BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, SkipDonoghue said:

I’ve seen Lewis Travis play 50 plus games from Liverpool’s academy and Rovers to U23s and out of those I recon he’s played 10 as a midfield player, he played as a midfield player for the 1st time for Rovers in a friendly against Uniteds U23s at Brockhall last pre season, the reason he was played there was due to an injury to Tomlinson 

now ask yourself this, why is Tony Mowbray signing a younger defensive midfield player if Travis is the answer, that’s because he isn’t and anyone who has watched Lewis develop will know that

your opinion is your opinion and I respect that but it doesn’t mean I agree with it and vice versa

I will say hi next time I’m at Leyland but I don’t know you I’m afraid

And I have watched many U23s games not just Rovers U23s either over the last few seasons, if you was thinking maybe I hadn’t 

Stuart's agreeing with you isn't he? ?

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Unfortunately whist extremely commendable none of that is of any relevance whatsoever if he isn't good enough.

Out of interest do people see either Davenport or Rothwell starting?

Don’t see why not. If they’re good enough, they’re old enough. But I’m guessing you, like most of us haven’t really seen either of them play. So I guess we can all stay relatively positive and wait and see Hey? 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Wonder if Mowbray is looking st something like:

---------------------------Raya

------------Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Nyambe---------------------------------------------Bell

-------Rothwell  Smallwood  Davenport

---------------------------Dack

-------------------------Graham

Just throwing it out there...

• Like 2

Just now, Mike E said:

Very possible but then why would he be after wingers? Think it will be similar set-up to last season. Either way he has to be flexible if the results aren't happening. Different division different challenge. I doubt teams will put 10 in defence against us this season like they did  in Lg1. 

Asked one of chaps from city academy about davenport said this:

Yes struggled to find form after a fairly long injury just over a year ago but finally started to show some really good form after work with Pep and carried it on to playing under Clough at Burton - Blackburn have got themselves a great young midfielder

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

I’ve seen Lewis Travis play 50 plus games from Liverpool’s academy and Rovers to U23s and out of those I recon he’s played 10 as a midfield player, he played as a midfield player for the 1st time for Rovers in a friendly against Uniteds U23s at Brockhall last pre season, the reason he was played there was due to an injury to Tomlinson 

now ask yourself this, why is Tony Mowbray signing a younger defensive midfield player if Travis is the answer, that’s because he isn’t and anyone who has watched Lewis develop will know that

your opinion is your opinion and I respect that but it doesn’t mean I agree with it and vice versa

I will say hi next time I’m at Leyland but I don’t know you I’m afraid

And I have watched many U23s games not just Rovers U23s either over the last few seasons, if you was thinking maybe I hadn’t 

I was agreeing with you!

Tell you what mate. Forget I mentioned it. :rolleyes: 

35 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He did 4 weeks or so ago he did a piece in the Sunday Sun about it,I read it.However up until today he though we had dropped our interest due to the Rothwell signing 

Found it. So he did. Tom reported it on Thursday on here, it was in the local Derby paper on Friday and the tubster broke it as an exclusive on the Sunday.

Looks a cracking signing .

Edited by Hasta

• Backroom
Just now, islander200 said:

Some city guy on Twitter saying the fee could rise to 500k and city have put in a sell on clause 

Oh dear. Gutted. What a shame.

So a youngster in with good potential. a squad man in as well with a bit of potential, all good. Now let's have a Bradley Dack style marquee signing and a Mulgrew type experienced free, by that I mean players who'll instantly slot in and improve the first 11 straight off.

That would be very decent summer business.

Just now, Mike E said:

Oh dear. Gutted. What a shame.

If we are going ad high as 500k for a 19 year old with potential but not much 1st team action it suggests we have a bit of cash to spend.Although I'm sure there are clauses in the contract which would lead to it being 500k.Quite happy to read City had a sell on clause in looks like they rate  him

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I'm not a fan of 3-5-2 but that doesn't look bas at all considering Williams looks much more comfortable at CB than RB.

I'd wager TM is looking more at keeping faith witb last year's squad something like

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Evans Smallwood Conway

Dack Graham

and putting the new lads on the bench though.

So happy this a permanent deal and not another teenager loan - by all accounts this kid is very highly rated, played half a season in the championsjip last season and was a standout in the team he played for. In fact, i read a Burton tweet where they were claiming his debut was the best they ever saw (okay, perhaps hyperbole but surely stands in good stead). 

Young, value, potential - exactly how the club should be operating.

Will he start? He must have a good chance, perm fixture in Burton, even if not he will certainly be pushing what we have.

Now we need some WINGERS please, and a striker or two.

• Moderation Lead

We certainly need more players, but it’s good that we are making signings and also that they’re going under the radar. 

Wingers and strikers x2 needed now as a priority IMO.

Was you haha I thought you said he was a midfield player, sorry mate....memo to self read posts properly in future

Stuart has been arguing for some time that Travis's main position was RB/WB but was often shouted down by others that he was a CM. You have cemented his claims.

Was you haha I thought you said he was a midfield player, sorry mate....memo to self read posts properly in future

Anyway Skip, I know you have links to the kids game, do we have something here, is this kid someone that could go on to become a top player? Obvioulsy tought to break in anywhere at City.

Just now, K-Hod said:

We certainly need more players, but it’s good that we are making signings and also that they’re going under the radar. 

Wingers and strikers x2 needed now as a priority IMO.

Looking at this, it adds more weight to Rothwell serving higher up the pitch - possible wide forward (or inside left as suggested in the Oxford blog) and backup for Dack - Payne’s role last season. Makes sense too, because it seems we went for Payne after the attempts to sign Rothwell in January failed.

If we can add Armstrong and Chapman, I’d say we may be in a good position come August.

• Like 1

Pretty consistent rumours across social networking sites that Rovers are desperately trying to agree a fee with Newcastle for Adam Armstrong. Would seem the lad is growing impatient at not being involved with the 1st team setup during the summer break.

Could be people jumping to conclusions. But we really do need to add several forwards to our line.

• Like 1

What happened to Bauer? Would be a great addition to Rothwell and Davenport who have already come in. If Armstrong and Chapman sign as well, I would be pretty happy with the business done in this transfer window. Wouldn’t really expect any more signings unless some players leave.