BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, J*B said:

Sounds like he's more of a deep playmaker than a tackler according to Burton fans. Points towards 3-5-2 if you ask me.

How? 

Also, weve never played 3-5-2. It was 3-4-2-1. So as many central midfielders as 4-2-3-1.

I have a bad feeling we will but this doesnt prove it.

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Alot of my initial reservations are seemingly due to the inaccuracy of the rumour.

A much more understandable signing long term, although raises questions about signing Rothwell too.

Wingers and a striker please.

Rothwell is a more box to box or attacking  midfielder where Davenport seems to be more defensive minded. 

Two highly rated young players and am happy with them.Not a great fan of Evans and of course there has to be question marks over wether Smallwood will be as effective in the championship as he was in league.one

I know Burton got relegated but still encouraging that he went in to a relegation battle at 19 in his first loan move and going off reports seemed to have stood out for them. 

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

How? 

Also, weve never played 3-5-2. It was 3-4-2-1. So as many central midfielders as 4-2-3-1.

I have a bad feeling we will but this doesnt prove it.

We did play 3-4-1-2 in one game...Dack was behind Armstrong and Graham 

Just now, islander200 said:

We did play 3-4-1-2 in one game...Dack was behind Armstrong and Graham 

Which one? The Bury, Doncaster and Charlton games are examples of us playing 3 at the back. Doncaster we played Bennett and Whittingham wide of Graham.  Bury we had Armstrong and Dack either side of Graham (not as wingers, sort of number 10s) and v Charlton it was Armstrong and Samuel either side of Payne who was a false 9.

One common theme was it didnt work!

Either way, the signing of a central midfielder cant possibly indicate such a formation change as hed fit into a 4-2-3-1 equally. 

32 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Reassured? Don't you know Nixon getting this right (and any other reported signings even if seen as positive accquisitions) means Anderson's back in the fold? CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!! ?

His agent is Base Soccer Ltd who interestingly employ one Vince Grella....

47 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Adds some youth to our experience. A very good sign that he played 17 times (since January) in the Championship.

Will reserve judgement until I’ve seen him play but it’s a positive move. Just hope it doesn’t block Travis’ progress or it’s another nail in the coffin for our development side. Tomlinson for instance must think his Rovers career is over. Has to go out on loan now.

No disrespect to Travis or Tomlinson, but Davenport is far superior technically and even though slightly younger he is further on in his development than both 

he has come from a very highly rated academy and has played league football in a very demanding league and I have seen him play on a number of occasions

he was offered new terms at City and decided to move on and he still had a year left on his current City deal

Travis is a full back/wing back who is an occasional midfield player any way so I don’t see why it would affect his development

Tomlison needs to go out on loan and prove as Davenport did last season that he may be able to play at a decent level

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkipDonoghue said:

No disrespect to Travis or Tomlinson, but Davenport is far superior technically and even though slightly younger he is further on in his development than both 

he has come from a very highly rated academy and has played league football in a very demanding league and I have seen him play on a number of occasions

he was offered new terms at City and decided to move on and he still had a year left on his current City deal

Travis is a full back/wing back who is an occasional midfield player any way so I don’t see why it would affect his development

Tomlison needs to go out on loan and prove as Davenport did last season that he may be able to play at a decent level

This site is hilarious at times. :rolleyes: 

Can see why he was signed...

There are always different levels of ability but if we could have Jacob in every player we'd be really happy because of all the little bits: his timekeeping, putting the team first, his attitude to education even if he doesn't like every aspect of it, he never disrespects anybody, he's hardworking every day in training and games.

"He's one of those players that will never have any regrets because whatever level he reaches, he gives his all every day."

• Like 2

Just now, imy9 said:

There are always different levels of ability but if we could have Jacob in every player we'd be really happy because of all the little bits: his timekeeping, putting the team first, his attitude to education even if he doesn't like every aspect of it, he never disrespects anybody, he's hardworking every day in training and games.

