BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

23 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Athletic? Nah. If you have the talent you don't need the muscles.  Modric is phenomenal - yet physically is built like your nan.

That said, Tomlinson is nowhere near that level?

Mowbray sId he was after young athletic players. The 2 signings so far seem to fit that bill. Athletic doesn't have to mean muscular. Modric is wiry and strong. 

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The fact that its a permanent deal makes me a lot happier with the deal. But Smallwood, Evans, Rothwell, Whittingham and Bennett is plenty more than in other areas ie out wide.

Also, Ryan Kents names been mentioned. Liverpool insisted on a clause on his loan that financially penalised Bristol City if he didnt play a certain number of games, which he didnt as he was poor for them. Bare in mind that loan deal may well have similar penalties. Permanent winger please.

Smallwood had an unconvincing  second half of the season at a lower level than we are at now. Whittingham contributed very little even at a lower level. Evans has blown hot and cold for as long as I can remember, most of the time it's been cold. Rothwell we know nothing about at this level. Bennett finished the season as our first choice right back.

9 hours ago, RovingRover said:

Pretty consistent rumours across social networking sites that Rovers are desperately trying to agree a fee with Newcastle for Adam Armstrong. Would seem the lad is growing impatient at not being involved with the 1st team setup during the summer break.

Could be people jumping to conclusions. But we really do need to add several forwards to our line.

I think Newcastle might give him a shot in pre season, they only have Gayle & Josulu as recognised forwards on there books I think.

I really wouldn't get your hopes up about him coming here, I think some Championship team will panic and pay over the odds for him as the window comes to a close. Shame because a couple of good seasons in the second tier these days can see your value treble and even quadruple.

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Stop moaning :)

I take issue with people criticizing players without having seen them actually play. Always have and always will. Nothing sensitive about me. Well able for a robust conversation withoit crying off or throwing toys out of the pram. 

Are you saying some of the stuff on here can't be classed as moaning? I think you have a touch of Stockholm syndrome if so. Some of the stuff written when word broke we signed Davenport was embarrassing. Empty vessels really do make the most noise though. 

Problem is, it was the sweeping statement of people moaning for the sake of it. If you think that, fine, but quote some posts.  Otherwise, it just serves to irritate and looks baseless.
As for the rest, of course some people go OTT with moaning from time to time. For the record, as soon as someone arrives at the club, they get a clean slate from me  and I'm not sure why anyone would be any different, but people are, that's life.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have Bennett, Conway, Rothwell, Either potential Kent or Chapman plus Armstrong(if he returns here) and Samuel.

I wouldnt against signing both Chapman and Kent. Give us plenty of attacking threat. 

I think we need another centre back if we going to play 3 at the back..

Utility man, past it, central midfielder, new winger, striker.

Too many ineffective square pegs in round holes there chaddy. 

Second point I acknowledge that we need 2 minimum. As mentioned previously if we sign Kent wed probably be under financial pressure to play him in every game. Not sure where the rumour has come from, if its Alan Nixon i doubt its true.

Lets hope we dont get a centre back then!

From the squad we have now, and with/without new winger, new cb, new striker as you mentioned you want. No plan a b c or d's. What would you say our best team is?

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think Newcastle might give him a shot in pre season, they only have Gayle & Josulu as recognised forwards on there books I think.

I really wouldn't get your hopes up about him coming here, I think some Championship team will panic and pay over the odds for him as the window comes to a close. Shame because a couple of good seasons in the second tier these days can see your value treble and even quadruple.

They have Mitrovic on their books as well. He was fantastic for Fulham and had a great world cup, so I think he'll be given the chance before Armstrong. Totally different players though, so you never know...

#bitonwebsite   ??

Don't know whether that's dropped in on purpose or not but it's a belter, won't be long before he starts spouting something bitter if he cottons on.  Dack to Bolton/Wigan/Burnley that sort of thing.

As long as the site doesn't start with the old 'might happen, might not' !!

Not sure where all this 'running the player into the ground' has come from tbh.

People were commenting on initial links saying that it will be a loan move. Most were saying they are not overly happy with another teenager loan after the likes of Harper, Byrne and the like in recent years and that they would be happier if it was a permanent signing. Do not think anyone questioned the kids talent just the type of signing in looked like it might be - a loan move for a teenager in a position we are already quite stocked in.

