BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

We hold all the cards with Chapman tbh.

He has a year left on his contract, Boro are obviously not sure whether to offer him another one. There would be little point for them sending him on loan to us for a season as he would just walk for free in a years time.

It is probably us that would prefer a loan but I just do not see Boro doing it as it makes no sense to them. They will want a fee now so if thats the case...give them a nominal take it or leave it figure. Lower financial risk for us.

The kid obviously loved it here and forged some great relationships - so I would imagine its how much TM wants it rather than the player.

Every interview TM has done i have got the impression that he's not that keen on Chapman. Especially after two hamstring tears I can't see it. Hope I'm wrong and we give him a chance for a small fee. Like others said unlikely Boro would want a loan

1 hour ago, benhben said:

Every interview TM has done i have got the impression that he's not that keen on Chapman. Especially after two hamstring tears I can't see it. Hope I'm wrong and we give him a chance for a small fee. Like others said unlikely Boro would want a loan

I got the impression he is keen. Funny how two people can read completely different things from the same quotes 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I got the impression he is keen. Funny how two people can read completely different things from the same quotes 

Yeah but he is hardly waxing lyrical about the kid - keeping his cards close to his chest I reckon.

Making everything sound 'meh' rather than directly upping any fee for Chapman by declaring how bad he wants him.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Yeah but he is hardly waxing lyrical about the kid - keeping his cards close to his chest I reckon.

Making everything sound 'meh' rather than directly upping any fee for Chapman by declaring how bad he wants him.

I may be wrong here but if TM said in interviews how much he wanted chapman would that not encourage Boro to up the price? 

Just now, TruRover said:

I may be wrong here but if TM said in interviews how much he wanted chapman would that not encourage Boro to up the price? 

Which is what I said..isnt it?

1 hour ago, benhben said:

That's the impression I get "Wouldn't be a starter" etc. More to the point I'm not sure why the player would want to come when he rarely got a start last time he was here and has already been told he Wouldn't be a starter if he came back.

Of course TM might simply be trying to play down any interest to keep the fee down but I think he'd have to be telling the player another thing in private to what he's said in public.

12 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I think was JacknOrys point 

I think mowbray is interested, but no benefit in sounding too enthusiastic. A good few times he has mentioned how having someone like Chapman in a team can hurt the opposition 

I think was JacknOrys point 

I think mowbray is interested, but no benefit in sounding too enthusiastic. A good few times he has mentioned how having someone like Chapman in a team can hurt the opposition 

Don't especially recall that. He has though made a point of saying that having an hour of Craig Conway plodding up and down the field is often better than these "flying wingers"!

I definetly don't recall him saying that!

He did say words to that effect, time to fully expect Conway to be a regular starter as a defensive winger type imo.

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't especially recall that. He has though made a point of saying that having an hour of Craig Conway plodding up and down the field is often better than these "flying wingers"!

And what a piece of crap that is. He was just trying to justify offering Conway a new contract. Christ knows why!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Ellis Harrison saw someone commented about him coming to Rovers

Rumour seems to have come from a pretty unreliable Twitter account in fairness.

Side note: How can anyone know what a club is about to bid. Not only is he claiming to have an inside ear to the Bristol Rovers boardroom. He is acting like he has an inside line to the Rovers boardroom as well.

Could maybe partially be wide-eyed if he'd said we had bid that sum. But the way he says "are prepared to bid in the region". Sorry. No.
Don't believe it.

Gaz.png

Edited by RovingRover
Context.