises questions about signing Rothwell too.

Maybe Mowbray doesn't think any of the midfielders we have are up to championship standard. I'm inclined to agree.

From one of local reporters:

Jacob Davenport is an excellent signing for Blackburn. The kid is class and excelled in a struggling team last season. Play to his strengths and you've got yourselves one hell of a player. #mcfc #Rovers #bafc

• Like 5

Just now, Stuart said:

Adds some youth to our experience. A very good sign that he played 17 times (since January) in the Championship.

Will reserve judgement until I’ve seen him play but it’s a positive move. Just hope it doesn’t block Travis’ progress or it’s another nail in the coffin for our development side. Tomlinson for instance must think his Rovers career is over. Has to go out on loan now.

Isnt Travis more at home at right back? I'd loan him out for sure.

Anyhow good luck to the lad. If we've signed him on a permanent four year deal as opposed to a loan we must see something in him and hopefully he won't just be a bit part player.

Only a big nasty centre back, left back two strikers and a couple of wingers with pace needed now.

• Like 1

Reading the last hour of this message board was quite amusing... 40 mins ago compared to the 4 year deal being announced.

Great signing for all involved. Makes sense for City, get a 'decent' fee (no clue) with probably a 25-35% sell on and most likely a buy back. 4 year deal, it's nice to be trending upwards and securing assets.

It allows Tomlinson or Travis a loan back to a top tier league 1 team.

Now how about Lenihan and some wingers...

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Isnt Travis more at home at right back? I'd loan him out for sure.

Yes!! But that’s not where Mowbray sees him and he’s just bought a replacement.

Maybe he’s looking to make Travis step up and compete to start but that’s not how Mowbray operates. See - Samuel v Nuttall.

I know it's been mentioned a couple of times but it's so refreshing to have very little/no leaks on our incomings. While it is frustrating for us fans and gets us tetchy it's how deals should be done. Think it points to the club being run a lot better than it had been in previous windows. 

Lets see whose next, wingers and a striker definitely needed. 

• Like 1

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Dunno why any of you want Travis or Tomlinson leaving look really good all of them. I'm more worried about the situation involving Rankin Costello, absolute class. Yes he's injured but last season before the injury I'd have given him a chance.

Based on what? And because we have plenty of bodies in their position and it would give them a chance to have regular football and get used to league football.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Dunno why any of you want Travis or Tomlinson leaving look really good all of them. I'm more worried about the situation involving Rankin Costello, absolute class. Yes he's injured but last season before the injury I'd have given him a chance.

Wasn't it quoted somewhere that Davenport and Rankin-Costello are still best mates from school? They also play slightly different midfield positions?

• Moderation Lead
43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You say it probably does, but you have no idea really. 

Just because Harper and Byrne didn't work out doesn't mean we have to be suspicious of every player we loan from the premiership. It's silly. 

I didn't define reasonable criticism as moaning, I defined moaning as moaning. Show me the reasonable criticism? I saw posters running a young lad into the ground having never seen him play, based on a screenshot of some stats website. 

Don’t take this the wrong way, but you seem to have a real issue with people’s opinions that even slightly question any decision of the club as ‘moaning’. 

Nobody can afford to be so sensitive, in life, never mind just on here!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AAK said:

From one of local reporters:

Jacob Davenport is an excellent signing for Blackburn. The kid is class and excelled in a struggling team last season. Play to his strengths and you've got yourselves one hell of a player. #mcfc #Rovers #bafc

That's very encouraging indeed.. 

2 young players in so far .. would be interesting to know how much 

Edited by Darwen Rover 007

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Reassured by the permanent nature of the deal. Firstly because it is more of a committment from Rovers and so we have to be more sure than were it a loan and secondly because if he does well he will be an asset to the club.

Reassured? Don't you know Nixon getting this right (and any other reported signings even if seen as positive accquisitions) means Anderson's back in the fold? CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!! ?

Just now, bob fleming said:

What?! All of it?

Don't worry Bob. In a couple of Days according to Nixon Kent will have Its' bag packed all ready to move to sunny Lancs but by the end of the week in a shock horror development the move will mysteriously and sensationally collapse.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Rothwell was out of contract wasn't he?

Yes but we paid them an agreed fee, presume because it may have gone to a tribunal otherwise. 

9 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

That's very encouraging indeed.. 

2 young players in so far .. would be interesting to know how much 

Only 2 of them have been brought in with 1st team action in mind next season, but don't forget we have brought in a very talented young footballer from Liverpool by the name of Sam Durrant. Could be one to watch.

Large.jpg

Edited by RovingRover
Picture size
  • Like 1