Delighted with this. Not sure exactly what I'm basing this on, but I never saw Lenihan as the type to commit to such a long deal, especially after the Sheffield United rumours last year. Maybe having such a good second half of the season after a long term injury has helped him think differently about being here, not sure.

Whisper it, but this is starting to look like quite a promising summer. We're still desparately short of help for Graham and pace out wide/up front, but the rest of the side is looking very decent imo.

14 hours ago, Pedro said:

Davenport showreel:

He looks class.

That video was more inspirational than watching Braveheart, 300 and Gladiator combined ?

He was listed in the top 35 "rest of the world" players on Fifa 18 apparently with and 87/100 rating, perhaps (Ince??) should have played him besides at Blyth Spartans away??

Carlos V is up there with Luca Toni in Brfcs legendary status. 

• Like 1

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

That video was more inspirational than watching Braveheart, 300 and Gladiator combined ?

He was listed in the top 35 "rest of the world" players on Fifa 18 apparently with and 87/100 rating, perhaps (Ince??) should have played him besides at Blyth Spartans away??

Carlos V is up there with Luca Toni in Brfcs legendary status. 

Nah, that was ex England manager Sam Allardyce.

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Delighted with this. Not sure exactly what I'm basing this on, but I never saw Lenihan as the type to commit to such a long deal, especially after the Sheffield United rumours last year. Maybe having such a good second half of the season after a long term injury has helped him think differently about being here, not sure.

Whisper it, but this is starting to look like quite a promising summer. We're still desparately short of help for Graham and pace out wide/up front, but the rest of the side is looking very decent imo.

He made the point about loyalty and I'd like to think that was what swayed it. He's come on leaps and bounds in recent years so much so he's starting to force into contention on the international stage so he's clearly doing something right. Add in that he's been at Rovers since he was a kid and that he's had his fair share of injuries in that time which Rovers have helped him through I'd certainly hope that those things were in his mind.

He probably wasn't keen on playing in League One as 3-4 others at the club weren't but Mowbray managed to convince them to knuckle down and correct the disaster of 16-17 by winning promotion. Sheffield United's ace card of being in a higher league than us has now disappeared so I don't see what on earth he'd gain by going to a club like that or indeed most other Championship clubs, at this point when he's settled and established at Rovers.

He's not ready for the Premier League yet but a couple of good Championship seasons and he might be. Thankfully we've safeguarded ourselves against that possibility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Problem is, it was the sweeping statement of people moaning for the sake of it. If you think that, fine, but quote some posts.  Otherwise, it just serves to irritate and looks baseless.
As for the rest, of course some people go OTT with moaning from time to time. For the record, as soon as someone arrives at the club, they get a clean slate from me  and I'm not sure why anyone would be any different, but people are, that's life.

Why do some people pick up on the comments but others don't? If someone made a sweeping statement calling posters moaners, it wouldn't bother me, I wouldn't even acknowledge it. It is the same culprits time and time again, every single player we sign is wrong for one reason or another. I did quote them directly yesterday. 

It is indeed life , but as far as i can tell it's ok to call moaners out. Unless the mods are going changing that policy?  :);) 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why do some people pick up on the comments but others don't? If someone made a sweeping statement calling posters moaners, it wouldn't bother me, I wouldn't even acknowledge it. It is the same culprits time and time again, every single player we sign is wrong for one reason or another. I did quote them directly yesterday. 

It is indeed life , but as far as i can tell it's ok to call moaners out. Unless the mods are going changing that policy?  :);) 

Or...just reflect on why you might be getting similar feedback from a number of people? Just saying....

Just now, bluebruce said:

No? Well you just wait til JAL posts!

Haha! He doesn't count as whichever side of the moaner/non-moaner wall you fall on, you know he is a wind up merchant. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Haha! He doesn't count as whichever side of the moaner/non-moaner wall you fall on, you know he is a wind up merchant. 

God knows what would have happened if this messageboard was available back in the day we SOLD SPEEDIE and got a young Alan Shearer.

• Like 2