BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why would you prefer a loan winger with very underwhelming stats throughout his various loan spells, over someone who has a track record of assists and goals?

"I would prefer Kent to Maddison if we could sign only 1. Nixon has linked us twice to him and some other reporter aswell" - Nixon talks shite so id ignore that for now. But I dont get the quote "if we could only sign 1." Why the random limit, why does it have to be only 1?

As said previously, we dont want players who CAN play there, we want players who DO play there. 

Was thinking of this team on the opening day. They can all do a job in the positions ive put them in and have played them at times in the past so should be fine:

Raya

Bennett Nyambe Williams Davenport

Whittingham Dack Travis Rothwell Bell

Samuel

No place for Mulgrew, Lenihan and Graham? Nyambe at Centre back? Are you on the wind up?

2 minutes ago, Al said:

No place for Mulgrew, Lenihan and Graham? Nyambe at Centre back? Are you on the wind up?

Think his post was referring to what our team would look like if we used players in the positions which they can play rather than there actual natural positions. Don't think it was a serious post to what our starting 11 should be. That's how I read it anyway

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Oh, those reliable sources. You should have said. If anyone's going to break a transfer story about Rovers it's going be Kamy and the mods. 

You seem a very angry little person. Who suffers from a distinct inability to treat anybody with any kind of respect. Not worth debating with.

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

So by ‘live’ you mean on tv and a highlights show??? (Apart from the couple of times we played them).

Pretty sure you disregard the opinions of people who haven’t been at games but have said they’ve seen the highlights so guessing you’re happy for your comments to be disregarded in the same way.

Yes and he was injured when we played them at Ewood, so not much to go off. If you watch his YouTube videos he has a wand of a left foot. 

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

So by ‘live’ you mean on tv and a highlights show??? (Apart from the couple of times we played them).

well most of the times I'm watching my team play live so not going to see them live every game am I? 

See chapman is being mooted as a loan deal, if that’s the case I’d rather make a signing rather than a loan. Don’t see what advantage we get from a loan player doing well for us other than possibly a few extra points but wages used, no resale value and stopping one of our own development makes it a no from me despite me liking chapman. 

35 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

See chapman is being mooted as a loan deal, if that’s the case I’d rather make a signing rather than a loan. Don’t see what advantage we get from a loan player doing well for us other than possibly a few extra points but wages used, no resale value and stopping one of our own development makes it a no from me despite me liking chapman. 

A loan with a view could make all kinds of sense when you consider his injury problems. Let him prove he has put his injuries behind him before devoting a full term contract.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

If it is a season long loan it would be good as he is in his last year of his contract and would be a free agent at the end of the loan. Fee to pay though because of his age. I can understand Mowbray being cautious with him after such a very bad injury. Good idea not to risk a fee to buy him until he has proven himself fit. 

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, philipl said:

I read that as a no Chapman reply.

I read it as a Chapman signs this week reply 

• Like 1

We hold all the cards with Chapman tbh.

He has a year left on his contract, Boro are obviously not sure whether to offer him another one. There would be little point for them sending him on loan to us for a season as he would just walk for free in a years time.

It is probably us that would prefer a loan but I just do not see Boro doing it as it makes no sense to them. They will want a fee now so if thats the case...give them a nominal take it or leave it figure. Lower financial risk for us.

The kid obviously loved it here and forged some great relationships - so I would imagine its how much TM wants it rather than the player.

Edited by JacknOry