BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Not according to anyone with any credibility. 

Didnt think so. Would not be the worst gamble, scored a bucketload in League 2 but at a million for a gamble...dont think it is one we would have been looking at seriously.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would look into a loan deal for him

They are 3 names that been linked this summer, I would be happy with 1 winger if we signed Armstrong aswell. We have 3 players who can play wide plus Conway. 

I would prefer Kent to Maddison if we could sign only 1. Nixon has linked us twice to him and some other reporter aswell

Gallagher is on 10k a week after he signed a new contract last summer but Birmingham wages are here https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-eye-watering-striker-loan-11060633

maybe its how Lee Johnson played him

I think he might come available after Newcastle sign a striker or 2

Gallagher scored 11 goals in 43 games for us. Plus more than of that season we had Coyle has manager.

Kent has 5 assists and 3 goals in his championship but he brings skills and pace. and that's we need. 

great news. 

Why would you prefer a loan winger with very underwhelming stats throughout his various loan spells, over someone who has a track record of assists and goals?

"I would prefer Kent to Maddison if we could sign only 1. Nixon has linked us twice to him and some other reporter aswell" - Nixon talks shite so id ignore that for now. But I dont get the quote "if we could only sign 1." Why the random limit, why does it have to be only 1?

As said previously, we dont want players who CAN play there, we want players who DO play there. 

Was thinking of this team on the opening day. They can all do a job in the positions ive put them in and have played them at times in the past so should be fine:

Raya

Bennett Nyambe Williams Davenport

Whittingham Dack Travis Rothwell Bell

Samuel

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Why would you prefer a loan winger with very underwhelming stats throughout his various loan spells, over someone who has a track record of assists and goals?

"I would prefer Kent to Maddison if we could sign only 1. Nixon has linked us twice to him and some other reporter aswell" - Nixon talks shite so id ignore that for now. But I dont get the quote "if we could only sign 1." Why the random limit, why does it have to be only 1?

As said previously, we dont want players who CAN play there, we want players who DO play there.

Kent has played championship[ where has Maddison hasn't he? Plus I think Kent is a better player than Maddison is aswell. seen both live a number of times

Also isn't Maddison more of number 10 player than a proper winger? according to this https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/marcus-maddison/leistungsdaten/spieler/221561

he has played the number 10 role more than either wide role

Bennett has been a winger for many years so he does play there. Rothwell did played there 11 times last season and Conway is a wide player. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kent has played championship[ where has Maddison hasn't he? Plus I think Kent is a better player than Maddison is aswell. seen both live a number of times

Also isn't Maddison more of number 10 player than a proper winger? according to this https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/marcus-maddison/leistungsdaten/spieler/221561

he has played the number 10 role than either wide role

Bennett has been a winger for many years so he does play there. Rothwell did played there 11 times last season and Conway is a wide player. 

Where have you seen them both a number of times live? And if so, why did you use transfermarkt to determine Maddisons best position, if youve seen him live?

"I would prefer Kent to Maddison if we could sign only 1." - could you explain this quote please, I dont understand why we are limited to 1 winger?

Sorry if it sounds like im having a go, I just feel like some of your suggestions are either square pegs in round holes (Rothwell as a winger etc) or not of a sufficient quality to be sustainable as good Championship players (ie Heneghan before he joined Blackpool, Conway resigning, Osayi-Samuel, Edwards, Baldwin, Hadi Sacko) they all are either League 1 quality or failed Championship players. We need better than that.

They dont have the track record that Maddison etc have in terms of regular goals/assists, yet you turn your nose up at him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where have you seen them both a number of times live? And if so, why did you use transfermarkt to determine Maddisons best position, if youve seen him live?

"I would prefer Kent to Maddison if we could sign only 1." - could you explain this quote please, I dont understand why we are limited to 1 winger?

Sorry if it sounds like im having a go, I just feel like some of your suggestions are either square pegs in round holes (Rothwell as a winger etc) or not of a sufficient quality to be sustainable as good Championship players (ie Heneghan before he joined Blackpool, Conway resigning, Osayi-Samuel, Edwards, Baldwin, Hadi Sacko) they all are either League 1 quality or failed Championship players. We need better than that.