"He's one of those players that will never have any regrets because whatever level he reaches, he gives his all every day."

Where is that from? 

26 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Tomlinson isn’t up to it I don’t think. He’s looked weighty and slow when I’ve seen him. Travis, on the other hand, could be something, from the games I’ve seen. 

17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

This site is hilarious at times. :rolleyes: 

You're right I do to especially when supposed posters who profess to know about the players they recon they support have no clue about them

Travis has played 1 season as a midfield player and that was split between his preferred position of right back/wing back, So like I said he is an occasional midfield player and therefore Davenport will not stifle his development as Travis will forge a career as a defender not a midfield player

there are better technical players in the u23s than Travis, Tomlinson and Hardcastle being 2 whereTravis trumps them 2 at the moment is his desire and physical attributes 

6 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Unfortunately whist extremely commendable none of that is of any relevance whatsoever if he isn't good enough.

Out of interest do people see either Davenport or Rothwell starting?

Just now, SkipDonoghue said:

You're right I do to especially when supposed posters who profess to know about the players they recon they support have no clue about them

Travis has played 1 season as a midfield player and that was split between his preferred position of right back/wing back, So like I said he is an occasional midfield player and therefore Davenport will not stifle his development as Travis will forge a career as a defender not a midfield player

there are better technical players in the u23s than Travis, Tomlinson and Hardcastle being 2 whereTravis trumps them 2 at the moment is his desire and physical attributes 

:lol: 

Sorry pal. It’s not aimed at you. I’ve had so many arguments with people on here who believe Travis is a central midfielder and told me I’m wrong so often I’ve given up.

“Mowbray is picking him for the first team as a CM and that’s that.”

Now you’re telling me the exact opposite!!

I’m a regular at the U23 games. Give us a shout next time you’re down. :tu: 

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

Reassured? Don't you know Nixon getting this right (and any other reported signings even if seen as positive accquisitions) means Anderson's back in the fold? CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!! ?

When did Nixon get this right?  Do not recall (or see) him linking him by name until after 5pm today.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Hasta said:

When did Nixon get this right?  Do not recall (or see) him linking him by name until after 5pm today.

He did 4 weeks or so ago he did a piece in the Sunday Sun about it,I read it.However up until today he though we had dropped our interest due to the Rothwell signing 

I don’t know much about the lad but it’s good to see Mogga bringing in young players who have a point to prove and will fight for a first team place. A far cry from the overpaid dross, who we’re past it and only came for a final payday.

Also good to see 2 central midfielders coming in, been our weakest area for a long time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

:lol: 

Sorry pal. It’s not aimed at you. I’ve had so many arguments with people on here who believe Travis is a central midfielder and told me I’m wrong so often I’ve given up.

“Mowbray is picking him for the first team as a CM and that’s that.”

Now you’re telling me the exact opposite!!

I’m a regular at the U23 games. Give us a shout next time you’re down. :tu: 

I’ve seen Lewis Travis play 50 plus games from Liverpool’s academy and Rovers to U23s and out of those I recon he’s played 10 as a midfield player, he played as a midfield player for the 1st time for Rovers in a friendly against Uniteds U23s at Brockhall last pre season, the reason he was played there was due to an injury to Tomlinson 

now ask yourself this, why is Tony Mowbray signing a younger defensive midfield player if Travis is the answer, that’s because he isn’t and anyone who has watched Lewis develop will know that

your opinion is your opinion and I respect that but it doesn’t mean I agree with it and vice versa

I will say hi next time I’m at Leyland but I don’t know you I’m afraid

And I have watched many U23s games not just Rovers U23s either over the last few seasons, if you was thinking maybe I hadn’t 

19 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

What's not to like? A highly rated CM who Pep liked and who has the potential to get much better. Sounds like a similar player to Whittingham, a genuine playmaker who can make a team tick. 

I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing the young team Mowbray is building.

#MoggasMarvels?

Does that mean we'll be moving Whittingham on ?