BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

11 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Imagine if we got Bauer, Maddison, Armstrong and Chapman all bought, and then loaned a Premier League Striker. 

Then imagine if we didn't........

Lol.

Long way to go yet in my book. 2 young lads in who appear from TM's comments to give here to provide competition for places in the squad at this stage as opposed to being automatic starters, no new contract for Dack yet and none of the real priority positions addressed for me ........yet.

May all happen of course but until it does still much to do and far too early to be talking about play offs etc.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I stand by that Chapman is far too big of a risk. I know hes a talent and hes popular but his injuries are seemingly going to be an ongoing concern. Hopefully Mowbray looks elsewhere.

Unfortunately to get a good player with our budget, it is probably a risk we have to take.  Players with pace like Chapman will probably only be available 2/3 of the time but tend to impact games more than your Conways etc.  

Look at Josh King.  He had injury issues here but seems to have shaken them off since joining Bournemouth so not always indicative of their future career prospects.  

Personally, from what I saw of Chapman, he is the nearest to Duff that I've seen -and that lad was a joy to watch.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Good memory, I didn't think too hard about our loans back when we were a Premier League team. To this day I have no clue how Danny Simpson became a title winning RB.

What about Championship loans? Todd Kane, Doniel Henry, Jack Bryne. Certainly no Eyal Berkovic.

We did do well enough in League 1, so perhaps I should have a little extra faith in TM.

Forgot about him, he looked highly promising for us before injuring himself for the season. Seems injuries have really blighted his career - Was released by West Ham in December and now plays in Canada.

• Backroom
18 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I just can't find myself getting too excited about young PL loans for a season.

Just racking my brain and how many players have we ever signed on loan (and NOT signed permanently) that have gone on to promising careers?

(Cariney, King, Rudy obvs don't count as they were made permanent, and players like Marcus Babbel etc were already established - even Santa Cruz and Bentley were garbage when they came back!)

I came up with Michael Keane... Any others?

My mate Bryan Dabo seemed to push on after playing a few games with our reserves.

Not setting the world on fire but currently at Fiorentina 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray mention the words 'inverted winger' not me. 

You ask me to name my team using the current squad. More signings will happen so my team will change. If we sign players like Kent and Armstrong then my team would change. Like I said before my team would change

I think an “inverted winger” is a winger who plays in the middle of the park. 

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

I think an “inverted winger” is a winger who plays in the middle of the park. 

I thought it was a left winger playing on the right wing (or vice versa) so that they cut in on their strong foot to shoot instead of crossing from the byline.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I thought it was a left winger playing on the right wing (or vice versa) so that they cut in on their strong foot to shoot instead of crossing from the byline.

I just googled it and you seem to be correct. ?

Edited by roversinmyblood

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

So when central midfielder Tom Cairney was plonked on the wing most of the time and he did those things what was he referred to as I wonder ? ?

3 hours ago, Tom said:

My mate Bryan Dabo seemed to push on after playing a few games with our reserves.

Not setting the world on fire but currently at Fiorentina 

I think people forget about Modeste. Did very well after us. I remember I thought he had something about him, good movement, pace and strength. But his confidence was awful and his finishing likewise. 

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So when central midfielder Tom Cairney was plonked on the wing most of the time and he did those things what was he referred to as I wonder ? ?

Out of position ?

• Like 1

Just now, briansol said:

I think people forget about Modeste. Did very well after us. I remember I thought he had something about him, good movement, pace and strength. But his confidence was awful and his finishing likewise. 

Perhaps he just didn't want to show off.

• Like 1

Just now, briansol said:

I remember him  missing an absolute sitter against Newcastle the season we went down. We played them off the field, but I think it finished a draw or we may even have lost. He blazed it over the bar with practically an open goal

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nixon tweeted that there would be no point in us signing Morrison as he wouldn't get in our team. Closest thing to a compliment he has ever tweeted about the club. 

There would be every point in signing Morrison as he is technically better than those already here. The question is whether or not he is fit enough to play, whether his wage demands would be appropriate and whether he fits in with the preferred model of signing younger players to grow in value.

We signed Whittingham last summer and Morrison would be along similar lines to that really in terms of a deal for a couple of years so it's not beyond the realms of possibility but I can't see it happening. Not because he isn't good enough, he almost certainly is good enough to play for us in the Championship, but whether we're prepared to pay the rate and risk it considering he was injured all last season.