They dont have the track record that Maddison etc have in terms of regular goals/assists, yet you turn your nose up at him.

Firstly, we are discussing Football..thats why I'm here for. You dont get personal and thats good. 

Now to Maddison/Kent debate. I watched both against us and games live on tv plus highlights shows. 

On why I used that website is I dont watched Peterborough every game every minute. So it gives you a detail where he plays.

I prefer Kent's pace and skill. 

I never said limited ourselves to just one, my point was if I had to choose between  one of Kent or Maddison it would be Kent. 

Osayi-Samuel would be good for us. Pace and skill. 

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Was thinking of this team on the opening day. They can all do a job in the positions ive put them in and have played them at times in the past so should be fine:

Raya

Bennett Nyambe Williams Davenport

Whittingham Dack Travis Rothwell Bell

Samuel

I can't understand that team, what point is it you're trying to make ? 

Maddison is one of the standout players in league one, he can play behind the striker but his main position is out wide. He can use both feet, he's quick and can take on a man and importantly he has an end product in both assists and goals as his stats from last season proved. He's at a great age of 24 and has football league experience. I would much prefer bringing him in than a young raw winger from the Premier League as the step up from Premier League youth teams to the championship is big and they often struggle to adapt or they take time doing so, meanwhile Maddison would have a greater chance of hitting the ground running which is what we need.

Still think its unlikely as there are a lot of clubs looking at him and his rumoured price is over 1 million, but he would be a great addition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray to add some experience now

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16339118.rovers-boss-keen-to-strengthen-all-areas-and-bring-in-experience/

Still after forward, winger, full back and centre back

Think that one interview kills the James Morrison rumour cold dead , not players 32-33 years old and no mention of midfielders

Edited by AJW

Gotta agree with that, Maddison seeme to be the better option. But have we actually been linked with him?

I dont think anybody knows yet who's coming in as everything is quiet.

Last i heard about armstrong was they was bickering over the sell on fee and that was on here.

• Backroom
55 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How daft it can be to say players can 'do a job' out of position. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pomster said:

Gotta agree with that, Maddison seeme to be the better option. But have we actually been linked with him?

I dont think anybody knows yet who's coming in as everything is quiet.

Last i heard about armstrong was they was bickering over the sell on fee and that was on here.

We are in for Maddison.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, we are discussing Football..thats why I'm here for. You dont get personal and thats good. 

Now to Maddison/Kent debate. I watched both against us and games live on tv plus highlights shows. 

On why I used that website is I dont watched Peterborough every game every minute. So it gives you a detail where he plays.

I prefer Kent's pace and skill. 

I never said limited ourselves to just one, my point was if I had to choose between  one of Kent or Maddison it would be Kent. 

Osayi-Samuel would be good for us. Pace and skill. 

So by ‘live’ you mean on tv and a highlights show??? (Apart from the couple of times we played them).

Pretty sure you disregard the opinions of people who haven’t been at games but have said they’ve seen the highlights so guessing you’re happy for your comments to be disregarded in the same way.

8 hours ago, RovingRover said:

I was one of three people who heard this from 3 different reliable sources of would seem.

And yet you didn't mention on here? How do you know who the other 3 were? Is there a 'source' club where you all meet up and compare notes? What is a reliable source considering for the last few transfer windows nobody has had a clue who we are signing and most guesses have been wrong? 

That may seem like a lot of questions but I'm still struggling to see why you were offended by my comment. 

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

And yet you didn't mention on here? How do you know who the other 3 were? Is there a 'source' club where you all meet up and compare notes? What is a reliable source considering for the last few transfer windows nobody has had a clue who we are signing and most guesses have been wrong? 

That may seem like a lot of questions but I'm still struggling to see why you were offended by my comment. 

I have discussed it with Kammy and one of the mods via Private Message.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

All those are players who can 'do a job' or have played in those positions before. It is a rebuke to Chaddy views on signing players who can 'do a job' even though they might not be at their best in those positions. Or summat.