BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

This thread gives an insight into his development the last couple of years - https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/jacob-davenport.320262/

Wow. Makes me feel even more positively. If he’s half the player the City fans, Burton reporters are saying he is then a) we’ve pulled off an absolute blinder and b) the lad walks straight into our first 11. End of.

City fans generally upset that he’s been allowed to leave for a few upto £500k as it’s very cheap. A lot saying they expected him to succeed Fernandinho and Delph in the first team!!!! Jeez! Master stroke!? 

Very pleased with the Davenport deal. Mowbray got his target and for a good fee if reports are right. From everything ive said its seems we got a good player. 

4 year contract is a statement aswell. 

If we could sign Ryan Kent or Chapman I would be very happy. 

I would expect Tomlinson to leave on loan. 

Lets hope we can sign Armstrong and centre back. Then imo our signings would be done apart from maybe 1 loan. 

Good to see there is money to spend aswell

• Like 1

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but you seem to have a real issue with people’s opinions that even slightly question any decision of the club as ‘moaning’. 

Nobody can afford to be so sensitive, in life, never mind just on here!

Stop moaning :)

I take issue with people criticizing players without having seen them actually play. Always have and always will. Nothing sensitive about me. Well able for a robust conversation withoit crying off or throwing toys out of the pram. 

Are you saying some of the stuff on here can't be classed as moaning? I think you have a touch of Stockholm syndrome if so. Some of the stuff written when word broke we signed Davenport was embarrassing. Empty vessels really do make the most noise though. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

What are you on about? Because we spent an "undisclosed" fee? I.e. not very much?

Might turn out to be a very good signing in the fullness of time but It's more a case of pulling a rabbit out of the hat on the cheap than evidence we have much to spend.

3 hours ago, scotchrover said:

Tomlinson isn’t up to it I don’t think. He’s looked weighty and slow when I’ve seen him. Travis, on the other hand, could be something, from the games I’ve seen. 

Ya, I would agree on Tomlinson. He looks like a good footballer, but I can't see him making it in the championship or Premier league. The game is gone too athletic and he has always looked slightly pudgy to me. He wouldn't be the biggest or fastest lad either. 

Would those who have seen more of him than I for the under 23s disagree with that? 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Might turn out to be a very good signing in the fullness of time but It's more a case of pulling a rabbit out of the hat on the cheap than evidence we have much to spend.

You'll say this every time we sign someone. You have to cos you've backed yourself into a corner with your grumbling about us having no money. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

You'll say this every time we sign someone. You have to cos you've backed yourself into a corner with your grumbling about us having no money. 

Well as this deal is only rumoured to be worth up to a maximum of 500k with add ins. We'll have to wait and see. If another eight or nine players come in at that sort of level and/ or we spend big on a striker you might be proved to be right.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very pleased with the Davenport deal. Mowbray got his target and for a good fee if reports are right. From everything ive said its seems we got a good player. 

4 year contract is a statement aswell. 

If we could sign Ryan Kent or Chapman I would be very happy. 

I would expect Tomlinson to leave on loan. 

Lets hope we can sign Armstrong and centre back. Then imo our signings would be done apart from maybe 1 loan. 

You think signing only one winger, potentially Chapman who youve stated would be a sub, would be sufficent in that area? 

Dont see how signing a 4th centre back comes ahead of that as an urgent priority.

Need 2/3 wingers, a striker and a right back.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You think signing only one winger, potentially Chapman who youve stated would be a sub, would be sufficent in that area? 

Dont see how signing a 4th centre back comes ahead of that as an urgent priority.

Agree we need 2 wide men and definitely a striker but imo we don't need a right back.Take it you don't rate Nyambe?

We have Nyambe, Travis and Bennett who can all play rb.

Forwards is what I want. Wingers, centre forwards, goalscorers and a genuine Dack plan B.

Loads of them and the moon on a stick.

Score goals and create problems for teams in the Championship and we’ll be reyt.

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

Agree we need 2 wide men and definitely a striker but imo we don't need a right back.Take it you don't rate Nyambe?

We have Nyambe, Travis and Bennett who can all play rb.

I didnt rate Nyambe at all at one point but hes come on leaps and bounds.

I think Travis needs to be loaned out with Nuttall and Tomlinson to get them regular football. Bennett is our versatility man and i suspect right back wont be his main position. Caddis is nowhere near. So we are a bit short for me and need someone preferably more experienced. Maybe Chris Gunter? Someone like that.

Im happy with Davenport from what i can see but i get the feeling that the 2 signings weve made are calculated gambles in terms of developing them, and we need players who can improve the team now aswell. 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Hate crap like this. People have made valid points (ignoring the statistics website for a minute)

Why sign another player in a position we are well stocked in when we are so threadbare elsewhere?

Why sign a 20 year old with barely a dozen League games under his belt on loan? 

How are these not fair points to make.

How do you make out we are well stocked in the centre of midfield? I would have doubts about Evans playing there next season, so who is next in line then? Whittingham? Travis and Tomlinson are completely unproven. 

Going off what City and Burton fans say, this guy sounds like a great signing. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

How do you make out we are well stocked in the centre of midfield? I would have doubts about Evans playing there next season, so who is next in line then? Whittingham? Travis and Tomlinson are completely unproven. 

The fact that its a permanent deal makes me a lot happier with the deal. But Smallwood, Evans, Rothwell, Whittingham and Bennett is plenty more than in other areas ie out wide.

Also, Ryan Kents names been mentioned. Liverpool insisted on a clause on his loan that financially penalised Bristol City if he didnt play a certain number of games, which he didnt as he was poor for them. Bare in mind that loan deal may well have similar penalties. Permanent winger please.

• Like 1

I’m not saying that Davenport is the second coming of Tugay or anything, but it really does make me smile and remind me of this footage when I see people lamenting the chances being reduced for Tomlinson et al.

Perhaps an extreme example, but if Tomlinson was better or even close then of course you would question the logic of signing Davenport - unfortunately you kind of have to just trust the manager’s judgement.

It is only time that will tell.

Unless Willem shagged Tony’s wife or something, or Davenport is Kentaro. 

I for one look forward to seeing him play.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I’m not saying that Davenport is the second coming of Tugay or anything, but it really does make me smile and remind me of this footage when I see people lamenting the chances being reduced for Tomlinson et al.

Perhaps an extreme example, but if Tomlinson was better or even close then of course you would question the logic of signing Davenport - unfortunately you kind of have to just trust the manager’s judgement.

It is only time that will tell.

Unless Willem shagged Tony’s wife or something, or Davenport is Kentaro. 

I for one look forward to seeing him play.

He just isn't good enough. I'd imagine non league beckons 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We have Bennett, Conway, Rothwell, Either potential Kent or Chapman plus Armstrong(if he returns here) and Samuel.

I wouldnt against signing both Chapman and Kent. Give us plenty of attacking threat. 

I think we need another centre back if we going to play 3 at the back..

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I would agree on Tomlinson. He looks like a good footballer, but I can't see him making it in the championship or Premier league. The game is gone too athletic and he has always looked slightly pudgy to me. He wouldn't be the biggest or fastest lad either. 

Would those who have seen more of him than I for the under 23s disagree with that? 

Athletic? Nah. If you have the talent you don't need the muscles.  Modric is phenomenal - yet physically is built like your nan.

That said, Tomlinson is nowhere near that level?

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I thought Bennett was one of our best midfield performers.  We need to add some height and pace still.